Author Topic: "/survival 0" Command Bug  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Stiller

• Major(1)
"/survival 0" Command Bug
« on: February 03, 2007, 08:33:49 am »
This got my attention when playing over LAN with two computers.
I started a deathmatch with REALISTIC mode ON and several bots on Flashback. After a couple of rounds we went bored and therefore decided to switch it OFF. I entered "/realistic 0" into the console and the round restarted without falling-damage but the weapons' power still was massive. The other player complained about spawning with less health than usual and  we tried out how much damage the weapons did. I died of 3 AK-shots into the torso an so did my friend. We stopped playing and switched realistic mode off manually. the next round was normal again.

BTW Hi Community. I started playing again a week ago and must say Soldat still rocks. -_- Must keep my LOL Mod up to date - my last name was Inquisitor - And I'm still from Germany so be patient with a non native speaker. thanks

EDIT: description error fxd.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 03:50:00 am by Stiller »
Playing Soldat since 0.94b

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
Re: "/survival 0" Command Bug
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 10:56:58 am »
sup, me speaks german too  ;)

I must say I've never encountered that bug - mainly because I never run a server myself and always play online.  If the glitch is true then it must certainly be taken care of.

btw, I used to watch that show a lot (Alfred Jodokus Kwak) hehe
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 10:42:54 am by zyxstand »
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Serial K!ller

• Camper
    • Soldat Mods Archive
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 12:45:20 pm »
welcome back Inquisitor.

"/survival 1" is that you will stay dead until one player/team is left and a new round starts.
"/realistic 1" does the fall damage, recoil, more damage and line of sight (can't see players behind polygons)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 08:46:52 pm »
welcome back Inquisitor.

"/survival 1" is that you will stay dead until one player/team is left and a new round starts.
"/realistic 1" does the fall damage, recoil, more damage and line of sight (can't see players behind polygons)

oh lol - i didn't realize that he was talking about the wrong thing to begin with hehe.  Yeah, survival makes you stay dead - realistic makes you get hurt from falling and increases damage and you can't see enemies that aren't in your line of sight.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 10:42:38 am by zyxstand »
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Stiller

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 03:47:23 am »
of course i meant REALISTIC... err that was because of me and my brother playing a round of survival after encountering that nasty bug. will modify the above post.
Playing Soldat since 0.94b

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 10:31:24 am »
I see you have forgot to change the tropic of the top post too..
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.