Author Topic: Odd FPS Problem...  (Read 983 times)

Offline Goomba

• Major(1)
Odd FPS Problem...
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:10:19 pm »
Okay, this isn't an average FPS problem. Soldat was working flawlessly until somehow everytime I play now, every 5 seconds I get like 8 fps. I turned off smooth polygons, but that still didn't make a difference. It's not my drivers cuzz it's been working fine before. Any suggestions?

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: Odd FPS Problem...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 09:48:22 pm »
Try turning antialiasing off.  Try windowed mode (it increases FPS by a long shot most of the time).  Play around with different settings.  If all else fails, uninstall, delete entire game folder, empty recycle bin, freshly install Soldat.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Cube

• Camper
  • Go Cube go!
    • Cube's Portal
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 09:02:39 am »
and redownload it. might be a virus (although unrealistic)
Hmm, any idea what to write here?

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 09:04:54 am »
And turn off MSN, SKYPE, mIRC or whatever bandwith consuming piece of crap you have running meanwhile.. works for me.
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline truup

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 10:22:38 am »
Im having the same problem too (though not anymore ;o), it helped when I turned Avast!(antivirus) program off. So yeah, try to turn un-necessary programs off.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 12:33:39 pm »
Hmm.. There might be many causes to that one. I do not think that the problem is in Soldat, so messing with the settings won't help much.

Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to get into taskmanager, now swicth to "performance"(or something like that)-tab, and see the processors usage, if there is some big peaks every now and then (like for every 5s as yoy stated), then switch back to "Processes"-tab. Then sort the list by CPU and try to figure out which process does the peak to the CPU usage, after you find it, terminate it. Now go to play Soldat. :P

Would be nice to know what kind of hardware you have in your computer.

E: Oh, where did I get that 6-8s from? :D
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 07:31:11 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 07:28:24 pm »
Damnit! You posted before me Clawbug. Had the same tip as you. And you can tweak the computor whit tweaker programs. But i dont have any links.
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2007, 01:48:53 pm »
Quick tidbit before you go willy-nilly disabling system resources, 'System Idle Process', which often takes up 70-80 percent of your CPU time, is not to be shut down. Y'got it ?

Another thing that has always got me with the framerates : for some odd reason or another, Soldat likes to render a bunch of 'somethings' that take up enormous amounts of CPU power. Now I have no idea what these 'somethings' are, but I'm willing to bet that your processor speed is to blame and not your video card. Could you post your sys specs ?

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 05:46:18 am »
Quick tidbit before you go willy-nilly disabling system resources, 'System Idle Process', which often takes up 70-80 percent of your CPU time, is not to be shut down. Y'got it ?
I'd like to see above statement in more clear format, any chance of it?

Rather than close some random processes, close those which actually take the CPU recourses during the lag "spike" (every 5 seconds).
Fight! Win! Prevail!