Soldat Maps & Mapmaking > DM/HTF/Other maps

KZ_Grassyclimb - Public release.

(1/3) > >>

Untitled:
This map is a few months old, but I figured I would post it here for a more public release.

KZ_Grassyclimb

'Grassyclimb' is, believe it or not, a climb map. It should be played in the 'Team Match' mode - this is so you can take advantage of the checkpoint system (Alpha -> Bravo -> Charlie -> Delta). This map took a month or so to make (on and off) so as you can imagine, it is pretty god damn huge.

Here's an interesting fact; if you know who ramirez and/or Bablo are, and you know how awesome they are at climb maps you should be suprised to hear that it took them 5-6 hours to complete this map.

:D!

Screenshots:

General Overview:

Alpha checkpoint (start of the map):

Just past the Bravo checkpoint:

Charlie checkpoint (to the near left):

Delta checkpoint and a section of the aggravating climb required to reach it (8D):

Download:

http://www.avalanchestudios.net/untitled/Maps/Soldat/Climbmaps/grassyclimb.zip

(NOTE: I added 'blank.bmp' because I wasn't sure if it is a default scenery, put it in 'Soldat/Scenery-gfx' and put 'grassyclimb.PMS' in the 'Soldat/Maps' folder)

If you encounter any missing scenery or texture bugs, please post what you are missing and I will add it to the zip.

ds dude:
Thats a nice climbing map.Yea you can tell it took you a month or so.Nice work.

Eagles_Arrows:
I don't think these "checkpoints" are good ideas.  It's usually played on CTF, so only Alpha and Bravo is availible for pick, plus, people will go on Bravo just to easily get past the first part

Untitled:

--- Quote from: Eagles_Arrows on June 24, 2006, 08:35:35 am ---I don't think these "checkpoints" are good ideas.  It's usually played on CTF, so only Alpha and Bravo is availible for pick, plus, people will go on Bravo just to easily get past the first part

--- End quote ---

I do agree with you, and it annoys me when people do that. However this map is long and if a player dies near the end and has to start again from the start, the player will get irritated and will most probably quit playing the map. The reason I made this climb for TM is solely down to the fact that it is so long for CTF (without checkpoints).

Mistercharles:
I disagree EA. Often times, if someone join a different team than alpha, they get kicked for being cheap. An example: On avarax's kz_tower, Not one person cheated, out of eight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version