Author Topic: The Link Dump and amusing stuff list  (Read 713718 times)

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
Re: The Link Dump and amusing stuff list
« Reply #1460 on: April 24, 2008, 05:02:57 pm »
<karlmex> So a friend of mine got back from Amsterdam a few months back, after spending a stint there with a bunch of his mates.  Told me quite possibly one of the funniest stories I’ve heard. They had picked up some shrooms and acid, and decided to take it in the wee hours of the morning, and spend the day exploring the city while they tripped…sure enough 20min into it, one of the group vanishes. So, after 7 or so hours of struggling to search for their lost friend, they decide it’d be best to head back to their hotel, sober up, regroup, and go looking when the gears worn off and they’d be of more use.
<tubs> lol k
<karlmex> Anyway, upon arrival at the hotel, surprise suprise they find their friend standing in the lobby, dazed and staring at the ceiling muttering to himself.  Understandably they were all pissed off with him for making them worry and bringing their trip down as a result of their half assed search. However all the friend can reply with is “this fucking town is full of gremlins!”… They tried to calm him down and tell him that it was the acid making him hallucinate, to which he replied “I knew you’d say that so I captured one and locked it in the bathroom…”
<tubs> lol?
<karlmex> as you’d expect they thought he was losing the plot, but he insisted they come to his room and look for themselves. So, they head to the room, and sure enough, the bathroom door is baracaded shut with chairs, lamps, mattress and the bed…they're getting a little worried now, so they cautiously move the furniture away and inch the door open…
<tubs> and??
<karlmex> ...Laying on the floor is a 10 year old kid with Down syndrome grinning ear to ear.
<tubs> lol dude that's fucked up
<karlmex> The mate had come across one of those outing groups or retarded kids - freaked out, balled up one of those poor little bastards carried him back to the room and locked him in the bathroom for proof…
<tubs> lol god man
<karlmex> anyway, luckily the kid had one of those ID cards saying “hi my name is Ted, I live at blah blah” lol so yea, took the poor kid to the lobby, called the cops and did a runner before they arrived lol.
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Iron Man

• Soldier
« Reply #1461 on: April 24, 2008, 06:14:59 pm »
wall o' text

friend told me a similar story from one of his friends. they were at a party and did some LSD and walked home.. it was still daylight. anyway they swore they saw a gremlin so they stole it and took it home and locked it into the garage. the next morning when they were normal again, they checked the garage.. turns out they had kidnapped a black baby. the guys got 2 years in jail for abduction..

luckily they were 17 and got let out early

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #1462 on: April 25, 2008, 03:42:00 pm »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dxW36e6XMOY

Man stuck in elevator for 41 hours.

Looking down from ethereal skies

Offline Snake

• Soldier
  • Chu Canadien Criss!

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #1464 on: April 26, 2008, 09:19:27 am »
Banned

Offline Tactical Sniper

• Soldier
  • I'm the only reason to be afraid of Canada!
« Reply #1465 on: April 26, 2008, 10:33:00 am »
Don't know if someone has posted this one yet...

Battlefield Heroes: A free to play online shooter, with a graphic style similar to stolen from teamfortress.  To be released in Summer 2008

Watch the video:   http://www.battlefield-heroes.com/video
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 02:18:20 pm by Tactical Sniper »

Offline Hundkeex

• Major
  • boycott the supervise
« Reply #1466 on: April 26, 2008, 12:17:59 pm »

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #1467 on: April 26, 2008, 12:57:39 pm »
Battlefield Heroes: A free to play online shooter, with a graphic style copied from Team Fortress 2.  To be released in Summer 2008
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 01:00:41 pm by Flamingo »
Banned

Offline Tactical Sniper

• Soldier
  • I'm the only reason to be afraid of Canada!
« Reply #1468 on: April 26, 2008, 02:14:27 pm »
Thats what I meant^ :D

Offline Wolf_Man

• Camper
  • I'm everything you're not watching.
« Reply #1469 on: April 26, 2008, 05:06:53 pm »
Hello, my name is Wolf_Man and I'm a complete tool.

* Wolf_Man knows woo will be on a poker soon.

This sign is so perfect.
he has eyebrows of authority + 5. Are you kidding?

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #1470 on: April 26, 2008, 06:53:25 pm »
Battlefield Heroes: A free to play online shooter, with a graphic style copied from Team Fortress 2. To be released in Summer 2008

Battlefield: Heroes was actually in production when TF2 (wich didn't invent the graphical style anyway) was nothing more than a piece of concept art.

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #1471 on: April 27, 2008, 05:13:09 am »
Originally planned as a free mod for Quake, development on Team Fortress 2 switched to the GoldSrc engine in 1998 after the development team Team Fortress Software - consisting of Robin Walker and John Cook - were first contracted and finally outright employed by Valve Corporation.

First press release from battlefield heroes was Jan 15 2008 (2007?)
Banned

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #1472 on: April 27, 2008, 07:30:55 am »
That really says nothing about when they decided to go with a cartoony look.

"We developed our art style in January 2007. At that point there were very little images out there from Team Fortress. As more details about Team Fortress came out we said 'well there's a similarity here because we're both cartoony, shall we change and go realistic again?'. But no we decided we wanted to keep going. The alternative would have been another gritty, realistic WW2 game and everyone's fed up with those. We really believe in our style and we're just going to go ahead and do it."

You are just afraid it will kick TF2's ass ;)

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #1473 on: April 27, 2008, 09:29:18 am »
I'm afraid not because you will have the whole internet community from <12 playing it and everyone else who's 12> will start whining about the crappy balance it will have.

unlike TF2
Banned

Offline bja888

• Flagrunner
  • Working
    • Bja888.com
« Reply #1474 on: April 27, 2008, 10:54:05 am »
I'm afraid not because you will have the whole internet community from <12 playing it and everyone else who's 12> will start whining about the crappy balance it will have.

unlike TF2

There is nothing worse than playing TF2 and hearing some winy little child get on the mic and start talking like he is running the show.

Do what ever it takes to get the children out of TF2 plz!!!

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #1475 on: April 27, 2008, 11:34:16 am »
That's why god invented battlefield heroes, every kid will start playing it and see TF2 as satan's tool.
Banned

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #1476 on: April 27, 2008, 12:14:34 pm »
You are just afraid it will kick TF2's ass ;)
Oh, you mean like Warrock?
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Psycho

• Flagrunner
  • Decomposing
« Reply #1477 on: April 27, 2008, 02:02:01 pm »
Just keep trolling flamingo, but from what I've seen from you, you tend to pre-judge consoles and games you havent even touched.
And noone cares about the opinions of people like that ;)

Oh, you mean like Warrock?

What?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 02:03:52 pm by Psycho »

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #1478 on: April 27, 2008, 02:12:42 pm »
A bunch of stupids thought they could make a better game than battlefield 2. They were wrong.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Flamingo

• Camper
« Reply #1479 on: April 28, 2008, 08:27:38 pm »
Though they still shat out battlefield 2142.

Date Posted: April 27, 2008, 11:51:40 pm
FIRE
Banned