Author Topic: Weapon pick-up priority list  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Skiessi

• Major(1)
    • asd.
Weapon pick-up priority list
« on: February 02, 2007, 07:33:05 am »
Now the guy picks up the first weapon he hits when there's lots of other weapons lying almost at the same spot.. basically, if I kill a noob who's using Barret with my knife, the barret and the knife drops almost to the same spot where the body of that dead guy is and when run there to get my knife back, I get the (noobish) Barret and waste my time. If there would be a list which would tell the game what weapons to prefer, it would be lot more fun to play.

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
Re: Weapon pick-up priority list
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 07:54:34 am »
That would be great, but only if it was a list made by the individual player; as some people may want to have that barrett instead of the knife.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Skiessi

• Major(1)
    • asd.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 09:48:47 am »
yea that's what I meant, it should be there in the player options

Offline Fitzpatrick

• Major
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 05:22:10 pm »
This is an interesting idea.
My suggestion would be to make a poll & see who is interested.
Fitzpatrick

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 06:25:17 pm »
i think its unnecessary, we could just make HUDS for weapons, and maybe have a key u can hold to walk over weps and not get them.

how would the priority list work? if you find your second favorite weapon, will it not pick it up in case u find ur fave.  Where's the cut-off.  Sometimes you are more willing to scrounge, sometimes not.
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2007, 10:33:48 am »
Its very very unnecessary, and definitely wont happen.

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2007, 04:29:21 pm »
Had a simliar idea, but for the knife. It wasn't very popular because the 'pros' wanted the satisfaction of picking their gun out of a mound of 'em, giving that skill to anyone would be disastrous for their collective egos :). Sorry, but no. Especialy to popsofctown's take on it.

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.