Author Topic: Benefits of Registration  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Bahamut

• Major(1)
  • |e0| Elite0
Benefits of Registration
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:44:15 am »
Hey there, Im new to the forums and all. Ive been playing Soldat for about 2 years now (Fav Weapon: Barret), and I've been Un-Registered the whole time. I loved it without the registration, but now Im starting to wonder: Is spending 9$ to be able to change certain things like colors/interface etc worth it?

I would also like to know, nowadays, it seems like in every other match Im in, there is SOME sort of hacker, whether it be infinite jets or ammo, I dont know, but is there a way to play with more casual players, without the name calling, "Hacker!", or "Noobie", and without the usual hackers?

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
Re: Benefits of Registration
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 11:55:22 am »
you get a cool star next to your name, and you get to support the game, and you get it before the price goes up to 15 dollars.

lots more stuff here: Registration

I wish i had nine dollars :(
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline 1010011010

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 11:57:25 am »
Welcome to the forums. If you've enjoyed Soldat, I think you should get registered. The colored jet flames add a bit of needed customization, and you can get an interface that better suits you without overriding your current one. Also, try playing in populous servers like U13 and Leo's. They tend to have better hack protection.

Offline Veritas

• Camper
  • Waco
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 12:13:15 pm »
but is there a way to play with more casual players, without the name calling, "Hacker!", or "Noobie", and without the usual hackers?

Basically, theres two routes you could take here.
The first is, as 1010011010 said, try U13, as they'll have more active admins and better players in general.
The second is gathering: http://nagather.u13.net/ . However, this isn't really with "more casual players" as you said, its going to be with some of the better Soldaters, ones involved with the clan "scene" as it were. This will help you get much, much better at Soldat than playing in publics, even if you get your arse handed to you at first.

Note that you'll probably never get away from the name-calling. However, a lot of the times its a bit more lighthearted in scrims\gathers, and more used jokingly. Theres still actual accusations and insults, but those are more rare, and you can avoid them by basically not paying attention to such names and not participating in it yourself (which will garner you respect as well.)
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 02:01:14 pm »
I would also like to know, nowadays, it seems like in every other match Im in, there is SOME sort of hacker, whether it be infinite jets or ammo, I dont know, but is there a way to play with more casual players, without the name calling, "Hacker!", or "Noobie", and without the usual hackers?

Play R/S. Almost always somebody has the admin to the server you are on.

Offline Bahamut

• Major(1)
  • |e0| Elite0
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 07:05:22 pm »
What I meant by casual is what I said after it, without the name calling. I guess Ill never get away from that, but if it was just joking around, I could tell the difference. You know what I mean? Ok, well, Im not a newbie. Im pretty good. I was also wondering, if I joined a clan would I benefit more, and learn more? If so, can anyone name a clan I could join?

One more question: I like to earn reputation. I like to get known, and I like to be known as a great help/player/person in general. How would I go about earning the rep from you other players? Also, how long would I have to be on the forums before I could be a mod, or beta tester?

Thanks for all your help!
-Baha