Author Topic: map to server  (Read 2018 times)

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
map to server
« on: June 23, 2006, 10:59:29 pm »
hello. i am curious if this could easily be done. i have a small soldat server currently, it is for the wang clan. i run it and a webserver out of my house. i also have a website that is hosted by freehostia....for free. i want to have a php script have someone be able to upload a .zip for there map, but then i want the script to extract the map into C:\Soldat_Dedicated..maybe i could do it by having php run another program with a parameter. anyways, then i want the name of the map added to a maplist called custommaps.txt and i want php to send a /say command to my server that informs them of a map. i want then to configure arsse on-the-fly to change the map playlist to custommaps.txt once the round is over. then after the map was played if there was more than 6 people(a variable) that they could vote by using arsse to save how many voted, just a textvote if you understand what i mean. then if it is over 50% i want the map in custommaps.txt to be added to maplist.txt....i do not know how hard/feasible this would be, but if anyone who knows something about networking and php/apache and arsse could help me out. thanks.  :P

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Re: map to server
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 08:16:14 pm »
Well, this could be done in this way: Upload zip to server, then you have external program checnking the folder where zip is located for new stuff (for like every 5 minutes or so), when new stuff is found, the prog downloads the .zip file and instals it to C:\Soldat_Dedicated\maps\ and adds the file to custommap.txt, then reloads the mapfile and chnages to new map. :)
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 06:13:41 am »
All of that is possible, you'll just need a couple custom written scripts and programs.

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 04:19:24 pm »
alright, thank you...i might work on this when i have some time. thought it would be pretty cool. all the best