Author Topic: Mods: Graphic size detection  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Mods: Graphic size detection
« on: February 04, 2007, 11:06:07 pm »
If you change your gostek and you're playing locally or on your own server, I think Soldat should also see the new gostek's size changes and adjust the collision areas accordingly. Same with the Combat Knife graphic, projectiles, etc. Right now all Soldat does is show the modded graphics and still use the default graphics' collision area in actually calculating hits.

[size=0](Thanks to Red Neck for the idea)[/size]

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
Re: Mods: Graphic size detection
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 09:38:46 am »
NO/ then somone would make a hack so that it would work online and he would make a huge knife and kill everyone
Holy Poop!

Offline wolfbr

• Camper
  • HurBaN NinJa(Ninja hurbano), the power of Thunders
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 09:53:41 am »
good ideia, but would not only function in games “on line”. he would only make effect if the server was twirling using some “mod”.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 03:26:47 pm »
LeetFidle, that would only work if he was hosting his own server, which would be tagged with "{WM}" anyways

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 01:36:03 am »
Hmm, I discovered this recently when I tested if I could make a massive chainsaw. I'm not sure if I would want it to always affect though. Maybe if it was an option to use new collision areas or somthing. Personally, I only mod the graphics and not the stats so I wouldn't use it but I think its good if its optional. Some mods would need this because having a huge bullet and a small hit area would look stupid.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 03:28:59 pm »
Ah, I see. Then, perhaps a line in weapons.ini to use the new shape of the graphic, or the original instead would suffice.

Offline Hiro

• Flagrunner
  • Ph34r my reality
    • The Rat Hole
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 06:40:49 pm »
Sure. It would be useful for certain mods. Imagin a Zombie match where the chainsaw is double the size, now that is hard.
I am but a figment of your imagination. You are creating me to see what perfection is.