Author Topic: tremulous  (Read 1355 times)

Offline mortal_soldier

• Major
tremulous
« on: February 07, 2007, 07:37:05 am »
I have been playing this sci-fi FPS game for a while now (its free so wanted to share it with you guys). The game is called "tremulous" and its a quake 3 engine based online action game. The game is about battle between humans and aliens. In the start both teams get to build their bases and then try and take down the enemys base. More kills the humans get the more money they receive, and money means better weapons and battle gear. Aliens gain xp points that allow them to mutate into more powerfull and bigger forms. The game is semi-popular, there is usually two or three servers with alot of players, the game does need more support so check it out.

official site: http://tremulous.net/

screens by me (more at the official site):
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 07:39:08 am by mortal_soldier »
the day microsoft makes something that doesn´t suck, is the day the make a vacuum cleaner.

Offline Nems

• Major(1)
  • The anti-myth rhythm rock shocker.
Re: tremulous
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 09:12:14 am »
It sucks. Cheap weapon balance.
poop

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 10:19:13 am »
and its hard to kill those friggin spiders

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 10:27:59 am »
I've heard of this somewhere before...

Looks kinda cool...  Is it a TC for another game?  Is it standalone?
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline mortal_soldier

• Major
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 10:39:29 am »
I've heard of this somewhere before...

Looks kinda cool...  Is it a TC for another game?  Is it standalone?

yes, it is a standalone. And runs well even on slow computers.
the day microsoft makes something that doesn´t suck, is the day the make a vacuum cleaner.

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 10:52:48 am »
ye thats the good thing (that it can run on slow computers) but they should have just made it humans vs humans because it sucks like it is now

Offline mortal_soldier

• Major
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 11:07:21 am »
ye thats the good thing (that it can run on slow computers) but they should have just made it humans vs humans because it sucks like it is now

It depends. Its much more exiting when there is small bugs running around the walls and ceilings, and they are all human players...+ you need to work in teams if you wish to survive, since going outside the defensive line alone means death...fast. Same with the bugs, a single small spider cant do much damage (since they only have 25 health) but nice 5 of em can be pretty devastating force. Its also mighty fun to run around the walls as an alien  :D

about the weapon balance:
I am no expert, but in my opinion the weapon balance is pretty basic. The first gun you get is weak, but fires, reloads fast and its fairly accurate, just what you need when you face the small spiders at the beginning. The bigger guns cause alot more damage, but usually are really inaccurate without the battle suit and reload/fire too slow to be effective against the smaller bugs. And there is no overpowered weapon...aliens have no weapons at all...humans have nuclear cannon, yet, aliens win around 55-60% of all games played  :) (might also be because human team likes to base camp  :P)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 11:17:08 am by mortal_soldier »

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 04:22:42 pm »
Humans always lose because they don't use teamwork and half the time they TK eachother, because some fucking idiot is using a flamethrower or a lucifer cannon, and fucking TK's like crazy.

I have a problem with the weapon balance, mainly the flamethrower and pulse cannon but this game is good especially because its free. Being a dretch and killing 4 guys because there all alone is so.....fun.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline homey188

• Soldier
    • A good roleplay site
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 05:42:30 pm »
I can't figure out how to play it.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 06:22:23 pm »
I can't figure out how to play it.

Read the manual silly. O yeah turn your brightness up FFS

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Jæson

• Soldier
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 06:26:54 pm »
Block-er-rific!

Doesn't look interesting to me, sorry. Thanks for sharing, though.
Miss your shots, miss your chance.