Author Topic: new version alert  (Read 3494 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
new version alert
« on: February 04, 2007, 01:27:56 pm »
This really isn't necessary but it could surely save everyone a lot of time:

I rarely go to the www.soldat.pl website - instead I go straight to forums.soldat.pl where all the action is (in fact, I have that site hot-keyed in windows).  Anyways, I have recently begun to go to www.soldat.pl more frequently because of the highly anticipated new version.

I would suggest that there be some PM system where all members get a Private Message (PM) to be alerted about a new version.  This could also go a step further as to getting alerted about any new "news" that you find about twice a month on the www.soldat.pl website.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
Re: new version alert
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 01:48:17 pm »
I'm all for the global PM idea, though I think you will find out about it pretty quickly if you know how to use the active topic page and/or check out the Download the Latest Version of Soldat text in the main forum page thingy.

I'd say replace the current Monsoonix banner when you start Soldat up with some kind of notice while you're at it.

Offline CarlHamilton

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 02:00:43 pm »
I really like to use the newsfeed from http://enesce.com/newsfeed.php to quickly and easily check out if there is any news.
Still I guess that's a pretty good idea too and I would support an option to use it, even though I'd probably not use it myself.

Toumaz does have a point, use the nag screen to point out to people that a new version has been released for a few days after the release.
On the other hand I think you'd notice if servers and players suddenly start disappearing ;)

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 02:13:56 pm »
Uhh, you usally find out on IRC or MSN, i don't think anything like this is needed.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 02:42:52 pm »
Uhh, you usally find out on IRC or MSN, i don't think anything like this is needed.
Too bad there is alot of people who do not even use these forums, do not have Soldat releated peple in MSN nor do not use IRC. Best for them would be to not to show any 1.3.1 servers and tell them that 1.3.2 is out. :p
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline colby

• Major(1)
  • party time!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 05:03:36 pm »
well i think that it would be useful if he intergrated new updates when you run soldat, i think thats what the cheat blocker or what ever will do.
favorite weapons: Styer, and Ruger

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2007, 05:06:33 pm »
well i think that it would be useful if he intergrated new updates when you run soldat, i think thats what the cheat blocker or what ever will do.
It will update the definions for hacks, so the anti-hack software will be able to detect even the newest hacks out there. :P

I would not mind implementing this kind of addonto Soldat. (Automatically download new files if there are newer ones available, and install them.)
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 05:40:33 pm »
I really like to use the newsfeed from http://enesce.com/newsfeed.php to quickly and easily check out if there is any news.
Still I guess that's a pretty good idea too and I would support an option to use it, even though I'd probably not use it myself.

Toumaz does have a point, use the nag screen to point out to people that a new version has been released for a few days after the release.
On the other hand I think you'd notice if servers and players suddenly start disappearing ;)

If people want to be notified of news, they should use this feed.  When the new version is released, I will send out an e-mail to all forum members using some of the administration tools on here.

Anything beyond that is unnecessary.  If people want information/notice of new news, they can opt-in to something like EnEsCe's feed or check the website.

I will send out an e-mail to all forum members when the new version is out since I do know that a lot of people can go days or weeks without realizing that it is out.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 08:26:03 pm »
... I will send out an e-mail to all forum members when the new version is out since I do know that a lot of people can go days or weeks without realizing that it is out.
Awesome, thanks :)

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 09:16:46 pm »
http://enesce.com/newsfeed.php

"Latest soldat news direct from the Official Home Page"

Offline Noldi

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2007, 10:00:54 pm »
I'm all for the global PM idea, though I think you will find out about it pretty quickly if you know how to use the active topic page and/or check out the Download the Latest Version of Soldat text in the main forum page thingy.
I'd say replace the current Monsoonix banner when you start Soldat up with some kind of notice while you're at it.
What about the registered players?

Offline Jæson

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 08:55:21 pm »
I live under a rock, so I'm pretty much all for this PM idea.
Miss your shots, miss your chance.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 01:24:13 am »
Yeah, I'm up for the PM idea.

Offline Sasuke

• Major(1)
  • Fractured Soldat Anime Freak!
    • Fractured Soldat Index
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 03:08:16 am »

If u register soldat it won't come up with the banner

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 06:33:56 am »

If u register soldat it won't come up with the banner

What about the registered players?

Point taken. It was just the first thing that came into my mind, so I didn't really think it over that good. Probably because I haven't gotten round to registering myself... :\

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 02:12:31 pm »
I just got a comic idea in my head all the sudden...  :D

*blink-blink-blink*

*WUUEEEEEEOOOOOH!!! WUUEEEEEEOOOOOH!!! WUUEEEEEEOOOOOH!!!*

ATTENTION PLAYERS!!! the new Version of soldat has been released!!

Crikey, i better write this down..  [retard]

Offline JohnCena

• Soldier
  • Down since day one!
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 02:46:40 pm »
Hehe very good idea i to dont go on soldat.pl alot of times so it really would be a good idea to pm all registerd on forums for any big news like new version etc
You want some come get some!

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 03:56:59 pm »
Talk about reviving an old topic.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 05:27:56 pm »
If he would have made a new one you would have told him to search for the old one.

Offline Kavukamari

• Camper
  • 3.14159265358979, mmm... pi
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 06:15:30 pm »
liiiive LIIIIIVE, wait, is it already alive? when did it spawn? OH CRAP!!! IT HAS THE RAMBO BOW! AAAAHHHHHH! *runs away and hides like the camper/sniper he is*
"Be mindful of fame, show a mighty courage, watch against foes. Nor shalt thou lack what thou desirest, if with thy life thou hast comest out from that heroic task."