Author Topic: crouch advantage:  (Read 14309 times)

Offline muzikman

• Major
Re: crouch advantage:
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2009, 07:32:16 pm »
Ruger reload is long, the only short reloads are chainsaw, fist, knife, mp5

How is the ruger reload long?

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2009, 10:07:51 pm »
Wow, old topic from back in 2007.

Interesting idea, crouching makes you reload faster. I like that. I've always found the crouch not very useful except to hide yourself, reduce bink and increase accuracy, but proning always does a lot better.

This idea is great for slow-reloading weapons, but the idea can backfire depending on which weapon. Some guns already reload extremely quickly (Socom, DEs, MP5, Steyr Aug, Spas for instance), so there isn't really a need for them to get an increase in reload speed, even if it is just a small difference.

The idea may backfire when it comes to the M79. If the M79 reloads faster than 3 seconds, it's considered overpowered.

As for the Barrett, the reload time is NOT the same as the fireinterval. Crouching would only help you load back your 10 ammo (which takes extremely long), so I support that. The idea also works well for the AK, Minimi, Minigun and the LAW.

Ruger's reload is 100 reload + 40 fireinterval. It's relatively decent-fast.

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2009, 11:31:49 pm »
This would be good for certain guns like Barret, Law and larger guns...hmmm I like it. Don't forget to add a poll!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2009, 03:52:59 am »
This is reasonable.

However the reason why people crouch relatively rare is imo too small reduction in height. I mean that you aren't much smaller target when crouched. Being much smaller target should be one of the main advantages of crouching.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2009, 05:40:37 am »
you could say the same for proning, altrough it makes your enemy easier to make an headshot, which is kinda funny, you prone to have better aim, whilst placing your head with a sign "shoot here"
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2009, 05:57:11 am »
yeah.
And if your enemy is in air, being in prone is worse than standing.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2009, 03:40:54 pm »
Wow, old topic from back in 2007.

Interesting idea, crouching makes you reload faster. I like that. I've always found the crouch not very useful except to hide yourself, reduce bink and increase accuracy, but proning always does a lot better.

This idea is great for slow-reloading weapons, but the idea can backfire depending on which weapon. Some guns already reload extremely quickly (Socom, DEs, MP5, Steyr Aug, Spas for instance), so there isn't really a need for them to get an increase in reload speed, even if it is just a small difference.

The idea may backfire when it comes to the M79. If the M79 reloads faster than 3 seconds, it's considered overpowered.

As for the Barrett, the reload time is NOT the same as the fireinterval. Crouching would only help you load back your 10 ammo (which takes extremely long), so I support that. The idea also works well for the AK, Minimi, Minigun and the LAW.

Ruger's reload is 100 reload + 40 fireinterval. It's relatively decent-fast.
YES!! ITS FINALLY BEEN REVIVED!!!

No I guess it isn't too helpful for desert eagles, but why would you ever crouch with desert eagles. that gun is specialized so that running around/dodging would be more economical than crouching.

You can work better as a teammate and more strategically. you might blast their team in the face with your minigun, drop back a touch out of the action to reload quicker and be overall more productive to your team than if you just went banzai with the soccom.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2009, 11:14:18 pm »
^ I agree. And ya... DEs are supposed to be used running around.

I've always believed that the Minigun works best if you are crouched on the ground because it works like a prone + you can maneuver around a bit better/faster when necessary + you get pushed back less than if you prone. It is unable to perform its function as a pusher/binker well because its reload is too long, which means it is unable to provide consistent fire to keep it pushing/binking.

Offline muzikman

• Major
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2009, 06:49:31 pm »
Lol sorry for the necro.  But if we're in that sort of mood....

*cough look at my threads

Offline scarface09

• Veteran
  • Arsenal Supporter For Life
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2009, 11:46:37 pm »
Adddd aaaaa pollll!!
Football is the other face of the world. If you don't like it, then you can get the hell out!

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2009, 11:47:58 pm »
Why? It's already been added to the suggestions sticky, and a poll doesn't make this thing more likely to happen at this point anyway. if the highlords decide to implement it, it'll happen.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Xxypher

• Veteran
  • Soldat Veteran.
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2009, 12:04:03 pm »
This is one idea I love, but I will have to say no to. Campers would have the biggest upperhand.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2009, 03:10:10 pm »
This is one idea I love, but I will have to say no to. Campers would have the biggest upperhand.
they honestly wouldn't, everyone can crouch. If your only way to get a camper is to banzai attack then yes he will probably beat you but he would always have beaten you despite the idea.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2009, 06:38:45 am »
I'd love this. Especially not only it promotes crouching for faster reload, but lets say youve got a law and a barret and both are dry, just go behind a corner, charge up your guns a tad faster then go out again.

Although 1,5 rate sounds a bit extreme. 1,2 or 1,3 might work better.

If not all weapons, then atleast LAW since it feels like it has a tad too long reload.
Right now it feels better to throw the damn thing away after firing the missile.

Offline Gotfryd

• Camper
  • realistic rules!
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2009, 07:38:02 am »
Right now it feels better to throw the damn thing away after firing the missile.

That's what I always do (except in trenchwars) :)
After that i pick some primary from the ground and have a lot of fun :)

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2009, 11:40:59 am »
Some of the arguments against this idea reference some of the guns that already reload relatively quickly and claim the suggestion as unfair, such as the MP5, Steyr, etc.

Please notice that a 4 year old's suggestion is about a scaling quantity. That is, it's not suggesting a constant integer set for all the guns, it's going to be a percentage of each gun's reload time.

15% of 100 is 15. However... 15% of 200 is 30. The gap, mathematically speaking, is the same.

It's all scaled appropriately because of how percentages work. No weapon is going to have a bigger advantage from crouching than others because the advantage is the same for every weapon.

Another knock against this concept is the fact that campers would theoretically have an unfair advantage.

The most popular (and arguably best) weapon for camping is the Barrett. Reload and fireinterval are 2 different things. It would not decrease the time in between the Barrett's shots, it would only decrease the time required to regain the clip of 10 shots. STM1993 already mentioned this, too.

This idea seems well thought out and I would like to see it implemented.

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline The Epic Guy

• Soldier
  • No more foreplay
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2009, 08:39:42 pm »
I dont know if this has already been put out there, but being on the ground reloads jets 2X faster.

Your idea is good too. I dont know about reloading deagles in a split second though.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2009, 09:37:26 pm »
I dont know about reloading deagles in a split second though.
I... need a glass of water before I stab something...

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline tehsnipah

• Veteran
  • Koreanah Snipah
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2009, 09:44:12 pm »
Wow a very amazing idea! I do like the sound of "Sleight of Hand" while crouching. This could be very nice if MM implement this idea in 1.5.
"Prudence is good when pulling the trigger on a heavy firearm. It's all or nothing. So is life, wouldn't you say?"

Offline Espadon

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • GO BEAT CRAZY
    • Tabnir at deviantART
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2009, 08:13:36 pm »
I'm more for putting each increase as its own value in weapons.ini instead of being a hardcoded universal value. Downside: a lot of WM mods will have to be redone to accommodate.
CRYSO | HLT                        

CRY0 | NAN0 2.1 | 0MEN 1.0 | PYR0 1.1M | B0RG 1.0