Author Topic: flag respawm delay  (Read 2236 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
flag respawm delay
« on: February 17, 2007, 09:48:17 am »
a littl eproblem occurs sometimes to me when playing soldat:  when capping the flag the enemy team is usually still in minor chaos (cuz they usually all try to get their efc).  And sometimes there's still a guy waiting for the flag to respawn so he can cap too.  This often occurs and creates an easy double cap for a team.
The idea is simple:  after capping let there be a few seconds (maybe 5-10?) before the flag is back in its base.  This is also useful for when (ie) red team has less ppl than blue team and blue team gets very easy caps before the teams are balanced again.
eh?  EH? EEEHHH? ? ? ?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 11:24:54 pm by zyxstand »
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Blazing Tiger

• Major(1)
  • lolwut
Re: flag respawm delay
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 12:13:02 pm »
It's a good idea, it would give the other team time to get their bearings straight after capping...
IGN: Anal Glaucoma

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 12:32:56 pm »
Yeah, as a server-side feature I think this would be great, with perhaps 2 or 3 seconds for official wait-time

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 10:49:05 pm »
yeah, I support this.

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 10:50:08 pm »
Mass no. If the other team manages to hold their position in YOUR base, they deserve the flag.

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 10:52:31 pm »
No they dont. He gave a great example with this thing that One team has more players than the other, then a CTF game is screwed.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 08:33:52 am »
I like this idea... If there is more support in the next few days I might add it.

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 08:36:26 am »
Server-side, optional feature - all for it.

Offline Sotija

• Veteran
  • Sotija
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 09:21:42 am »
I support this good idea

Offline y0da

• Soldier
  • :: Chaos Hunters ::
    • [cH] Soldat Clan
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 12:49:41 pm »
let's stay with the ctf traditions, as it was in the UT or older games.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 03:30:57 pm »
I do not support this.

When in clangames, let ssay you play alt route. Then your team is killed, EFC goes main route. Do you start pursuiting the EFC on main route, or do you give up and make sure no one will come from alt route, to make a double-cap?

Decisions needed to make in the thirll of the battle... They seperate good and bad pleyers from eachother.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline ElGato

• Camper
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 04:43:40 pm »
I do not support this.

When in clangames, let ssay you play alt route. Then your team is killed, EFC goes main route. Do you start pursuiting the EFC on main route, or do you give up and make sure no one will come from alt route, to make a double-cap?

Decisions needed to make in the thirll of the battle... They seperate good and bad pleyers from eachother.

True dat, this would suck for scims.
[fist] Black Powa

Offline {depth}shaman

• Soldier
  • I'm Warning lvl 1! So i suggest you lay low
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 07:11:01 pm »
it would be bad for clan scrimages, and matches between really good players, but for casual play, i think it would rock. Solution: make it optional. It's a great idea. Go for it EnEsCe!
Life's like a shit sandwich. The more bread you have, the less shit goes down with each bite.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 09:23:24 pm »
I do not support this.

while i understand what you're saying, i think that the enemy team has enough of an advantage already (by having the flag) - so to worry about a double-cap shouldn't even come into question.

Offline KingOfPing

• Major
  • You have huge mental retardation!
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 09:32:21 pm »
Not a bad idea. The hell with it, I support this.
I AM cool stop making fun of me!!

Offline Ouchek

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 04:33:37 am »
I do not support this.

while i understand what you're saying, i think that the enemy team has enough of an advantage already (by having the flag) - so to worry about a double-cap shouldn't even come into question.
And well you don't seem to know what you're talking about :X That's the first thing you should think of especially if you're leading.

Besides this is really stupid, if you the game to be even slower and people to respawnkill you for 10 seconds or more, then yea add it.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 07:40:19 am »
Good idea. I support it. :)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2007, 08:58:32 am »
I do not support this.

And well you don't seem to know what you're talking about :X That's the first thing you should think of especially if you're leading.

Besides this is really stupid, if you the game to be even slower and people to respawnkill you for 10 seconds or more, then yea add it.

oh yeah thnx btw,
(another point i'm making):  sometimes what happens is that team B gets team A's flag and spawnkills them also.  A cap takes about 7-10 seconds to cap on average.  That means that team B has to spawnkill about one or two waves of team A.  I dunno about you, but that seems pretty lame to me and should be something to be corrected...

Offline Ziem

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2007, 01:55:49 pm »
I do not support this.

Yeah, I agree but it will be server option ... good for pub's imho.