Author Topic: Your Weapons of all time!  (Read 5735 times)

Offline Carlitos

• Camper
  • Dont Give Up
    • Mr.Pants adventures on Soldat
Your Weapons of all time!
« on: February 08, 2007, 02:18:11 pm »
Tell us witch wepons did you use more since you play soldat.

*The noobish era*
At the start, has all the players, i didnt have a favorite weapon. I simply was using them all to see wich one was better.

*The Steyr AUG era*
After playing with most weapons, i start using the Steyr more them the other weapons. However, i didnt use for to long...

*The m79 era*
Most people say m79 is a noob weapon. I agree on that. I used the m79 for a long time. I was winning match after match after match...i was happy with the m79 despite the comments "m79 noob!". Later i felt that the m79 was to simple and easy to kill someone, and i changed weapon...

*The Minigun era*
Hmmm can we say a minigun era? I think i only use it during one week...

*The Minimi era(clan influenced)*
Following some little advice of SDFilm and influenced by him, i start using the minimi. Its really a good weapon, and i felt very good when i killed someone with it.

*AGAIN the m79 era*
lol yes. After minimi i start using again the m79, but for less time them the first. I think it was one week using it...anyway i changed weapon in short time.

*The Barret era:The beginning of the aim skill*
I can say i got good aim. Its true. Its not super incredible, but its good enought to kill people. I changed to the barret and i start killing people with impressive shots (yes,some lucky). I got a moral boost and my aiming skills raised, and i start killing a lot of people with barret. I didnt know weapons like the barret and ruger were the best for me.

*The Ruger era*
This is the weapon i use now. I always use it, because i can apply the aiming skill i learned with the barret with it. I really like the ruger now, and i think I wont change it...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 04:23:06 pm by Carlitos »
---See the advantures of Mr.Pants and others in soldat---
http://www.youtube.com/TugaSoldatTV
-------------------------------
Amen
-------------------------------

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
Re: Your Weapons of all time!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 02:45:42 pm »
*The noobish era*
At the beginning, after testing all of the weps out, I came out with the barret, but back then (the sidearm was still the colt.45), I never played online.

*The barret era*
This era gave me great aiming skill, aswell as aiming under pressure and RPS (Reference-Pointed Shooting).I used it very long when I only played against bots. But then....

*The Steyr-AUG era*
When I started playing online, there was a short era about the Steyr, I used it because.....you know, i dunno.

*The AK-74 era*
This era was almost a year long, when I used my skills i earned with the AUG and the aiming with the Barret. Worked amazingly good, I got very good.

*The Barret-Minimi era*
So atm, I am mostly back to snipering, it works good for me, especially in TW. If the map doesn't allow to do so, I use the FN Minimi. But I am planning to gain (better) skill with the ruger, though.

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Lifeâ„¢
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 11:00:32 pm »
I turned the game on, chose a Ruger. The first game I played I got a multi-kill, got a called a Rugen00b and have been a dedicated Spas user for the past six months. But I do dabble in the forbidden art of m79s when some starts to really pee me off ;).

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline ThunderPantz

• Camper
  • My avatar rules you.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 11:11:36 pm »
The n00b era
Randomly clicking on the weapons menu, developed a taste for secondary weapons.

*The Ruger era*
I developed a skill with powerful, yet not so long wait to kill, It improved my aim slightly, I moved up to bigger weapons.

*The Barret-Chainsaw era*
After Getting good with ruger, i moved up to the Barret, With amazing power and very good accuracy if you knew how to use it. I got kill after kill after kill with this. But while i was using the chainsaw along-side it, I got tired of random chainsaw chases and box camping, i needed distance.

*The Barret-Knife era*
I have mastered the Barret and only barely miss due to bink (sometimes). I have started using the knife and am using it quite well. I miss as much as any average joe-knife user, but am slightly better.My time with elite slicers has paid off. I will keep using the knife until it serves no purpose anymore.  This is where i am at now. I will probably stay this way.

LET THE BASH PIT LIVE ON.
Smoking doesn't kill people, cancer and tobacco does.

Offline Snipufin

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 02:49:08 am »
*The Noobish Era*
I just started soldat, played against bots. I just shot around everywhere with every wep.

*M79 era*
When I noticed that M79 is a one shot kill, I started to shoot with it. Of course I always died after the first shot since everyone Barreted me, and I didn't know about Barret(how to shoot)

*Spas era*
Well, in other games(FPS), my fav wep was Shotgun. And when I noticed that it could blow others away, I started to use it. In realistic I always went behind enemy lines and shot everyone in the back when they were sniping.

*Barret era*
Well, now someone taught me how to use Barret, I started to use it. I was pissed about the time between shots, and that's why I always have a glass of Coke next to me when I use Barret. It flopped afterwards.

*Ruger era*
Reading from somewhere that Ruger is deadly in Realistic, I started to use it. I became good with it, but then my mouse got screwed and I wasn't able to return the mouse from the recoil.

*Random era*
This is the nowaday era, which I have now. I use the weapon which I think is good for me(not steyr nor AK, but MP5)
Name:     Snipufin
Position:    Soldier

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 03:54:23 am »
*Noob Camper era*
Being too noobish to fight properly, I experimented with different ambush techniques, coming out of bushes with Ruger, Barrett or Minimi. Low and behold, the Barrett was best for camping (OMG!).

*Pro Camper era*
Started using tactical camping techniques and made my camouflage from the Soldat Skin Colour Changer. I used the camo to be a pure camper, finding it very enjoyable to kill unsuspecting players and trick any anti-campers.

*Barrett to Minimi era*
Me and a few other Barretters got together to create the Stealthy Silent and Deadly clan. I soon got into a habit of using the FN Minimi during clan practices, which annoyed the hell out of my co-snipers (but they still love me...I think..). SSD Later became an all-weapons clan as it got larger, with Carlitos and others.

*Minimi-Knife era*
In the strict boot camp that was Mao's Viet Minh clan, I got better at the FN Minimi, proper taunt useage and reluctantly got to grips with mIRC.

*Minimi-Saw era* With college and other life stuff getting in the way of keeping active in the clan scene, I now occasionally go around publics, purging the weak.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 11:46:55 am by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Duke

• Major
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 03:55:10 am »
*The n00bish era*
When i first found soldat i say one word for about a week "minigun" and after countless losses i finally grasped the fact that its a shit weapon.

*The m79 era*
After the minigun i decided to try out the m79... needless to say i had a vasta many kills with it but i felt that somehow i was lacking something in the game.

*Barret*
I tried to use the barret but it never seamed to be very effective for me...(i later found out that i had a ping of 500 and that may of been teh cause)

*rugar*
i also had a brief affair with the rugar and i loved how it was accurate and only needed 2-3 shots to kill/

*Current*
I have been using the styre AUG for about a month strait now and i love it, just its sheer speed in shooting and reloading makes it seam to be perfect to me... CARN THE AUG!!!

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 04:38:43 am »
*The Noobish Era*
When I first started playing I used my favorite combination: A minigun, and a barrett picked off a corpse. Noobish indeed

*The Steyr Era*
After joining the Australian Army, and taking a weapons cource, I started to use a Steyr.

*The Barrett Era*
Yes, I used the barrett for a while too. I was happy in blisfull ignorance, untill...

*The Anti-Barrett Era*
...I joined the forums, and found out how many people despise the barrett. I looked at it, and found that it is 100% true. This led me to do the following:

*The Current Era*
I have deleted my old kill logs, and to this day (two years and counting) I have not accumliated a single barrett kill. I stand proud to that fact! I now use a mix of the autos: the Hk, Steyr, AK, and minimi, occasionally with the other weapons depending on my mood and the sitution.

Offline ultraman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 04:56:02 am »
*Noob era*
Anything really, was just experimenting to see which I liked.

*AUG Era*
Yeah, I was an AUG-tard for a while.

*AK Era*
Got into R/S and started using AK.

*Mp5 Era*
Went back to normal, started using Mp5.

*Ruger Era*
This was my longest Era, Rugertard.

*Current Era*
I'll use anything, it really depends on the map.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 05:06:10 am by ultraman »

Offline numgun

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 05:23:23 am »
*start (1.1.5)*
After having loads of fun throwing nades in the path of bots on my own team in the green b2b I started trying out diffirent weapons. The first thing that came into sight was that HUGE minigun at the bottom of the list. But as I dont like reading manuals, the minigun didnt work for me.
So I tested the gun above it, it was big too. the minimi. after having a couple of satisfying kills offline
I chose it. Mean while my aim was shitty back there so barret & ruger wasnt the thing yet.

*after start (1.1.5)*
I loved this version. srsly. non-overheating statguns, knife flyes instantly and weapons are super devastating. When I finally realized that soldat has a multiplayer I jumped in with my trusty minimi to kick ass. Loads of fun and meanwhile I tested various weapons and combos and tricks.
At this time I still wasnt sure which weapon was best for me so I kept minimi.

*the golden era of barret (1.2.0-1.2.1)*
These versions were absolutely my favs. After my aim got better I took the barret. after a while I took the knife with me too. I totally rocked on publics. after doing some training/climbing maps my movement was really smooth and fast. I felt like flying with my barret & knife. nothing could stop me. except my angry mom that kept me away from playing.

*the fall of barret (1.3.0-1.3.1)*
After finding out that ppl were abandoning the servers of 1.2.1, I realized that a new version came out! OH YEAH! after downloading, installing, and joining a local server I was totally shocked.
FIRE DELAY ON BARRET & KNIFE! both of them were ruined. its only a matter of milliseconds but its enough to ruin it. I totally sucked the first few days that I even came back to 1.2.1 to play some of it more. but as the servers were criplling and failing, with no maintance I had to move to 1.3.1. And barrets nerf wasnt all. most weapons were weaker than ever before. And after sometime I found a hope from m79. boom time.

*The rise of m79 and return of minimi (1.3.1)*
I adapted to this weapon and its capabilities pretty fast. players blowing up was really satisfying to watch. and if the server was extremely crowded, I busted my old minimi out.
meanwhile trying to adjust to the current barret. but I had to scrap the knife for eternity.

*Today (1.3.1)*
Right now my newest addition to my arsenal is ruger. its nice when a server isnt too crowded. devastating as minimi and accurate as barret. And now depending on situation I use various weapons. (barret, m79, ruger, minimi, steyr / saw & law)

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 05:23:48 am »
Noob- M79

DEAGLE ERA

SAW ERA

AK ERA

SAW ERA

RUGER ERA

BARRETARD ERA

there we go.

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 05:43:52 am »
*The noobish era*
Simple. M79.

*The Minimi era*
hmm.. the minimi, wasnt my choice of weapon at the time but i played with it to practise for a bit.

*The m79 era (again)*
M79 was my best pawnage wep for a loooooooooong time... It was lucky i only played against bots and not online. (i would be quite infamous).

*The Steyr Era*
I began to play online when i gained some confidence and an internet connection. Tried out the steyr for a match, loved it, continued playing with it for a few months.

*The knife era*
Sucked. Practised. Owned.

*The Barrett era*
This was a very different weapon to the others i have used before but i personally found that it was the most effective weapon. Mastered the wep in about 7-9 months.

*The Barret and knife era*
Loved the power and combination of the two weapons. Snipe, knife, snipe. No flaws (unless i missed or had bink lol  ;D ;D. Still play with today.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 11:41:02 am »
Noob era: before I even got internet I played against my brother (who was the one who installed Soldat on my computer) and basically used every weapon he killed me with, before I realized it was the fact that I sucked, and not me using the wrong weapon, that caused me to die every time.

Minimi era: 4 minutes after the noob era, I picked it because I thought it looked cool, not because I knew anyhing about weapons. (I didn't even know the m79 was a grenade launcher till I tried it out  ;D)

Anything except the barrett/ruger era: Self explanitory. I couldn't shoot straight with 'em  :-\

Shotgun era: This is where I first started getting good. Got huge amounts of kills and learned to fire at bloody people for 1 hit kills.

M79 era: Got really accurate with it, but the range is just too short imo.

Shotgun era MK II: This is where I first started playing online (finally got the internet working) usually got top of the list, not that that's too amazing when you play in pubs...

Barrett, m79, HK, shotty, and especially nades are what I use now, mainly barrett combined with the weapon of whoever I kill with it. If I have a secondary its the LAW, since I never keep secondarys for long and it's the perfect throwaway weapon.

I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 02:28:30 pm »
"noob era"
Steyr
"Less noob era"
Spas
"Level 3 era"
Barret for certain maps but mostly m79 and soc
"2 weeks under a different name era"
AK and Law
"Back to m79 era"
Back to m79
"Current era"
Ruger, m79, minimi, soc"
@ii

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 02:59:26 pm »
Nub time, just tested everything out.

Spas kiddy, ran around with the shotgun. developed zero skill with it

M79 Nub - I hated the comments, but I used it to get scores

Barretard - I used barret for like 2 months. I have ridiculous air proning barret skillz still, and I sometimes revert back to it on mass m79 maps.

Ruger Whore - Easy to learn after the barret, quick kills, especially now that I had started playing R/S

AK - Yeah. I like it because you can have no self bink and a fast fire rate plus high Damage.

Now - Whatever I need to win the map. Special guns in sepcial circumstances, leaning heavily on my decent aim.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 03:03:34 pm »
Newb Era: Randomly chosing weapons. I wanted to find out which ones did what.
Camper Era: I found all the good camping spots on INF maps. Then I exploited them against bots.
MP5 Era: This is about the time I found out about online. I think it came from playing DMs on Daybreak, a small map. I found the MP5 to be perfect for that situation, and fell in love with the rapid-fire.
Auto Era: I kinda started randomly choosing autos after that. I think.
pr0 Era: This is where I am now. I know the strengths and weaknesses of every weapon, and what weapon to use to counter other weapons. I tend to give the MP5, AK and AUG equal time, though sometimes I get pr0 with the Deagles and practice aiming with Ruger.
(by pr0 I do not mean "I'm so good at this game I could play it for money", I mean "I think I'm so good at this game compared to about 75-80% of the other players I think I could play for money. Also, I'm l33t. ph33r m3h")
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Commander Kitsune

• Soldier
  • Kits
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 03:36:04 pm »
Newb era: Proud to say I was never a noob who said "OMGz U liek HAX!". I sucked. Badly. I had no favorite weapon, but I used the AK a lot.

Getting better...Steyr!: By now, I started to just stick with the steyr. I was a lot better than I was before, but still no match for good players.

Spas!: I went crazy with the spas. I loved it so much, maybe it was because it was so cheap on realistic...:P I was actually a decent-good player by now

Lost era :( : I have no idea what happened here. I had no true name, I just went into random servers using whatever I could use. By this time I quit realistic

Mp5 era: By now, I settled down with my name, and in U13 inf. I was a pure mp5 phsyco. I'd just rush in (even if I was bravo) and shoot everything that moved, and if it had a barrett. I shot it again. I was still a good player landing the top 3 every game.

Barrett era: I think we've all had a barrett era. I was a good player, but a decent barretter. Nothing special. I eventually grew to hate the barrett because it was a no frills weapon. Very boring.

another lost era: I have no clue what I used during this time....at all. All I can say is my skill dropped a lot.

CHAINSAW :) Very self explanitory. I still abuse the chainsaw like mad today. Even with my disadvantage towards actual guns, I'd manage to score top 3 in INF a lot.

Now Now, I have no weapon prefrance. I use the Deagles mostly, but my chainsaw still overcomes all my other weapons in kills. (Like, 2400ish in 1-2 months XD) I have to admit. I'm a good player now when I actually can focus.

I'm still a U13 INF tard who only plays there :P
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 03:37:41 pm by Commander Kitsune »

Offline Rai-Dei

• Flagrunner
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 04:21:43 pm »
*Noobish Era* Was a blurr used Barret.

*Knife Era* At one point I used knife as a primary.

*M79 Era* Back when it was not overused.

*Ruger Era* 2nd longest run of a weapon.

*Ak Era*  The shortest lived primary I ever had.

*Deagles* Favorite weapon of all time, Never plan to use anything else.

Offline Twistkill

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
  • The words of your tongue blister like fire
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 04:50:44 pm »
Keep in mind I started around April of 2006, so this is all under 1.3.1:

*Newb era* When I started, for about 2 months. I basically tested out all the weapons. Yes, even the minigun. Heh. (End around June)

*Steyr era* I used the steyr for a little bit, maybe a month or so. (End around July)

*MP5 era* I still use it today, but for a good 3 months, I only used this weapon. (End around October 06)

*Enter Minimi and Ruger era* I started getting attached to these guns, and they're my favorites to use today. <3 (Basically, they just became a part of my arsenal, because I still use it, so this hasn't really ended.)

*Add Steyr and Barrett, the current era* I started using these in November 06, and they're part of my arsenal to this date

So, my main arsenal as of now is all the autos except the AK, the Ruger, the Barrett, and I am trying to test out the Spas to make it more varied, but it's more challenging than I thought.

:)

"A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult." -Proverbs 12:16

Add me on PSN: Newfrag. Just make sure to tell me you're from SF. :P

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 05:30:27 pm »
1.0.5 Spas12
1.1.5 Spas12, Steyr
1.2.1 Spas12, Mp5, LAW
1.3.1 Spas12, AK74, Chainsaw

For short periods of time I used Barrett, M79, Eagles and so on.
But I never got away from my absolute fav.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 05:36:13 pm by Avis »
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 05:53:59 pm »
Steyr-->Minimi-->Ruger-->MP5-->Spas-->AK (current)

Secondary is usually LAW
Owner/Founder- Elite CTF -  http://elitectf.com
OwnedVision - http://ownedvision.com
--An EliteCTF Production.
Snipe & Slice - Saw & Law - One Shots

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 06:22:42 pm »
I might actually make a proper one now- i suddenly feel like typing.

1.1.0 - 1.1.5 Noob Era:

I didn't play alot- mainly only a couple of hours a month, my favourite weapons were the M79 and DEagles.

1.2 - 1.2.1 DEagle Era:
I whored deagle/knife for this time. And it was fun!

1.2.1 - 1.3 AK Era:
Here's where I mainly used AK/knife, mainly meant for wars.. good times.

1.3 Ruger Era:
I became a rugertard too...

1.3 Saw Era:
And a saw user.

1.3 - 1.3.1 AK Era:
I felt like playing wars again- so i pulled out the old AK.

1.3.1 - now Barretard Era:
<3 sniping.

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 06:58:00 pm »
*Noobish Era* I were never in a noobish era (ok i was but i started off good) using only usscom and knife against bots (had 0,064mb/s internet)

*Spas-12 Era* i was starting whit that as a prim but after 2 minutes i got bored

*sniper-m79 Era* try ed out the 1hit 1 kill weapons got some what of a skill in sniper (whitish faded)

*Steyr Era* when i got online i got sick of being called "barretard" so i switched to and random auto (happened to be Steyr)

*Ruger Era* In progress. Benn playing R/S for 3 months now and got the idea of getting a good aim fast (annoying recoil on the ruger that's why)

(Current combo)
Ruger and knife or ruger and usscom
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Scorpian

• Camper
  • Republican
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 07:34:19 pm »
Noob Era:
I can't really member what I started with. I think I tried all the weapons and got used to all of them.

Getting better:
I used the Minimi alot during the first few months I started playing. I got frustrated with it because of it's slow reload.

Then I found U13:
When I first found U13 CTF, I used the M79. I actually became very good with it, and I had dead on aim with it. Trying to use the M79 these days results in a suicide most of the time.

Then I found U13 part deux:
As I played on U13 more and more, I ditched the M79. I tryed the AUG and AK through this time. I became dead accurate with the Aug, then I broke away to the AK, and became very good with it. I'd also ONLY use the barret on B2b. I would hide in this one bush near alpha spawn, and just camp. I'd let people pass over me because they couldn't see me, and I'd giggle.  ;D

Current:
I mix between the Aug, AK, and MP5 here and there. I've became increasingly better with the MP5, and worse with the AK. This is probably because I'm now used to the fast fire rate of the MP5, so that makes me not like the slow ROF the AK has.

Offline Jæson

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 04:44:56 pm »
:Noob Era: [0.9.4c]
Randomly selected whatever was listed, began drooling over Secondary weapons.

:HK-MP5 Era: [1.0.0b]
Began to experiment with Automatic weapons, developed reaction to the fast pace required by HK.

:SOCOM Era: [1.1.2]
Developed favorite secondary weapon and future aim-related developement.

:Ruger Era: [1.1.4 - 1.2.1]
Favorite primary discovered. Playing with it for 3 years, developed accurate aiming properties. Never going to stop using it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 04:49:29 pm by Jæson »
Miss your shots, miss your chance.

Offline Bahamut

• Major(1)
  • |e0| Elite0
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2007, 07:54:14 pm »
-Newbie Era- I always used the barret. I know some people despise the crap out of them, but I did vary in what I used.

Barret~Ruger Era- This is where I am now. Yep, its all I use, Im a great aimer, and miss some shots out of bink. Only sometimes though. I do use other weapons when necessary, but this is my main arsenal of choice. Oh, and my sencondary is the knife.

Offline Yourself

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007, 01:50:04 pm »
Noob era: Using any random weapon.. Usually Minigun.
M79 Era After realizing M79 could kill in one hit, I started using it frequently
M79 + Pistol Realized I could switch weapons...
MP5 EraGot totally obsessed with MP5 for a few months... didn't really bother with secondary weapons.
Steyr + SawThis is when I started to get a lot better at the game. Could kill most people anyone that were not using Barrett or M79
More weapons a bit... Started using
different weapons.. and using secondary a lot.
Jack of all trades. Master of all? :) This is where I am now. I play mainly with with Deagles, Steyr, Minimi, and to a lesser extent AK, MP5, SPAS. I rarely play Ruger, usually if I want to embarrass a barrettard. I never use M79 or Barrett. I like to play in small arenas of 2 to 3 enemies, and I switch my weapons based on what they are using. They never know quite what to expect.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 02:16:24 pm »
2003 - I used the M79 only. It wasn't that it was a one-hit kill weapon however. Instead, it's huge advantage to me as a CTF player was being able to boost. I also loved the arc of the weapon -- it's great to nail a mid-escaping EFC on ctf_Run from high above with a screen plus long shot. Still, I found the M79 to be too perfect a weapon for CTF -- it's a killing machine and a vehicle in its own right, so I looked to switch.

2004 - I still used the M79 a good bit, but I started to work on learning to be a better Ruger player. I used it a fair amount. I also experimented with the Desert Eagles as well later on after tiring of hits not registering and thinking the extra bullet cache could help fix that for me.

2005 - I fell in love with the knife after thinking there may be a secondary better suited for other primaries than the Socom. I also enjoyed finally learning how good it is to disarm enemies as well as pick up weapons off the ground. I used to never use the drop weapon button and map it on the far side of the keyboard since I could never hit it when I wanted. I basically forced myself to adjust.

2006 - Discovered !Elite Snipe & Slice and finally got around to using the Barret. I never cared for it, but I loved the server's dynamics and it being so knife-friendly. I also decided to spend some time learning what really separates the autos, since I used to find them so similar. I still think they are to some extent, but I definitely see advantages and disadvantages among them. Where I used to always choose the Minimi when I thought an auto was best for the situation, I now look to the MP5 and AK.

2007 - Now I mainly use the saw, knife, and LAW when I play. If I'm in a normal server, my primary is chosen depending on what the situation calls for (which I've always done for some time now) and no longer really have a favorite choice as it were. I still believe I can use some improvement with the Desert Eagles and the Minigun (if that's even possible :P ).

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 02:52:32 pm »
logic| eras are long periods of time usually ranging from ten-fifty years |logic

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 04:22:51 pm »
well how long is a war then.. 1 round in soldat isn't very long if you turn that into real years or months i bet every round be up to 1½ or more. (I mean how long is a soldier staying on the battle field b4 he dies or is going home. Atleast some weeks or a half in sad cases).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 04:24:54 pm by M.rSnow »
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 04:48:23 pm »
Ak-47 (which ironically was way more powerful then the new 74)
post-noobage Barrettarding (ironically not post-noobage)
post-barrettarding, Ak+law (which is when i first actually began using the secondaries
developed a taste for the knife, whenever i was doing awful
Made a shitty movie about camping with barret, which required me to haul out the barret for a whole 10 seconds.
Too busy whining about how the knife was ruined, and how the law was ruined, and how the ak was ruined... I wasn't near a computer for 2 weeks into 1.3, so i missed the major rush of whining (ironically everyone had to change their name from major :D)
Tried every weapon fearing another 1.3
went from auto to single switching as needed to best help the team
Found an aptitude for my post-barreting rugering
*fin*
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline AND1

• Major
  • I like it
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 07:35:25 pm »
*The noobish era*
I started playing with my friends (1 0n 1) m79 stlye, then it was DM and again M79.

*HK era*
This was when i joined the clan, i thought that i should use some diffrent wepons so i used HK this was long era.

*Barret and m79 era*
I started to use barret and m79 to see how it effects in clanwars, it did for a while.

*Stery era*
This is my current era and I LOVE IT  ;D ;D ;).

Offline Unlucky XIII

• Soldier
  • Unit Zero One Three
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 08:14:13 pm »
- Spas - 1.0.5b
Bots seemed to be much more stupid back then, and the Spas dealt with that stupidity. No online, however.

- FN Minimi - 1.2
The Minimi was my weapon of choice when I started playing online, as it was fast and fun.

- Spas and SOCOM - 1.2.1 to 1.3
I finally got back in the groove of the Spas again, and this is when I felt I played the best. I also used the SOCOM as more of a primary here

- Auto's and Spas - 1.3.1
This is where I'm at now. The HK and Knife / Law, FN and SOCOM and Spas and SOCOM combo's work best for me. I feel I've degraded in skill since before though.

"The old ones are the best"

Offline DrUnKeN MaStEr

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 09:33:32 am »
~Noob Era~
Back when I started in 2002 I used the Barret cause of my good aim CS helped that and then I used the mp5

~Ruger Era~
The best and longest Era I ever had I used this weapon like crazy and then got to join SM and GT

~Quit Era~
All of my old friends were leaving so I quit and when I kept coming back I used Ak and sucked tottally

~Deagle Era~
Honestly I was just copying off of morik cause he said it was a good weapon

~Ak/Ruger Era~
Again coming back right afterr quitting I joined DC and I failed and quit again cause I sucked horribly

~Ak/Ruger Era~
Again coming back right after quitting but this time I joined i<3p but I sucked so I was like "I HATE THIS GAME" and I played Counter-Strike 1.6 and Day of Defeat to make it to cal in both games.

~Auto/Ruger Era~
And now im back after quitting using a lot of guns I guess and I dont tottaly suck now but im still in CS and DoD its all good now yay for my happy 6 year or 5 year (I cant count xD) anniversary

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 10:04:07 am »
1.05b - m79
Then....just about everything except steyr and minigun, most several times.  I don't remember what when.
o/

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 07:23:53 pm »
Noob*
Started off with the Steyr aug. It packs a punch in a mid-range situation.

Few Months in*
Started using the HK MP5 more and more often because it has power and i was landing in more close combat situations than not.

After some practice*
I learned how efficient tne FN Minimi is. I use it now and own souls with it, especially at long distance.

Now*
As well as my FN Minimi/USSOCOM skills, I am now using the Steyr AUG/Barret combo, starting with Steyr/USSOCOM. I pick up a barret along the way. The steyr has about teh same range as teh FN Minimi, so it fits my fighting style and I can reload it faster. The Barret helps me camp in Infiltration matches. Not that good with it, but I want that to change.

Offline amhso

• Major(1)
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 12:27:23 am »
havent been playing a long time,....but ruger --> m79/LAW --> AK

Offline Tinysmurf

• Major
  • R7.
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 01:56:10 pm »
Personally i don't think there are eras. there is update eras. i don't think people change there guns just to fit in with the eras.

1.2.1>  Barret
1.3.0> Barret
1.3.1> Barret

I am a sniper and i won't change being one just to fit in on the eras. the barret has been shafted in updates yet i still use it as my main weapon selection. i can use aug and ruger but its barret for me. RS FTW

Offline White Negro

• Major(1)
  • Assault maniac
    • http://www.saskoto.hit.bg
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 02:49:25 pm »
*Noob era - Baret M82A1
*Noob era2 - M79 - one shot - one kill
*Super masta era1 - FN minimi
*Super masta era2 - spas 12
(i was god in the Super masta eras - i could make a kill with USSOCOM while flying and aiming at moving targets)
After that i stopped playing and i lost lots of training
*Noob era3 - M79 same reason as Noob era2
*AfterNoob era - Steyr Aug(M4A1 mod)
*Modern era(now) - Almost master with Ruger 77(M16-A4 mod)
Name in game - Sashakiss
Good with: AK 74
Not good with: Spas 12, MP5