Author Topic: annoying and senseless bink  (Read 1353 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
annoying and senseless bink
« on: February 03, 2007, 10:30:53 am »
If you've ever played with the barret and got shot from really far away by, say, the [MP5] or the [Spas], your bink goes up insanely unreasonably!  That bullet lost so much energy and practically does no damage but it still binks the heck out of you.  My proposition is simple:  remove the unnecessary bink produced by such weak bullets.
Simple enough?
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Snipufin

• Camper
Re: annoying and senseless bink
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 10:58:51 am »
Agreed, I hate that when I get a random shot from a spray and I can't aim anymore.

Make the bink depending about the damage.
Name:     Snipufin
Position:    Soldier

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 12:16:24 pm »
Great, make the barretts main weaknesses against it completely useless and turn the barrett into a completely unstoppable killing machine.

While we're at it, nerf all the autos to, say, half power, and make the barrett fully automatic with a twice as fast firing rate.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 12:41:41 pm »
Great, make the barretts main weaknesses against it completely useless and turn the barrett into a completely unstoppable killing machine.

While we're at it, nerf all the autos to, say, half power, and make the barrett fully automatic with a twice as fast firing rate.
Or go to play 1.1.5.

Well, I see the logic behind this. Faster bullets make more damage. More damage caused to the player makes more bink? :o I mean, think about that one gets hit by a particle moving 1200m/s, with diameter of 2mm, and with another, which moves 1200m/s and has diameter of 4mm, thus has 4 times more mass -> more movement energy -> more damage? :o
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 01:23:50 pm »
I see the idea behind this, and I understand it. The  [Spas] really has a fucking unnessecary high bink, it can take out 3  [Barret] easylie, this is something out of balance. But you simply cannot take the whole bink away, this'll really make it to a killing machine. But I'd say same. Low power = Low bink. It's actually a good idea. Support'd.

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Lifeā„¢
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 04:34:55 pm »
Keep your paws off the Spas. If you want to nerf something, go for the Barret. LOOK AT THE STATS ! If you can't read numbers, I'll do a little math for you : there are 10 times as many kills for the Barret than all of the autos combined. So stop whining, it's already overpowered.

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Ajnin Ezakimak

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 06:50:39 pm »
Terrible idea really.

It makes the barret way too overpowered.  You could just camp and snipe them.  All their spray wouldn't even bink you, it'd be almost uncounterable.
Oh noes, I'm insane.

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 07:17:08 pm »
So your saying if a bullet lodges itself into your flesh, you're not going to stop aiming for a second, even if the bullet wasn't moving very quickly? If it's moving fast enough to penetrate your flesh, you're going to bink.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 07:26:53 pm »
Well, you're right about that, the bink needs to stay, but the Spas has to have less bink. Those are so many pallets, they should count as one bullet, not as seven.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 07:43:16 pm »
The bink rating for a gun is how many 1/60ths of a second your aim will be inaccurate for, or "clicks". The Barrett's bink is 90. This means that with one hit, your cursor will become large, and the gun will be inaccurate for 90/60ths of a second, or 1 and 1/2 seconds, until the cursor become normal again. If a gun has only 30 bink, it will be the same level of inaccuracy as any gun with bink, it will just last a lesser time. In this case, for half of a second. If a Barrett user gets hit, and while the bink is gradually going down, if he/she gets hit again during that time, the gun will be inaccurate again, and it will have to count down 1 and 1/2 seconds until it becomes normal again.

-_-
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 07:47:05 pm by Twistkill »

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 07:55:21 pm »
wow NOBODY seems to understand this topic
currently the barret gets binked more if a bullet hits from MUCH further away - that makes ZERO sense.  These bullets travel at a very slow rate but somehow bink you ten times worse than up close.  I definitely didn't say to remove bink on barret - but rather to not have such weak bullets have such an unrealistically big effect.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 08:11:21 pm »
Response: Soldat is not a realistic game.