Author Topic: You don't even know...  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Atticus

• Major
  • Always outnumbered, but never outgunned.
You don't even know...
« on: January 27, 2007, 06:00:31 pm »
how fun it is to get used to a new weapon balance. I'm being serious. I don't know if anyone agrees with me, but thats one of the biggest things I look forward to in a new version. I like it when you guys spice things up some. It's what keeps me coming back. And no, I don't think that it is possible to make the weapons completely balanced in this game, because the weapon's properties just don't mix well. I have been around for many new versions and from what I have seen there is always at least one weapon that has the most advantage over the others in my eyes. It used to be that autos had prime advantage over the rest of the weapons. Right now, I believe that the strongest weapons are the barret and the m79. Who knows what they will be in the next version. I don't, but I can tell you one thing. I can't wait to find out. I'm actually very happy with the 1.3.1 weapons balance. I have no problem with the strength of the weapons. The only really complaint that I hear about is the barret. I mean, realistically the sniper is a hell of a weapon and if you get shot you're dead. The only way to make the barret on the level of the other weapons in my opinion is to make it where you can only use it when you are crouched or proned like the law. This would make it much more realistic and even, but at the same time it would slow down the pace of this fast game. There would also be an uproar from the barret users and thats just how it goes. That just goes to show how hard it is to balance this game. You come up with ideas that make sense, but they all converse each other out. It is impossible to balance Soldat and keep everyone happy and I guess that is all that I'm trying to say.
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
Re: You don't even know...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 01:53:55 am »
Its been so long, I don't remember what it feels like.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: You don't even know...
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 01:36:14 pm »
it feels a lot like when you got the game the first time, and it is a magical time where all the players are getting used to it all and everyone is mostly on the same level! Unless they nerfed your favorite gun, then you go whine in general discussions.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan