Author Topic: Macs Suck  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
  • I know Karate!....and several other Japanese words
Macs Suck
« on: June 23, 2006, 07:44:42 pm »
http://www.milkandcookies.com/article/1922/

http://www.roosterteeth.com/archive/episode.php?id=118

Those 2 vidoes are funny as hell, anyone who likes mac bashing should enjoy them.    8)

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
Re: Macs Suck
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 08:18:08 pm »
MACs are silly. They crossed the line between useful and annoying a long time ago.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 08:48:10 pm »
I have a Mac laptop and can play Wolf:ET and UT2004 on it.

That's enough for me.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 11:58:30 pm »
A lot of PC owners say Macs suck. I am a PC owner and I've never tried a Mac myself, but I do not bash it all the time because of that reason. Have you guys even tried one? If you have, and you did like the PC better, then go ahead and state your opinions on it. If you haven't, then just be quiet. Even if you have tried it and disliked it, there is no reason to bash it, you should just say why you disliked it in a responsible manner, and not something like "OMG MACS R TEH SUXXORZ!!1!1fifty-four!!111one1one"

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Atomic Hype

• Major
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 12:24:13 am »
Thank you Twist.

My opinion is that OS X is far better than Windows.

But I don't go around bashing PCs all the time.

EDIT: All I use is this iBook fyi.
War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 12:41:24 am »
there are 3 macs in this house, and one PC,

i have the PC.

and i prefer it that way.
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 12:43:59 am »
I know a lot of mac users that don't like macs. I like linux better than macs.

Offline Svirin Kerath

• Camper
  • O NO I GOT SHOTD
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 12:52:14 am »
i hate windows and mac!!! =D
but i think windows are more useful...
I AM A SMARTARSED PRICK OF A HUMAN BEING

I AM ALSO DOUCHEBAGGERY, AND I'M SPREADING

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 06:33:20 am »
We are forced to use Macs are school. They really suck, but i think it might be partly because of idiot kids at school doing stupid things with them. But i still don't like Macs. PC's rock my jocks.  ;)
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 03:18:24 pm »
ah the first one was hilarious, the second didnt work. and now the mac commercials are starting to bash windows...

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 06:05:54 pm »
If you though an apple out of a window, the passing penguin will eat it.

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 09:40:26 pm »
A lot of PC owners say Macs suck. I am a PC owner and I've never tried a Mac myself, but I do not bash it all the time because of that reason. Have you guys even tried one? If you have, and you did like the PC better, then go ahead and state your opinions on it. If you haven't, then just be quiet. Even if you have tried it and disliked it, there is no reason to bash it, you should just say why you disliked it in a responsible manner, and not something like "OMG MACS R TEH SUXXORZ!!1!1fifty-four!!111one1one"

Yes I use macs quite often at school and I despise them for many of the same reasons the guy mentions in the first video.  I just find them a pain to operate and they are more expensive than PC's with less power.  Most programs macs are used for like Photoshop are also available for pc so I have no reason to really use one.  And they are also very unreliable, all that crap Apple spouts about macs never freezing is bull****.  I can't count how many times I've lost all the data on something I'd been working on for a few hours at school due to the program freezing up.  And I can't possibly comprehend what the hell they were thinking when they gave their mouse only 1 button, is it supposed to make is simpler?  So instead you have to ctrl+click, which is a real pain to do while using it constantly.

There, I have voiced a few reasons for my loathing of Macintosh.  Satisfied?   :-*   I can list more if you want.

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 10:13:23 pm »
ive used them. if you are going to use something that wont support windows programs you mite as well use linux.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 10:48:27 pm »
The only guarantee macs have that others do not. Is driver and hardware support.

Simply because mac is the only one who makes mac hardware :) There is no upgrading, you buy a whole new machine :)

Offline Atomic Hype

• Major
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 12:39:05 am »
The thing you have to realize, Plonkoon, is that those are public computers. And public computers blow.

My computer has never had to restart, and I rarely ever shut it down (only when I travel with it).

If a program crashes, nothing else is affected. Can you say the same for Windows? Have you ever had something that bogs down the whole OS?

The other thing is, once you get accustomed to using the OS, you don't even need to right click as much as you would think. And if you seriously can't get past the single button, just go buy a cheap USB mouse like I did.

The other great perk is that I don't have to run performance depleting software in the background so that I won't have to worry about getting a virus.

And bja, you can run OSX on different computers (haxorz).

Offline Plonkoon

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2006, 10:27:11 am »
The thing you have to realize, Plonkoon, is that those are public computers. And public computers blow.

My computer has never had to restart, and I rarely ever shut it down (only when I travel with it).

If a program crashes, nothing else is affected. Can you say the same for Windows? Have you ever had something that bogs down the whole OS?

The other thing is, once you get accustomed to using the OS, you don't even need to right click as much as you would think. And if you seriously can't get past the single button, just go buy a cheap USB mouse like I did.

The other great perk is that I don't have to run performance depleting software in the background so that I won't have to worry about getting a virus.

And bja, you can run OSX on different computers (haxorz).

First of all, these ones don't.   the class is for digital graphics and 3d animation and the computers were the latest on the market as of 2004, which should still be fairly high end.   Second, your right about not shutting them down, the teacher often leaves them on for days straight while rendering.  Third, you mean like if photoshop crashes you force quit it then everything else stay running properly? correct, but that doesnt' change the fact that you still lose all the data from the crashed program, about every other day in my 3d animation class I get a "Maya has unexpectedly quit".   Fourth, I couldn't stand using photoshop with one button, so we got the teacher to get some new intel mouses with 2.  And last, anti virus and spyware usually only takes up a max of about 20mb of RAM, and did you know that Macs just recently got their first virus?  They are actually very vulnerable to them but no one has ever really tried much before.

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2006, 11:33:10 am »

First of all, these ones don't.   the class is for digital graphics and 3d animation and the computers were the latest on the market as of 2004, which should still be fairly high end. 

Ur 1 year shy of needing now ones :)

Everyone I have talked to agrees, computers need replaced every 3 years :)

Offline Atomic Hype

• Major
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2006, 02:49:19 pm »
Plonkoon, Macs have always been suceptable to viruses.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2006, 03:11:05 pm »
Macs are like stock cars (i.e. NASCAR): Out of the box they can go fast, but you can't customize the crap out of them because it's like a solid piece. On the plus side, it's probably not going to be destroyed as easily since you can't easily modify the hardware.
Now that I think of it, I guess they're also like AK-47s. Since the only way to customize them is with the equivilent of duct-taping on knives or something.

Various anti-Mac propaganda:
Dave Barry says that Macs are for wusses who are too weak to do hand-to-hand combat with their computers.
"Macs" backwards is "scam".

PCs are like normal cars: they can suck when you first get them, they can continue to get worse if you take poor care of them. However, it's easier to fix them up and get them working better, and if you don't like something, it's easier to change it than on a Mac. Plus, you can even convert it into something else (Linux) without purchasing new hardware.
Maybe PCs are like those guns with all those accessory rails. 'Cause you can keep changing it and it'll still work.

I haven't used a good Mac computer, we did have some iMacs in my elementry school's computer lab 5 years ago, so don't assume I'm not biased.

I don't care what computer type you use, as long as it gets what you want done.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2006, 03:30:00 pm »
I got a Mac. I dont use it lol.
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007