Author Topic: Weapon Accuracy statistic!!!  (Read 1303 times)

Offline boer

• Major
Weapon Accuracy statistic!!!
« on: January 30, 2007, 06:33:41 am »
^^ It should be very easy to implement. Shots fired , shots hit would be registered server side. It would then show up next to your name or where-ever .
Its just some stats useful to indicate who really own, who does not, who sprays etc..

Otherwise, It would really be nice to hear your hits with a special sound, like in Q3. The sound's volume should be consistant with the distance of the hit, so spraying  would not increase as a result.

Also, when you are hit, some graphical/sound effect should result.

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
Re: Weapon Accuracy statistic!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 06:47:36 am »
i think whoever owns is the one with the most kills

plus your second idea encourages spraying

Offline boer

• Major
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 07:02:43 am »
ok then, you should not hear when the hit was not in the vicinity!!! Thats what was meant by the volume of the sound being indirectly proportionate to the distance you are from it, like all other sounds in the game( i hope??).

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 05:08:44 pm »
who cares what your accuracy is? i spray, because spraying is often better than aiming.  If i've worked my self-bink really high with the mp5, and someone is on the verge of death, i will spray off 7 bullets so 1 can hit him and finish him off, because letting the bink die down can take too long.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 11:56:36 pm »
Also, when you are hit, some graphical/sound effect should result.

Chances are if I am getting hit, I do not want some bloody effect like my screen shaking, or my screen turning red, while I am trying to kill the fool who thought it would be funneh to shoot me. I think your health bar going down, and the Soldaten's cries of anguish are enough. Anymore sounds and I wouldn't be able to hear the enemies jets, gunfire, or steps.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 04:59:55 am »
/support
I would like to see especially in survival mode, after you got killed, there will be some kind of statistic shown to you. Kinda like AMX Mod for CS 1.6 and Mani mod for CS:S.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 05:08:10 am »
who cares what your accuracy is? i spray, because spraying is often better than aiming.  If i've worked my self-bink really high with the mp5, and someone is on the verge of death, i will spray off 7 bullets so 1 can hit him and finish him off, because letting the bink die down can take too long.
Means that you do not have the skill to aim. In other words, you are a noob.

Because of people like you, I haven't enjoyed many clanwars or gathers for long time! There are some exceptions, but in general view, spraying kills the fun.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 07:16:03 am »
if there's a flagger just out of my view and i know where he is, i'm not going to keep running until i can see him, i'm going to spray the fuck out of him and hope like hell that he'll die before he caps

btw your second idea would be pointless because what would be the point of special sounds for shooting your target WHEN YOU CAN SEE HIM?

Offline -Vis-

• Flagrunner
  • Zarch
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2007, 11:52:16 am »

What I want to know is, why on earth are you letting your self-bink get so high?

And I really don't think much of this idea. I don't care how much other people are hitting, I just wanna get on with the game and concentrate on how I'M doing.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2007, 05:07:11 pm »
response: somtimes its cuz of gettin hit.  most of the time its a dm situation, i jacked up my self-bink killing someone (up-close),  and then i want to finish off a weakened player who comes around the corner.

I play smart and shoot in spurts.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///