Author Topic: Your Weapons of all time!  (Read 5749 times)

Offline Spasm

• Soldier
  • Elite CTF Owner
    • Elite CTF
Re: Your Weapons of all time!
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2007, 05:53:59 pm »
Steyr-->Minimi-->Ruger-->MP5-->Spas-->AK (current)

Secondary is usually LAW
Owner/Founder- Elite CTF -  http://elitectf.com
OwnedVision - http://ownedvision.com
--An EliteCTF Production.
Snipe & Slice - Saw & Law - One Shots

Offline MofoNofo

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2007, 06:22:42 pm »
I might actually make a proper one now- i suddenly feel like typing.

1.1.0 - 1.1.5 Noob Era:

I didn't play alot- mainly only a couple of hours a month, my favourite weapons were the M79 and DEagles.

1.2 - 1.2.1 DEagle Era:
I whored deagle/knife for this time. And it was fun!

1.2.1 - 1.3 AK Era:
Here's where I mainly used AK/knife, mainly meant for wars.. good times.

1.3 Ruger Era:
I became a rugertard too...

1.3 Saw Era:
And a saw user.

1.3 - 1.3.1 AK Era:
I felt like playing wars again- so i pulled out the old AK.

1.3.1 - now Barretard Era:
<3 sniping.

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2007, 06:58:00 pm »
*Noobish Era* I were never in a noobish era (ok i was but i started off good) using only usscom and knife against bots (had 0,064mb/s internet)

*Spas-12 Era* i was starting whit that as a prim but after 2 minutes i got bored

*sniper-m79 Era* try ed out the 1hit 1 kill weapons got some what of a skill in sniper (whitish faded)

*Steyr Era* when i got online i got sick of being called "barretard" so i switched to and random auto (happened to be Steyr)

*Ruger Era* In progress. Benn playing R/S for 3 months now and got the idea of getting a good aim fast (annoying recoil on the ruger that's why)

(Current combo)
Ruger and knife or ruger and usscom
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Scorpian

• Camper
  • Republican
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2007, 07:34:19 pm »
Noob Era:
I can't really member what I started with. I think I tried all the weapons and got used to all of them.

Getting better:
I used the Minimi alot during the first few months I started playing. I got frustrated with it because of it's slow reload.

Then I found U13:
When I first found U13 CTF, I used the M79. I actually became very good with it, and I had dead on aim with it. Trying to use the M79 these days results in a suicide most of the time.

Then I found U13 part deux:
As I played on U13 more and more, I ditched the M79. I tryed the AUG and AK through this time. I became dead accurate with the Aug, then I broke away to the AK, and became very good with it. I'd also ONLY use the barret on B2b. I would hide in this one bush near alpha spawn, and just camp. I'd let people pass over me because they couldn't see me, and I'd giggle.  ;D

Current:
I mix between the Aug, AK, and MP5 here and there. I've became increasingly better with the MP5, and worse with the AK. This is probably because I'm now used to the fast fire rate of the MP5, so that makes me not like the slow ROF the AK has.

Offline Jæson

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 04:44:56 pm »
:Noob Era: [0.9.4c]
Randomly selected whatever was listed, began drooling over Secondary weapons.

:HK-MP5 Era: [1.0.0b]
Began to experiment with Automatic weapons, developed reaction to the fast pace required by HK.

:SOCOM Era: [1.1.2]
Developed favorite secondary weapon and future aim-related developement.

:Ruger Era: [1.1.4 - 1.2.1]
Favorite primary discovered. Playing with it for 3 years, developed accurate aiming properties. Never going to stop using it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 04:49:29 pm by Jæson »
Miss your shots, miss your chance.

Offline Bahamut

• Major(1)
  • |e0| Elite0
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2007, 07:54:14 pm »
-Newbie Era- I always used the barret. I know some people despise the crap out of them, but I did vary in what I used.

Barret~Ruger Era- This is where I am now. Yep, its all I use, Im a great aimer, and miss some shots out of bink. Only sometimes though. I do use other weapons when necessary, but this is my main arsenal of choice. Oh, and my sencondary is the knife.

Offline Yourself

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007, 01:50:04 pm »
Noob era: Using any random weapon.. Usually Minigun.
M79 Era After realizing M79 could kill in one hit, I started using it frequently
M79 + Pistol Realized I could switch weapons...
MP5 EraGot totally obsessed with MP5 for a few months... didn't really bother with secondary weapons.
Steyr + SawThis is when I started to get a lot better at the game. Could kill most people anyone that were not using Barrett or M79
More weapons a bit... Started using
different weapons.. and using secondary a lot.
Jack of all trades. Master of all? :) This is where I am now. I play mainly with with Deagles, Steyr, Minimi, and to a lesser extent AK, MP5, SPAS. I rarely play Ruger, usually if I want to embarrass a barrettard. I never use M79 or Barrett. I like to play in small arenas of 2 to 3 enemies, and I switch my weapons based on what they are using. They never know quite what to expect.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 02:16:24 pm »
2003 - I used the M79 only. It wasn't that it was a one-hit kill weapon however. Instead, it's huge advantage to me as a CTF player was being able to boost. I also loved the arc of the weapon -- it's great to nail a mid-escaping EFC on ctf_Run from high above with a screen plus long shot. Still, I found the M79 to be too perfect a weapon for CTF -- it's a killing machine and a vehicle in its own right, so I looked to switch.

2004 - I still used the M79 a good bit, but I started to work on learning to be a better Ruger player. I used it a fair amount. I also experimented with the Desert Eagles as well later on after tiring of hits not registering and thinking the extra bullet cache could help fix that for me.

2005 - I fell in love with the knife after thinking there may be a secondary better suited for other primaries than the Socom. I also enjoyed finally learning how good it is to disarm enemies as well as pick up weapons off the ground. I used to never use the drop weapon button and map it on the far side of the keyboard since I could never hit it when I wanted. I basically forced myself to adjust.

2006 - Discovered !Elite Snipe & Slice and finally got around to using the Barret. I never cared for it, but I loved the server's dynamics and it being so knife-friendly. I also decided to spend some time learning what really separates the autos, since I used to find them so similar. I still think they are to some extent, but I definitely see advantages and disadvantages among them. Where I used to always choose the Minimi when I thought an auto was best for the situation, I now look to the MP5 and AK.

2007 - Now I mainly use the saw, knife, and LAW when I play. If I'm in a normal server, my primary is chosen depending on what the situation calls for (which I've always done for some time now) and no longer really have a favorite choice as it were. I still believe I can use some improvement with the Desert Eagles and the Minigun (if that's even possible :P ).

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 02:52:32 pm »
logic| eras are long periods of time usually ranging from ten-fifty years |logic

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 04:22:51 pm »
well how long is a war then.. 1 round in soldat isn't very long if you turn that into real years or months i bet every round be up to 1½ or more. (I mean how long is a soldier staying on the battle field b4 he dies or is going home. Atleast some weeks or a half in sad cases).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 04:24:54 pm by M.rSnow »
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2007, 04:48:23 pm »
Ak-47 (which ironically was way more powerful then the new 74)
post-noobage Barrettarding (ironically not post-noobage)
post-barrettarding, Ak+law (which is when i first actually began using the secondaries
developed a taste for the knife, whenever i was doing awful
Made a shitty movie about camping with barret, which required me to haul out the barret for a whole 10 seconds.
Too busy whining about how the knife was ruined, and how the law was ruined, and how the ak was ruined... I wasn't near a computer for 2 weeks into 1.3, so i missed the major rush of whining (ironically everyone had to change their name from major :D)
Tried every weapon fearing another 1.3
went from auto to single switching as needed to best help the team
Found an aptitude for my post-barreting rugering
*fin*
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline AND1

• Major
  • I like it
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2007, 07:35:25 pm »
*The noobish era*
I started playing with my friends (1 0n 1) m79 stlye, then it was DM and again M79.

*HK era*
This was when i joined the clan, i thought that i should use some diffrent wepons so i used HK this was long era.

*Barret and m79 era*
I started to use barret and m79 to see how it effects in clanwars, it did for a while.

*Stery era*
This is my current era and I LOVE IT  ;D ;D ;).

Offline Unlucky XIII

• Soldier
  • Unit Zero One Three
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2007, 08:14:13 pm »
- Spas - 1.0.5b
Bots seemed to be much more stupid back then, and the Spas dealt with that stupidity. No online, however.

- FN Minimi - 1.2
The Minimi was my weapon of choice when I started playing online, as it was fast and fun.

- Spas and SOCOM - 1.2.1 to 1.3
I finally got back in the groove of the Spas again, and this is when I felt I played the best. I also used the SOCOM as more of a primary here

- Auto's and Spas - 1.3.1
This is where I'm at now. The HK and Knife / Law, FN and SOCOM and Spas and SOCOM combo's work best for me. I feel I've degraded in skill since before though.

"The old ones are the best"

Offline DrUnKeN MaStEr

• Major(1)
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2007, 09:33:32 am »
~Noob Era~
Back when I started in 2002 I used the Barret cause of my good aim CS helped that and then I used the mp5

~Ruger Era~
The best and longest Era I ever had I used this weapon like crazy and then got to join SM and GT

~Quit Era~
All of my old friends were leaving so I quit and when I kept coming back I used Ak and sucked tottally

~Deagle Era~
Honestly I was just copying off of morik cause he said it was a good weapon

~Ak/Ruger Era~
Again coming back right afterr quitting I joined DC and I failed and quit again cause I sucked horribly

~Ak/Ruger Era~
Again coming back right after quitting but this time I joined i<3p but I sucked so I was like "I HATE THIS GAME" and I played Counter-Strike 1.6 and Day of Defeat to make it to cal in both games.

~Auto/Ruger Era~
And now im back after quitting using a lot of guns I guess and I dont tottaly suck now but im still in CS and DoD its all good now yay for my happy 6 year or 5 year (I cant count xD) anniversary

Offline Outcast

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • Semi-retired antagonist
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2007, 10:04:07 am »
1.05b - m79
Then....just about everything except steyr and minigun, most several times.  I don't remember what when.
o/

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2007, 07:23:53 pm »
Noob*
Started off with the Steyr aug. It packs a punch in a mid-range situation.

Few Months in*
Started using the HK MP5 more and more often because it has power and i was landing in more close combat situations than not.

After some practice*
I learned how efficient tne FN Minimi is. I use it now and own souls with it, especially at long distance.

Now*
As well as my FN Minimi/USSOCOM skills, I am now using the Steyr AUG/Barret combo, starting with Steyr/USSOCOM. I pick up a barret along the way. The steyr has about teh same range as teh FN Minimi, so it fits my fighting style and I can reload it faster. The Barret helps me camp in Infiltration matches. Not that good with it, but I want that to change.

Offline amhso

• Major(1)
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 12:27:23 am »
havent been playing a long time,....but ruger --> m79/LAW --> AK

Offline Tinysmurf

• Major
  • R7.
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 01:56:10 pm »
Personally i don't think there are eras. there is update eras. i don't think people change there guns just to fit in with the eras.

1.2.1>  Barret
1.3.0> Barret
1.3.1> Barret

I am a sniper and i won't change being one just to fit in on the eras. the barret has been shafted in updates yet i still use it as my main weapon selection. i can use aug and ruger but its barret for me. RS FTW

Offline White Negro

• Major(1)
  • Assault maniac
    • http://www.saskoto.hit.bg
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2007, 02:49:25 pm »
*Noob era - Baret M82A1
*Noob era2 - M79 - one shot - one kill
*Super masta era1 - FN minimi
*Super masta era2 - spas 12
(i was god in the Super masta eras - i could make a kill with USSOCOM while flying and aiming at moving targets)
After that i stopped playing and i lost lots of training
*Noob era3 - M79 same reason as Noob era2
*AfterNoob era - Steyr Aug(M4A1 mod)
*Modern era(now) - Almost master with Ruger 77(M16-A4 mod)
Name in game - Sashakiss
Good with: AK 74
Not good with: Spas 12, MP5