Author Topic: The Link Dump and amusing stuff list  (Read 713712 times)

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
Re: The Link Dump and amusing stuff list
« Reply #440 on: April 20, 2007, 03:48:23 pm »
http://www.thelastboss.com/post.phtml?pk=2651

Master chief vs Samus....seriously awesome.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #441 on: April 20, 2007, 04:45:00 pm »

The movie was so awesome, it brought a tear to my eye. *sniff* So f'kin' awesome. :'D

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #442 on: April 20, 2007, 04:50:26 pm »
I saw that the other night. Master Cheif being a girl = priceless

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #443 on: April 20, 2007, 05:08:30 pm »
I liked the dance at the end of it. So funny. This clip produces a pleasing blend of awesomeness and hilarity. Wonder why the directors are being so sucky lately...have you seen Eragon, the movie? It's awful.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #444 on: April 20, 2007, 06:21:34 pm »
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=57998

The official link to it, including a rant and a faq.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline ThunderPantz

• Camper
  • My avatar rules you.
« Reply #445 on: April 20, 2007, 08:27:03 pm »

HOLY SHIT since when did master chief get so... ownage... with mad jumping skills in the beginning?

LET THE BASH PIT LIVE ON.
Smoking doesn't kill people, cancer and tobacco does.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #446 on: April 21, 2007, 01:43:56 pm »
nawww the ending sucked on that one. it kinda ruined it for me.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #447 on: April 21, 2007, 01:46:00 pm »
Faqs for those who didn't click my link:

Internet: Why didn't you use the Samus Suit from Metroid instead of the stoopider looking one from SSBM?
Me: Among the reverse engineering method existing for Nintendo games. It was more difficult (more or less impossible) to get a decent Metroid Prime Samus. I did on the other hand make several posts in a multitude of forums (something I hate doing) and got little or no response. I didn't want to be too bothersome to the great people behind the engineering methods. As a busy artist like everyone else, I respect their time. In the end you just end up working with what you've got.

Internet: Why does it seem like Master Chief is getting completely PWNED by not only Samus with the suit, but Samus without the suit. That's totally not fair.
Me: Well I think the battle between them both armored is pretty well balanced. As for Zero Samus knocking Master Chick (Master Chief) around without even needing her suit, it's not really explained anywhere, but MC technically wasn't fighting back because she was in LOVE... mwahahahahahahahah

Internet: WTF?!?! Samus doesn't have rocket boots?!?! I hate you!!
Me: This was a tough choice for me, yes Samus has rocket boots because the way the storyboard played out in my mind needed more than the little I saw of Zero Samus' abilities in the upcoming Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

Internet: Master Chief should've won you suck!!!
Me: You obviously don't get the point of this movie

Internet: Samus should've won you suck!!!
Me: You obviously don't get the point of this movie

Internet: OMG you ROXORZ!!!! Can you make (insert character here) VS (insert character here)?
Me: I would love to get as much done as possible. These days I can't really tell what my schedule is like other than that I can be sure to be busy. On top of another videogame fight that I have planned. I would also like to continue my own original story too. It's hard to tell cause the movie I made before this one took me 8 months, whereas this one took me 2. I'll hope for the next ones to be just as quick if not quicker, but as of now I have about 17 different movies planned only in my mind.

Internet: What the hell was that shield shit that Samus did? That was stupid!! And why does the Master Chief/Chick whatever blow up?!!?
Me: Like I said before, the storyboarding comes before anything else. And that point in the song called for a climactic pause. On top of that, symbolic of their character, I feel Samus has a more feminine touch, which in turn implies protectiveness. Just as well, the Spartans more soldier-like and to the point. Since I've read all three Halo books, I had a lot to go by to know what they're capable of. Including the ability to self-destruct.

Internet: WHYYYYYY did you make Master chief a girl!?!?!? Master chief’s not a girl?!?!?! WHAT TEH HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU YOU FAG?!?!?!
Me: In the Halo story according to the books there were actually 32 Spartan soldiers, including women. If you look closely you can actually see the number 458 on the "Master Chick's" suit. 458 being the number of the Spartan that made a Cameo in the Dead or Alive series. Not much thinking went into it further than that though. Plus hot lesbians are awesome.

Internet: I love you will you have my babies?!?!?!?
Me: Sorry but I'm taken --> http://www.deviantart.com...6447/

Internet: Your stuff is soo good! Why aren't you doing this for a living?
Me: Good question. People keep saying that but no one wants to hire me hahah. But seriously, it's more like, I wonder if I can even do this for money? One thing about artists, the difference between being a fine artist and a commercial artist is pretty huge. And still I don't know where I stand. I work in a unique way with a unique workflow. I have very specific beliefs that determine how I do everything I do. It's stuff that can't ever be questioned, yet at the same time I work a full time job among the many other things that fill up my day’s time. I dream about the day that I could be doing this stuff full time while being able to maintain the costs of living. I wonder how having money involved would change it. I'm completely self-taught with everything I do, and I have a pretty good notion that my methods and workflow does not match up with the conventional ways of doing things. If I were to get a job in this sort of industry, it seems like I would have to start off at a very high position. But I could never ask anyone to put their money on the line for sake of my personal quirks, it's just not who I am. Will I ever earn the right for artistic funding?

Internet: How can master chick/chief have that spark even though she was actually a girl?
Me: Think about it....

Internet: Can you teach me to do stuff like this?
Me: I would love to. Unfortunately as you can tell I'm a very busy person. I hope to see more stuff like mine out there considering in all the time I've spent looking, I've come across very few completed animations. Lots of trailers and tests etc. but very few final projects. There certainly should be more out there, the technology and software is available. Yet the fact that there are so few hobbyist animators leads me to think that the problem is more than just that.

Internet: What the hell is with the ending sequence?!?! Why such gay music?!
Me: Yes… I like KPop (Korean Pop Music A.K.A. GayPop) And I love dancing. Part of my talent is my sense of Rhythm, as well as my mondo DDR Skills. Though since I did the scene last as an “extended scene,” with as tired as I was by the end of this project. I again assed this one out as well. Cause it certainly could’ve been better.

Internet: OMGZ This is awesome!!! Please make more!!!
Me: Currently I have about 17 movies storyboarded in my mind to a bunch of different songs, and the list keeps growing. 11 of those movies are of my original series with my friends and I in a story that I want to tell. The other 6 are with characters I know you would recognize. Like I said earlier, this was to gain publicity to promote my original work, which I would prefer to tell. Will you still be around in a few months when I make another story of characters you haven't seen? Given time I hope my characters become somewhat of a staple just the same. One thing that comes to mind when I think of this balance, the Directors of Star wars, The Matrix Trilogy, Final Fantasy the Spirits Within. As talented as those directors are, and as much esteem and respect they've earned in their past works. What must be maintained is the balance in what I want to show you and what you want me to show you.

In regards to my work, since I work for free, because no one is my boss, everyone is my boss. Knowing that I will earn your respect, and hopefully, I will be able to keep that balance.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Nems

• Major(1)
  • The anti-myth rhythm rock shocker.
« Reply #448 on: April 21, 2007, 05:53:45 pm »
Not clicking the link means we didn't want to know what was there.

Rap Cat bitches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP_3_NtG-lo
http://www.rap-cat.com/
poop

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #449 on: April 21, 2007, 05:54:06 pm »
How about that....idiots don't appreciate people who spends hours making the perfect movie. =\

Here's a link to a guy making a goth girl out of Microsoft Paint.....pretty amazing.
Click to view

Offline Nems

• Major(1)
  • The anti-myth rhythm rock shocker.
« Reply #450 on: April 21, 2007, 07:44:16 pm »
Well it's the internet. You don't have to enjoy every single thing on it. I bet most people don't enjoy a guy sucking his own dick.
poop

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #451 on: April 21, 2007, 08:11:31 pm »
How about that....idiots don't appreciate people who spends hours making the perfect movie. =\

Here's a link to a guy making a goth girl out of Microsoft Paint.....pretty amazing.
Click to view
hmm, hours of time making something, something that could have been done more efficiently and maybe even, better? with something other then MS paint? I don't care how cool it looks, people are just being stupid when they waste their time doing things inefficently.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #452 on: April 21, 2007, 08:14:38 pm »
Nems, blue ninja, and 4yo... go be pissy somehwere else, this place is for links, not idiot rantings.
@ii

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #453 on: April 22, 2007, 12:27:04 pm »
Nems, blue ninja, and 4yo... go be pissy somehwere else, this place is for links, not idiot rantings.
I concur: MS Paint thing was pretty amusing. Fine, I'll move my camping chair somewhere else...

Offline ThunderPantz

• Camper
  • My avatar rules you.
« Reply #454 on: April 26, 2007, 10:35:00 pm »
Here's why the barrett is so awesome. This video is amazing. The size of the bullet is huge and it can take out tanks. This is some crazy sh*t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWJp14tkBlU

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #455 on: April 26, 2007, 11:16:39 pm »
Here's why the barrett is so awesome. This video is amazing. The size of the bullet is huge and it can take out tanks. This is some crazy sh*t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWJp14tkBlU

I pratically shit my pants when I saw the .50 caliber bullet. I was already a fan of the barrett before watching this video. But after it now....heh....I wanna go out and buy one, complete with ammo and sound cancellors.

Offline ThunderPantz

• Camper
  • My avatar rules you.
« Reply #456 on: April 27, 2007, 02:40:48 pm »
WARNING: STICK MOVIE. THE SECOND ONE IS AWESOME WITH THE MUSIC AND ALL. Must watch the second one.

http://www.stickpage.com/blackvswhiteplay.shtml

http://www.stickpage.com/blackvswhite2play.shtml

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #457 on: April 28, 2007, 01:08:45 am »

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #458 on: April 28, 2007, 01:17:32 am »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6428233108896679183&hl=en
zomg i was rofling.
ahuh huh huh huh huh huh ahuh ahuh ahuh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh huh......<--Beavis and Butthead's laugh

Seriously, what's wrong with a man being in a ballet? They get $150 an hour every day, and still get paid when sick or having a day off.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #459 on: April 28, 2007, 01:28:51 am »
They get $150 an hour every day, and still get paid when sick or having a day off.
uhh, where the **** are you dreaming? WE get paid usually 20 (tiny rec games) to 80 (high level tournaments) dollars. And its done per game, which is about 2-2.5 hours. No pay for sick days, it is hard being a career referee.