Author Topic: Where are the newest maps played?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline {depth}shaman

• Soldier
  • I'm Warning lvl 1! So i suggest you lay low
Where are the newest maps played?
« on: January 31, 2007, 12:12:00 am »
I've been playing soldat for a few years, but just recently joined the forums. I am astounded by the crazy supply of nice maps coming out. My question is, what servers host these maps? In the past month easterisland, tw battleground, saw, gothic, and all of the nice maps posted in map of the week ( http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=7863.0 ) have come out, but I haven't seen any in the soldat lobby. Where can I get in in on the action? Is it worth making maps? do they recieve play?
Life's like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit goes down with each bite.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
Re: Where are the newest maps played?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 01:51:48 am »
In the long run, it isn't really worth it.  You'll get a bit of praise, then people might play your map if it's good enough, but it's extremely rare to have it become a default map unless you're a beta tester.

There are exceptions, of course.  Some people's maps are almost standard because they cater to a certain mode (such as ones for R/S or climbing maps), but they're almost only played within those modes.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 05:33:39 am »
Plus custom maps being played is.. pretty underground. As far as I know only Leo hosts custom maps for the public ( customs as in not a sub game mode ), those are the realsol servers.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 04:07:10 pm »
Plus custom maps being played is.. pretty underground. As far as I know only Leo hosts custom maps for the public ( customs as in not a sub game mode ), those are the realsol servers.
Yes, I check these forums daily for custom maps. I don't really understand why most of server admins don't care on hosting other maps than defaults.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 07:23:27 pm »
Too troublesome, or too used to the default set? I would[/i] [host a purely non-default server], but I don't really have the time and just can't really get my router right. :P

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2007, 07:44:31 pm »
THInk i saw a server.. Think it was called "Get ready to get duffed" or something. "duff" was there.
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.