Author Topic: Scenery randomly changing  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Wasicsko

• Major(1)
Scenery randomly changing
« on: June 23, 2006, 10:06:50 pm »
First problem is that I couldn't delete some of my scenery (I'm using MapMaker). Second, after I was almost done with the map, some of my scenery randomly rotated, moved, and changed transparancy. Pictures later if needed.. any ideas? (Please no: Your problem is you need to switch to polyworks type answers, kay?)
(+) Wasco on LRS

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Re: Scenery randomly changing
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 10:32:37 pm »
You can't delete scenery just by clicking on it. You have to pinpoint the general area of the scenery's top-left corner pixel, and that can drastically change if you rotated it heavily.

As for the scenery randomly transforming, I have no clue about that. Did you compile the map?

Offline Wasicsko

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 06:56:53 am »
Yes. And the map is fairly large as well. I had compiled and saved it, then was making a few more final adjustments when I went all fubar. Thinks I wasn't even touching would rotate and become either more transparent or darker.
(+) Wasco on LRS

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 09:01:28 am »
Please don't kill me: Use polyworks for scenery, but just for scenery, that way it should remember the values better.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 12:44:20 pm »
I don't know... I tried compiling even just a regular-sized map I made in PW (scenery & objects hidden), and when the compilation was done and I revealed them, all the scenery and colliders I placed (thankfully not many) shifted to the right and failed to match the polygons' new compiled positions. ??? I had to drag them back manually.

Offline rainrider

• Soldier
    • rrhp
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 05:13:54 am »
If you already used 256 sceneries, new graphics will crash previous ones.

Offline -{Phoenix}-

• Major
  • /<**
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 03:47:24 pm »
i had this problem berfore to

If you already used 256 sceneries, new graphics will crash previous ones.

rainriders right, cut down on the scenary a little, if u want lots of scenery in your map try find some downloads that have a large size of scenery, or u could make scenery yourself, making them a large size ;)
FEAR - fear is not to be feared - fear is edge - fear keeps you on your toes - fear keeps one eye open when you sleep - fear adds caution to courage - conquer fear and fear is not your foe, its your friend.