Author Topic: Rules Suck!  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Ender

• Major(1)
Rules Suck!
« on: June 16, 2006, 05:00:29 pm »
2. Please don't resurrect old topics. Before you post, check the date of the last post. If its a few months old, chances are the topic has stopped being updated (comics) or the creator isn't checking for criticism any more (movies). Don't post if links are broken, either. Let it die.
Why let perfectly cool comics die just because they are not updated anymore? Why not allow to ask for working links? Why would a comic made 1 day ago be any better than a comic made two years ago?

I think there is nothing wrong with trying to preserve the cool fan art. Majority (99% of players) will never read the art at the moment it's first posted so why aren't people allowed to enjoy them later?

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
Re: Rules Suck!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 01:17:11 pm »
i dont think it has to do with how good they are, it's just that those comics had their time to shine, and all the new ones cant be appreciated if they keep getting bumped down by people posting stuff like "nice" on 2 year old threads
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline KeFear

• Soldier
  • ARSSE Creator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 01:29:00 pm »
I reccommend opening a post with the greatest soldat comics/movies/etc art of all time, where there you can find the comics which are not updated anymore (similar to Fan Apps List)

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 02:47:07 pm »
I've been intending to talk to the others about modifying the rules for this forum for this exact reason.  I had mentioned to the moderators a long time ago that I don't believe we should be strict about reviving old threads in this forum because then... well.. exactly what you said

In other words, I will look into (and discuss with others) about making a change to the rules in this forum about bumping old topics for movies/comics, because I think most of us will agree that it is a fair thing to do

Offline Kinky noob

• Camper
  • This is shugo he likes to eat his fingers!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 07:58:51 pm »
Why not make a new thread subsection thing called Legends or something. all the Great old comics go three huh!!

Offline Juggernaut

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 11:25:21 pm »
yea any dead posts will go to the legend subsection.

Offline Ender

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 11:53:04 am »
Make the change already! You've had years! (see how useful resurrecting old topics is?)

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 01:41:03 pm »
lol id say this is the ultimate resurrection, but they need to make a sticky of this idea
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Ninja80p

• Major
  • "Lol, Dragonball Z reference"-Valorman
    • PortalNexus
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 12:56:35 pm »
Yes this needs to come to life it was put out here a year ago!
Christmas Update!!! (finally eh?)
Ninja80p's Comics