Author Topic: Option of Firing Modes  (Read 952 times)

Offline Mr.Morose

• Major(1)
Option of Firing Modes
« on: February 07, 2007, 05:43:22 pm »
The Suggetion(s):

-the  [AK74] has three modes of fire -- auto, burst and semi where the bullet power (and also rof -- see below: Fairness) for the modes are modified so that they would go like this:

semi (most powerful)
burst (mid)
auto (least powerful)

-prehaps other guns (like the  [MP5] and the [AUG]) should also have 2 modes (burst and auto; but not semi becuase it doesn't fit these type of guns -- they're not really "rifles" per se)

Why This Would Be An Improvement:

-main reason: creates the "illusion" (in a good way) of more varity in weapons and allows more options -- just like in reality (but, yes, I know Soldat is not supposed to be entirely life-like).
-the "burst" option could prehaps stop at the self-bink threshold allowing players to be more accurate
-the semi option would give "extra" power to a shot which proves to be useful

Fairness:

-Between the modified guns: each option would have own rof (fastest to slowest: auto, burst, semi) but that is compansated by the power of each mode. Accurate players would use semi and not so accurate players use auto with the mid-class using burst.

-With Other Guns: consider logic (and the use of mathimatical proofs seeing as how this relies on the above comment)-- if you leave the auto mode power and rof the same (as in a modified [AK74] in auto mode would have the same rof and power as one now) and all the modes of fire are "equal" (justified by my statement above) then the modified [AK74] will balance exactly the same to the other guns as they do now.

Critizism:

-Argument: the modified guns would be like having 3 guns in one
 Justification: no, see. If mode1 = the gun we have now and mode1 = mode2 = mode3 then the guns are in equality

-Argument: not needed
 Justification: this would enchance the gameplay of Soldat. Players like options. And would add skill and well as quick thinking to the mind of the player seeing as how they'd have to quickly "calculate" the situation as use the apporitte mode. Plus, blood isn't need either. That, like this, is to enhance exprience.

-Argument: semi mode already exists, just click once
 Justification: but one of the reasons for this is not only so you CAN do it but you MUST do it. This creates a new layer of player exprience keeping the game fun.

Drawbacks (any thoughts on a way to "fix" these 'cause I think this will be a really good addition if we can pull it off):

-you can actually have semi in auto mode: just click once
-if you shoot burst and then switch to semi for the last 2 or 3 shots you'll kill faster than w/o switching (suggestion: prehaps switching modes takes time so that this will be fair)

WHAT ARE YOU'RE THOUGHTS?

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Re: Option of Firing Modes
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 06:28:25 pm »
My thoughts are that this kind of stuff is useless. Soldat is so fast game, that I do not see real meaning for stuff like that. Also, you can do bursts now, and semis. Those modes would need extra balancing aswell.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Lifeā„¢
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 08:36:47 pm »
IRL, guns don't become more powerful when they're fired slowly; they become more accurate.  :P But for the record, this would cause balance issues a-plenty and would unbalance the game. People are already using the AK in 'semi-automatic' mode as it fires as fast as you click.

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Napalmi

• Camper
  • Oh man I shot marvin in the face!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 02:58:33 am »
nosupport/

this is useless cuz u indeed can do semis/bursts/full auto's with only clicking your mouse in different speed...

Balls Removed. Check Forum Rules <---thats why u need to obey.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 04:22:40 pm »
I agree with the suggestion for an option of firing mode, but not with the fact that different modes change gun's statistics. That's stupid.

This is, of course, assuming that changing firing modes is possible with the way weapons are coded, which I am guessing is not.

If not this would be a cool thing to be able to mod a weapon with.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Mr.Morose

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 05:03:36 pm »
Oh, wow, sorry I asked...

Man these people know how to shoot ideas down...

BUT -- but I understand. Yeah, I guess it'd be kinda stupid. But just tryin' it out to see if some other peps would like it. Oh, well.

Mr.Morose walks out and turns to develop his new suggestion.

TY for the feedback

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 07:32:01 pm »
Kinda useless for Soldat, it works good for other games but not Soldat.