Author Topic: Some things I hate  (Read 4617 times)

Offline Horang

• Major(1)
Re: Some things I hate
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 04:35:12 pm »
and are not guarding the f'n flag

Your main point. Why exactly should they do this? If you want people to play how you want them to, there isn't much you can do about it.

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 06:48:35 pm »
In smaller games like 2v2, 3v3 defense works well, but in larger games I see it more of a "borrowing money from Bill to pay back Bob" situation. By staying on defense you now have less attackers. Lesser chances of your teammates getting the enemy flag successfully. You want as many players up front as possible, this way the enemy has more targets to choose from. Sure the enemy might get your flag in the process, but at least you have theirs. You can't cap without their flag, that is the first thing you need. Plus, in larger games, people rush your base pretty often, and if you are the only one who stays back you will be outnumbered most of the time. So unless you can take on 3-4 people by yourself, you won't make much of a difference, you will only cripple your team by removing yourself from the action.

You are better off rushing the enemy and killing enemies on the way, this way, if you get killed, you will spawn in time before the enemy gets to your flag, and you will know where they will be coming from. But if you were on defense at your base and got killed, you wouldn't have had enough time to re-spawn. So again by rushing you put yourself in action more, giving you more chances of killing the enemy, but of course you will also pick up more deaths.

In large games, a new wave of players spawns every few seconds, that makes a pretty good defense on its own. When it's 5v5 6v6 how often do you run into a completely empty enemy base, get the flag and leave their base before anyone spawns? Rarely. Most of the time a fresh wave spawns and you don't get very far on your own.

Just overall I think only pros should stay on defense. If you have a bunch of noobs on defense, they won't do much. Much more effective to have them up front, to give the enemy more targets.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 06:50:10 pm by zase8 »

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 07:55:17 pm »
I'm pretty good at both, I usually do what my team isn't doing. Although most of the time I'll turn around from my warpath if someone gets past me, as it seems like EVERY time I let it slide I get a '<insert your color here> Flag Captured' message...
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline ^_^

• Soldier
  • AKA Charlotte :-D
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 08:03:35 pm »
I hate, when in INF, blue team doesn't protect THE DAMNED FLAG. Most of the time they end up a bunch of idiots who go running towards red base in an attempt to spawn kill, and blue always ends up losing. Grr. >:(
In-Game names: Charlotte, Gin Fox, Agent Sonnata.
Current Mod Project: The Dark Lament.

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 09:40:04 pm »
i dont play pub ctf..... i wonder why...
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 03:38:34 am »
I like to do what zase said. Whenever I used to let leaks past it'd end up being a cap for the other team. So lately I've been trying to kill all the enemys in my path and if they get past i'll sprint after them and get them just to make sure. But if it's on a map like ctf_run where mid and top kind of mend together and I know they'res a guy mid (or top) i'll just call the enemy and then everyones happy.

I try not to leak, I uh... guess would be the main point of this post.

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 04:20:20 am »
In 3v3 wars, I usually just kill one of the enemies, and injure the other, so my support gunman can take care of him :).
But I'm usually low so I don't care about all that.

Offline ThunderPantz

• Camper
  • My avatar rules you.
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 02:40:37 am »
I dislike (Because "Hate" is such a strong word) sometimes in all knife servers or elite slicers, when the opposite team uses all knives, and one guy from there chases after you, and misses you with the knife, then the whole team comes and barrages you with knives.

I really think its more funny than annoying.

LET THE BASH PIT LIVE ON.
Smoking doesn't kill people, cancer and tobacco does.

Offline decoy.

• Soldier
  • All in the mind.
    • Paradigis
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2007, 06:16:13 am »
I dislike that so much that it's ridiculous to be bewildered at the spectacle of it. All of them rush after the flag to see that no one is guarding the base. What tends to make it worse is that when I chose to retreat back to my base, what tends to be the case is where you find that none of them were successful because of the route that the enemy's backup guarded.

A funny thing about that is that I'll use an m79 to get rid of them all if I have the flag plus nades if needed. I do not mean in the sense of killing them but more so the sense of knocking them elsewhere so that the two with the barrets will have their chances to hit me from a distance stolen by the shifting of their position from the shock of an explosion I caused. XD

Plus the m79's load faster. Being that the case, I use the m79 more so to make escape routs and shots missed more so than to kill. It just happens to be the case where I'll get those no look kills where I predict where one will land. That's how I get rid of a group following me. If that fails then my trusty ussocom will provide some leeway for my escape since I can seem to adjust my aim better with that.

It's kind of sad to see myself being trailed by 3-4 people while already having the intention of dying survive...
[FF|LL|HE[Cide/Decoy/Not Batman!:
[[ 300.91m | sniping distance
[[ 85:0 | kill:death ratio
[[ us.socom | favorite weapon

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • &quot;forum's-rebellious-cool-guy&quot;
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2007, 09:42:54 am »
i hate it when in inf_warehouse some shithead will hide in the crates with an m79

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2007, 07:16:59 pm »
join a clan! they will guard the flag, or get kicked out of the clan
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Lobasuu

• Major
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2007, 04:23:58 am »
I hate it that, for example, Major(1) is trying to kick Major(2), and immediately after both of them vote, Major(1) says "F12!!!" and Major(2) says "F11!!!". I mean, isn't it rather obvious that the kicker would vote "yes" and the victim would vote "no"?

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2007, 06:20:08 am »
I hate when people even think that public CTF matches can be fun. ;_; 10vs10 in CTF map where 5v5 is too much in clanwar, can not be so cool. :P Organized games FTW!
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Blood bane

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2007, 09:57:15 pm »
the best strategy is to first rush and then fight the enemy on your way back, that way they won't respawn and fight you again (because they won't catch up)

So, incase your teammates can't handle the situation, you'll be facing 2 enemies on the way back, and chances are you'll be injured. Or in another case, a stalemate could occour, as the enemy flagger escapes on another route. Chuck Norris would not approve.
who is chuck norris?

Offline ..::HHH::..

• Soldier
  • Dream Theater.. is the F**king best!
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2007, 10:39:13 pm »
eh.. who is chuck norris?

either you have no tv, or your just trying to be funny:p

the best strategi is to hide until the enemys are after YOUR flag, and get airbourne on the way back..
it worked for me once:P

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2007, 10:40:43 pm »
Chuck Norris is a second-rate actor and television-infomercial star.

Offline Jæson

• Soldier
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2007, 11:32:22 pm »
You know what I hate? Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris as a human being and Chuck Norris as a lame internet phenomenon.
Miss your shots, miss your chance.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2007, 02:45:32 am »
the best strategi is to hide until the enemys are after YOUR flag, and get airbourne on the way back..
it worked for me once:P

Yeah, also 'cause when people get the flag they go about their business alot more carelessly, I've noticed. It's like, "Mission accomplished", and suddently they don't need to focus so much.

INF is definitely the best gamemode, but only if you have a cool team. They have, as said above, to stay behind and defend the flag(if they're bravo), and not go for the spawnkill. Otherwise I think TDM is pretty rocking too..
I fucking miss all you cunts!