Author Topic: old hexer script thread. lock plz  (Read 26129 times)

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
Re: Would you implement an RPG script on your server?
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 01:10:42 am »
well, you dont have to stop for that, just taunt the spells and you're happy :P
the rest is still all soldatish. and taking that quote for your argumentation is quite conservative and single-tracked.
In a way, even CS has a kind of evolution in it with the money system.
but hey, i mean who cares, almost everyone else seems to like the idea ;P
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Rook_PL

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 10:47:12 am »
10. Could you make a mod with fantasy elements (like mages, potions and magic)?

What the hell are you?

I love this idea, try to contact MM in order to (when this idea will be as good as we hope) add some sever searching filter for it.

Don't you think, that someone could make something similar to cheat on his own server?

Offline Requiem-

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 11:53:37 am »
Oh yes!! This is such a nice idea Ava.. *applaud*
Shouldn't be implemented on every server tho, as not everybody will like it.
Btw, is there some kind of XP reset, like after every map?

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 12:11:04 pm »
- Give the player an amount of experience point with each kill
- If a certain experience threshold is reached, the player attaines the next character  level
- Experience and levels are restarted with every map

I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2007, 12:48:22 pm »
Quote from: [url=http://wikipedia.org
Wikipedia[/url]]
Soldat ... is a side-scroller inspired by Liero and Worms, combined with elements from Counter-Strike and Quake.

I'd like to present that as my reason why Soldat shouldn't be an RPG. I mean, come on people : who's going to stop mid-way through fighting "Hey don't shoot me d00ds. I'm conjuring up some ammo to kick your butts.".

Yeah. I don't think so ;).

On a related note, how do you link a quote to an external page ?

He isn't planning on doing this to Soldat as a whole, he just wants to test it out on a server or two.  If it isn't fun, people won't play it...if it is, then we've got ourselves an interesting new way to play the game.

Also, the links in quotes are done just like any other link.  Quote this to see how I did it.

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2007, 01:38:06 pm »
I think it'd be overly complicated. I'd much rather play freeze tag, prison break or protect the vip - I mean, if something like this would be possible with scripts, these three I mentioned would be a piece of cake, no?

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2007, 02:59:45 pm »
Proof has shown you don't know shit until you try it, you little stick-in-the-mud dutch smoking brownie eating skinny barsteward.

I'm all up for giving it a spin...sounds 'neat'.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2007, 03:02:08 pm »
I wouldn't play it.

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2007, 10:28:36 pm »
Proof has shown you don't know **** until you try it, you little stick-in-the-mud dutch smoking brownie eating skinny barsteward.

I'm all up for giving it a spin...sounds 'neat'.

Where did that come from ? Jeeze, if that was directed towards me I'm sorry for anything I did in the past to set you off :).

What I'm trying to say is that this is the closest anyone's ever been to making a Total Modification (soccer for UT, Halo for Morrowind, etc.). At this point it should stop being labled a mod and more of a new branch of the game. With a leveling system Soldat would take a turn, not bad or good, but a turn away from it's historical route : from fast paced, who-cares-if-you-came-in ten minutes into a game mind set to an every-kill-counts-(don't die) system. So I'm not downing this amazing mod, I'm just saying that it's different. It both 'frightens and confuses' me ;).

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline A

• Soldier
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2007, 01:01:21 am »
I would absolutely love to see this. You should definitely set up some test servers so people can give it a go. Awesome idea, and good luck coding.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2007, 07:23:51 am »
you guys don't get it.

This is SOLDAT.

it's no conversion at all
the whole gameplay will still be usual CTF. Usual weapons, usual maps, usual physics. all this script does, is to improve your soldier a bit with time. the spells wont affect the gameplay as whole, only direct combat as you have more abilities. it's nothing about RPG, like making quests etc... just the expirience stuff
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2007, 02:17:13 pm »
Alright, you don't get what I'm trying to say : Soldat, despite what people would like you to think, is a 'casual' game. One that people can pick up, kick butt for ten minutes, then get back to life. A system like this would make people want to stay on for longer, "Just the next spell", "Just to the next level", etc. It rewards people for staying on for longer which is terrible for the majority of gamers who play on pubs. The level of player-skill on a pub varies wildly every ten or fifteen minutes, so staying on just to get 'to the next level' would just end up making people enjoy the game less.

I can see this as a clanwar thing ;)

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline TDL

• Soldier
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2007, 04:28:17 pm »
I'd like to see this idea lift off, even for a while. Good luck.

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2007, 01:56:57 pm »
you guys don't get it.

This is SOLDAT.

it's no conversion at all
the whole gameplay will still be usual CTF. Usual weapons, usual maps, usual physics. all this script does, is to improve your soldier a bit with time. the spells wont affect the gameplay as whole, only direct combat as you have more abilities. it's nothing about RPG, like making quests etc... just the expirience stuff
But Avarax why don't let em change it into some thing ells than soldat it be pretty fun. Don't be so cold minded by holding on to the same concept. (<-- my opinion)
I prolly gonna get **** for this one.
I dont support the stupid idea of quests though
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 01:59:07 pm by M.rSnow »
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Scorpian

• Camper
  • Republican
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2007, 02:00:56 pm »
Hmmm, this sounds like a fun idea. It would be very fun to play and maybe just as fun to implement. Good luck Avarax.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2007, 02:07:01 pm »
if they have teh scripting knowledge and the time to get into my script, the may of course modify and customize it, but it will be quite time-taking, i tell you ;P

@Raitah:
I just don't think that people will stay for the next level because a) the levels or EPs are not saved if you leave the game and b) the levels are reached quite fast.
Two at the very most
Four I'm under the host

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2007, 06:05:18 pm »
Odd some one haven't mentioned it:
How mush EP do you get for a kill/point (whatever that counts)?
I can see this as a clanwar thing ;)
Well that, is one kick ass idea. :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 06:09:29 pm by M.rSnow »
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline InfS

• Major
    • On Myspace
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2007, 08:13:15 pm »
@M.rSnow
He posted his formula for experience points on the previous page ...

I think this idea is really cool. Some people will really enjoy it, but there will always be people who won't like it. But its not like anyone is forcing them to play it, all they need to do is not join an 'RPG' type server. Good luck with the coding, I'm sure it will take a lot of effort to get everything working properly, and fine tuning the system.

Power to the modder!  [fist]
A lot of cheap tricks, but no real skill.

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 09:27:35 am »
Ha ha! acctaully it would be pretty cool to implent this. as long as it is only in 1 or maybe 2 servers. I would get really pissed if this got implented in all servers (as your cs maps). anyway good luck! and when you are done with this you can start with some naruto scripts ;).

oh oh! got an idea of one more class!!
Assassination: with skills like, predator mode, 1 hit kill (might suck with barret or M79 ruger and deagles.), and teleport. :D

for the first time I support avarax...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 09:33:14 am by sakae »

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2007, 08:49:38 pm »
This seems pretty interesting. I have the dedicated server software on my computer which I sometimes use for zombie matches, and the killing spree script I have on there suits it perfectly. I think this may go very well with my server, especially if you can manually set the level of a certain player. I'm curious to see how (or if) your ideas will work, specifically the summoning (how are you sure they won't attack the caster?), but then again I haven't looked at what will be allowed with the 2.6.0 server.
So, the answer to the thread title is "maybe".
<3*xwd
love conquers all