Author Topic: KZ_Grassyclimb - Public release.  (Read 4840 times)

Offline Untitled

• Major(1)
KZ_Grassyclimb - Public release.
« on: June 24, 2006, 07:34:38 am »
This map is a few months old, but I figured I would post it here for a more public release.

KZ_Grassyclimb

'Grassyclimb' is, believe it or not, a climb map. It should be played in the 'Team Match' mode - this is so you can take advantage of the checkpoint system (Alpha -> Bravo -> Charlie -> Delta). This map took a month or so to make (on and off) so as you can imagine, it is pretty god damn huge.

Here's an interesting fact; if you know who ramirez and/or Bablo are, and you know how awesome they are at climb maps you should be suprised to hear that it took them 5-6 hours to complete this map.

:D!

Screenshots:

General Overview:

Alpha checkpoint (start of the map):

Just past the Bravo checkpoint:

Charlie checkpoint (to the near left):

Delta checkpoint and a section of the aggravating climb required to reach it (8D):

Download:

http://www.avalanchestudios.net/untitled/Maps/Soldat/Climbmaps/grassyclimb.zip

(NOTE: I added 'blank.bmp' because I wasn't sure if it is a default scenery, put it in 'Soldat/Scenery-gfx' and put 'grassyclimb.PMS' in the 'Soldat/Maps' folder)

If you encounter any missing scenery or texture bugs, please post what you are missing and I will add it to the zip.

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
Re: KZ_Grassyclimb - Public release.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 08:13:24 am »
Thats a nice climbing map.Yea you can tell it took you a month or so.Nice work.
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 08:35:35 am »
I don't think these "checkpoints" are good ideas.  It's usually played on CTF, so only Alpha and Bravo is availible for pick, plus, people will go on Bravo just to easily get past the first part

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Untitled

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 08:42:33 am »
I don't think these "checkpoints" are good ideas.  It's usually played on CTF, so only Alpha and Bravo is availible for pick, plus, people will go on Bravo just to easily get past the first part

I do agree with you, and it annoys me when people do that. However this map is long and if a player dies near the end and has to start again from the start, the player will get irritated and will most probably quit playing the map. The reason I made this climb for TM is solely down to the fact that it is so long for CTF (without checkpoints).

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 08:44:34 am »
I disagree EA. Often times, if someone join a different team than alpha, they get kicked for being cheap. An example: On avarax's kz_tower, Not one person cheated, out of eight.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Aoba

• Major(1)
  • Rei Ban Bombay
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 09:03:48 am »
I actually played through red and blue's part as red but got killed in the beginning of yellow and got little frustrated even after switching to yellow so I stopped. I'll complete it tomorrow (if I can :P)

I must say, extremely nice map so far, even red's part can be very hard! But you must have put lots of effort on this one. The difficulty beats Vigland easily. Gameplaywise I enjoyed, didn't find any bigger bugs which would cause frusration.
Oh la la.

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 09:29:48 am »
1. It did not take him a month, he says it took 5-6 hours which is no time.
2. I liek the colors
3. I dont like checkpoints either
4. EnEsCe, add this, since there are no new maps in ur srvr
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline Untitled

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 09:33:38 am »
Thanks a lot guys for the feedback, much appreciated!

And just to clear things up...

1. It did not take him a month, he says it took 5-6 hours which is no time.

It did take me around a month to make, if you read closely I said that it took rami and Bablo 5-6 hours to complete :P.

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 09:48:24 am »
Dude, if that took u a month, u worked on it 10 minutes a day. There is absoulutly NO reason that it shouv taken u that long unless ur paralized or have hemeroides. [thats sooo sad]
I decided to remove my signature, since jrgp was picking on me by sending me annoying PM's. - Chrono, Wednesday July 27, 2007

Offline Untitled

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 11:03:42 am »
Dude, if that took u a month, u worked on it 10 minutes a day. There is absoulutly NO reason that it shouv taken u that long unless ur paralized or have hemeroides. [thats sooo sad]

Sigh... Again, read the topic:

This map took a month or so to make (on and off)[/u] so as you can imagine, it is pretty god damn huge.

Offline chrono

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 02:36:50 am »
dont let the topic get locked.... Lets end it at this... I READ that, although still is impossible to take 1 month. Now lets continue talking about the map..... Beautiful colors.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 02:39:45 am »
It can take a month to make a map. Inf_Fettered took me a month, I have other maps, in the works that I've spent nearly a month on. Some more, but on and off.

Anyway, This map is crazy huge, and I like the colors.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 04:49:49 am »
checkpoints are leet :)

this is the kind of climb maps that i like, no jets, fast running trough and non-eye hurting looks. there might be to many deadly spots though, which annoys people way too much. but the checkpoints should fix that. u could have used more scenery. i definitly support the idea of enesce uploading it.
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host