25 (13%)
Kickback
29 (15.1%)
Number of shots till bink
19 (9.9%)
None of 'em.
8 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: /piss damages?  (Read 3681 times)

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
/piss damages?
« on: February 02, 2007, 11:30:43 am »
I think weapon modding could be a bit more in-depth, so here's a few ideas off the top of my head:

[USSOCOM]
Damage=260
FireInterval=43
Ammo=12
ReloadTime=72
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1
Auto/SemiAuto=0    (0 for semi, 1 for full)
Travel Straight=0    (Flight unaffected by gravity, also 0-1 to select)
Explosion Radius=0    (Explosion area of effect, bullets obviously not affected)
Bullets fired=1     (Amount of rounds fired per click)
Range before exploding=0     (Range the bullet will travel before exploding or disappearing; leave at 0 to travel until impact)
Kick back=0    (Whether of not the weapon pushes you back, 0-1 select)
Shots till bink=0    (Amount of shots the gun can fire until it's affected by the set bink amount, this would also allow semiautos to be binked if set at 1)

If you support some of these but not others, say so with your reason.

*NOTE* I realize that's not the actual socom's stats, I'm working on a Crimsonland weapons.ini mod.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 08:12:49 am by Lord Frunkamunch »
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
Re: More weapons.ini options.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 11:36:22 am »
I like them all especially the amount of rounds fired per click....be nice to have an M16 A2 on burst.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 11:36:49 am »
all good idea but i vote we have more bullet kinds and colours.... i've always wanted a pink laser weapon mod :D

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 11:42:30 am »
I like them all especially the amount of rounds fired per click....be nice to have an M16 A2 on burst.

I was thinking all at once, like a shotgun, but that's a good idea too. I hate having to make the clip size 3 and the reload fast to get that effect.

all good idea but i vote we have more bullet kinds and colours.... i've always wanted a pink laser weapon mod :D

Well, the 'Travel Straight' thing could make lasers, and you can already change bullet colors. You can actually do that now if you make the bullet speed really high...
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 11:44:53 am »

I suggested colored bullets for an option like colored jets in the old forums...forgot if anybody liked the idea.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Pyroguy

• Camper
  • Torch it.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 04:06:43 pm »
Changing the color trails your bullets make would be sweet, they would be like tracers.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 10:36:43 pm »
1. For a trail, you can simply color the bullet images in the Soldat folder

2. I like all of the options, just not the "Bullets Fired", because that can be set with teh "bullet type" somehow.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 10:52:48 pm »
Colour Trail sounds totally awesome.
Support.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2007, 01:01:41 am »
2. I like all of the options, just not the "Bullets Fired", because that can be set with teh "bullet type" somehow.

Err...No it can't...Unless you mean shotgun pellets, but then there's no chance of, say, explosive shotguns, plus the mandatory kickback is annoying.

Offline Ivarska

• Camper
  • I came to the world with the barret in my hand
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2007, 04:28:07 am »
well, i like the most of them, but i've seen topics like these many times before :-\

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 06:31:08 am »
the good thing about these settings is, that they are all included in soldat already, though not accessable in the weapons.ini
the travel straight thingy already affects the flamer. the range before exploding affects the StatGun / Chainsaw
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 10:17:02 am »
bust fire = ALT fireĀ  ;) (the way ā€œbust fireā€ would be activated when pressing a keyboard key )

shot in constant speed (SICS): The shot would go in a constant speed until making right in wall or enemy.bom for weapons of the future (TYPE: UT, TUROK2, QUAKE, PEFERCT DARKā€¦)

[USSOCOM]
Damage=260
FireInterval=43
Ammo=12
ReloadTime=72
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1
SICS = 0 ( 0=off ,1=on )
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 01:33:11 pm by wolfbr »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 10:21:47 am »
the good thing about these settings is, that they are all included in soldat already, though not accessable in the weapons.ini
the travel straight thingy already affects the flamer. the range before exploding affects the StatGun / Chainsaw

Yeah, but the flamer bullets only work for one weapon and have limited range, the stat gun is unmoddable and disabled on most servers anyway, and the chainsaw only affects the area at the end of the line.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 01:28:23 pm »
Oh and I just saw that this "Auto/Semi Auto" can already be changed with fireinterval, not?

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 01:32:24 pm »
Oh and I just saw that this "Auto/Semi Auto" can already be changed with fireinterval, not?
No, because even if you change the socom's Fireint to zero, it still isn't automatic.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline truup

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 03:35:21 pm »
There's only one thing I see necessary.. That's Semi/Auto. I really don't see much need on the others, not in this one either. Not to forget that this would be pretty hard to code, and 1.3.2 is around the corner, and it will be a long time 'till new version.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 07:30:16 pm »
Bumping, there's something else I thought of that really needs to be fixed. If you set the bullet type of a gun to any of explosives, it doesn't matter what damage rating you put in. The damage will always be that of the explosive weapon whose bullet type you're using. You could make the socom fire m79 grenades, and set the power to 1, but unless you change the m79 damage to 1 as well you'll be doing 165000 with the socom.

Pretty annoying for weapon modding...

Offline boer

• Major
Re: /piss damages?
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 11:09:59 am »
There's only one thing I see necessary.. That's Semi/Auto. I really don't see much need on the others, not in this one either. Not to forget that this would be pretty hard to code, and 1.3.2 is around the corner, and it will be a long time 'till new version.
No.
Its already coded, the only change that would have to occur is how weapons are loaded (a few more cin/readln's)
its would be a few (1-2) hours work at most.
oh, and there should be burst fire modes and amount of bullets in a burst.
(this is not in, but also fairly simple)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 11:15:16 am by boer »

Offline Rook_PL

• Soldier
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 11:57:57 am »
I liked all of them, except straight travel. Bullets can be set to that even now, when having very high speed.
Also, setting auto/semiauto will be useful ONLY when you want to have in mod more/less automatic weapons than 5. But I don't think it would be nice, when all weapons would be automatic, or all wouldn't.

BTW. Was the topic written as it is only to attract attention?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 11:59:55 am by Rook_PL »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 08:58:14 am »
Ontopic: Well, I'd like to have things that aren't affected by gravity since setting the speed really high takes away possibilities (For example, with straight travel and range before exploding, you could make a really low speed m79 bullet that would hardly move at all and be like a mine until it went to far, to prevent overusing. High speed would either make that range come too fast or just turn it into a grenade launcher)

Offtopic Yeah, wondered it that would get more views  ;D I edited it later because no one was posting; the topic used to be something about weapons.ini