Author Topic: 1.5b comments  (Read 17128 times)

Offline Morik

• Major
Re: 1.5b comments
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 07:52:38 pm »
I also agree with blades proposal with the nades.

Btw beta team, please don't listen to the post before this, about the ak sucking already.
::::
www.u13.net
www.fracturedsoldat.com
www.ubuntu.com
Proud Admin of Fractured Network, competitive North American soldat community.

Offline Gortaak

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2007, 08:05:54 pm »
Yeah, The AK got hit really hard here, -10 dmg, isnt it supposed to be the most damaging auto, at expence of RoF and reload time? I read somewhere that someone said that it actually has +.25% damage over time, now what is this time? The whole clip? If so, that is completly useless because it doesnt take a whole clip to kill someone.
I wrote that. The damage was decreased 9,7%, while the RoF was increased 10.0%, which results in more damage over time. Also I never touched the reload time. What balance are you looking at? >_>

I noticed that it does 1 point of damage more than the mp5, and almost the same amount of bink.
You'll go blind from staring at the values...
Projectile strength = Damage * Speed
Selfbink growth = ( (-Bink) - Fireinterval ) / Fireinterval

As Zam had said, make the weapons more potent, ballance isnt just making every gun weaker, mebey make them a bit stronger, If the AK was overpowering the other autos, make them stronger to keep up, not nerf the ak really bad, then slightly nerf the rest of the autos on top of it.
Indeed. Look at the changelog.

The ak always had the Slow reload time, im not saying you touched it, I was saying that the ak, Had the most damage, at the expence of RoF and Reload time. Now its nothing like it was, All the changes on it make it hoorible, The slow RoF was great, it made it easier to aim, and made it more accurate.

And as for a 4 year olds comment, it didnt really suck in 1.3.1 it was a great gun, if used right, it was never a rushing gun, more of a support gun. The Ak used to have its role, now it has none, because what ever you think it can do, one of the other autos can do better, the ak is nothign but a pea shooter now in my opinion.

Edit: i also edited my last post with what I think after i tested it out.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 08:10:04 pm by Gortaak »
Image removed, please read the forum rules. <--- wee i dont care
 -Grishnak -Insurgent -Atrophy

.:*DETH*:.

Offline Extacide

• Soldier
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2007, 09:36:35 pm »
Why would the AK be taking a nerf to its damage and increased ROF? I agree, its being turned into a Minimi. The balance between autos is being destroyed. =/ AK was the slow but powerful auto, Minimi was the faster but not as powerful, steyr was the fast mid-long range auto and HK the fast close-mid range auto. Mixing them up is not a good idea. =/ Toning them down/up for balance is fine but when such major changes are made~

As for Blade's comment on knife, I 100% agree. Knife needs more speed.

~Heroes may come and go, but legends will never die~

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2007, 09:47:17 pm »
mar77a. One thing MM asked us not to do was fiddle with barret's damage value. It's sacred to him like jasmine rice with sweet'n'sour sauce.

Im a barretard and that's possibly the best news i could receive on the new balance ^_^

Date Posted: February 11, 2007, 06:43:58 PM
Also, can't the 3 autos balance be mathematical? It'd be pretty simple...

Date Posted: February 11, 2007, 06:45:46 PM
And knife is fine, it's mid-range. For mid-long range use socom, for long use LAW, for really short (and fun) use chainsaw.

Offline Poop

• Camper
    • SCTFL
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2007, 10:58:06 pm »
And knife is fine, it's mid-range. For mid-long range use socom, for long use LAW, for really short (and fun) use chainsaw.

I agree with mar77a on this one. I personally believe that in a perfect world every weapon would be used the same amount as every other. Considering that, when knife is the secondary used by 40% of poeple, or the most used secondary, I wouldnt want to make it better.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstien

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2007, 11:33:35 pm »
More people use knife because in regular 3v3 scrims, it's the best weapon to take out 2 guys without doing miracles. I believe however, Chainsaw needs something to be made more popular. I use it on some maps, like ash but it's just not as effective as the knife. I remember once fisting the chainsaw out of Freeze's hands in nuubia and then killing him with it. I don't think that should be possible, give it unlimitted ammo back, and always 1 hit kill.

Offline Blade

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 05:22:29 am »
by no means was the Ak weak, but it was perfect the way it was.

Offline Mancer

• Camper
  • Legacy of Poontage
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2007, 07:55:32 am »
Ruger: Doesn't need a change!

M79: PLEASE Listen to poop.
I have a Mac so I can't play with you guys no more :(
(psst MM make a Mac version)

Offline phaylanx

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2007, 11:12:04 am »
I'll just summarize my view.

Ruger : Leave Ruger
Barret : Bink+20-40 for Barret, if you're being shot you shouldn't be able to hit.
Ak : -2 power is all it needs really.
Minigun : Make it much less self binked, up the power by 5.
Knife : +2 speed
Nades : -4 speed, +10 fire interval, you shouldn't be able to drop your entire nade belt at once...

i like some of these ideas, except the barret, your suggestion would make it about as useful as the chainsaw...  not everyone can shoot people the second they appear on the screen, only the truly great players your used to facing can.
don't completely destroy this weapon, just make a sensible change please.  can everyone remember when 1.3.0 came out and the barret had its radical changes?... well everyone said it was nerfed, but now its the best gun in the game.  heh i don't think so.

a change to nades would bring a fresh feeling to the game, i think its a great idea.

the ruger, as many have said, is pretty damn good the way it is.  i don't use it much, but its easy enough to pick up and play very well with.

the m79 suggestions seem pretty fair.  it will be nice to not get noobed out with it on u13 for once.

i don't see how people keep saying the ak is so overpowered, try facing some new school clans like DC where they all use steyr... that weapon is incredible in the right hands.  my primary concern with the autos is pretty simple though, and that is they should all have a unique feel, while maintaining a balanced feel.  ROF shouldn't be similar, nor damage.  Make it exciting to be able to select a different auto, and use it for specific situations.  Nobody would enjoy a bunch of guns that all feel similar.

i have tried the new balance on a server to really get a feel for it, and i like the fact that you guys are making fairly subtle changes, nothing to extreme.

but on another note shouldn't weapon balance be the least of our concerns.  i still dream of the day that 99% of my shots register and the list of bugs becomes smaller than the Qur'an.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 11:46:48 am by phaylanx »

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 12:36:05 pm »
Chainsaw needs something to be made more popular.
More damage, Higher range? o_O
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Offline X-Master

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2007, 01:47:48 pm »
autos : good changes
deagles / ruger: good changes
barret: needs more bink or prepare for whoring next version
spas: like this one

law: pretty good change
knife: should be faster

thats all

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2007, 02:13:36 pm »
Isn't ruger already defined as overpowered in 1.3.1 when used in right hands? Most damage over the time.. ;O No other weapon can kill faster than ruger with 2 shots. (excluding Knife/M72 and barrett/M79)

If ruger had no bink, no one would use anything else. So, now you need AUG to beat ruger, to be able to bink it.

Now I think that my 3 years of learning AK is completely ruined. ;/
Fight! Win! Prevail!

5th_account

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2007, 02:56:36 pm »
Isn't ruger already defined as overpowered in 1.3.1 when used in right hands? Most damage over the time.. ;O No other weapon can kill faster than ruger with 2 shots. (excluding Knife/M72 and barrett/M79)
Don't forget deagles, spas and chainsaw =)

If ruger had no bink, no one would use anything else. So, now you need AUG to beat ruger, to be able to bink it.
Ruger virtually has no bink. It's almost impossible to bink a ruger user to a level where the bullet would noticable sway off course before death struck. Not sure why they even left it there. It just makes people try to bink and spray them.

Now I think that my 3 years of learning AK is completely ruined. ;/
Didn't you pick anything up the first year? Ak had a fireinterval of 10 through every version up to and including 1.2.1. No one thought it was a wnb minimi or steyr.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 02:59:30 pm by 5th_account »

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2007, 04:03:42 pm »
Let us all look at the nerfage of the Ak from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1 and to 1.5b testing
[Ak-74]
Damage=122
FireInterval=10
Ammo=40
ReloadTime=150
Speed=240
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=3
MovementAcc=1
This was pretty powerful, but then again, so was the barret...
[Ak-74]
Damage=113
FireInterval=11
Ammo=40
ReloadTime=150
Speed=240
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-40
MovementAcc=1
Changes:
Damage -9
Fire interval +1
bink changed by 43
These are pretty reasonable changes, because with the newly changed barret and such... exept maybe the bink.
Beta balance
[Ak-74]
Damage=103
FireInterval=10
Ammo=40
ReloadTime=150
Speed=240
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-19
MovementAcc=2
Recoil=0
Changes since 1.3.1:
Damage -10 (already established, but since 1.2.1 it has been -19, way too far!)
Fire interval reset back to 10
bink 21 less then 1.3.1 (or more, since it was -40 and is now -21, but for this instance we are improving accuracy so this is an improvement)
Movementacc +1 (we traded bink for movement acc, this is turning into a support gun... aka minimi)

Overall, it has taken huge damage losses since 1.2.1 where it was considered one of the very good weapons, now nobody uses it because it downright sucks.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • All you hate!
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 04:52:27 pm »
4 year old, are you just looking at the stats, or are you playing this ak? It shreds poles faster than it did before, and this is the way it's going to be able to rival with the sped up weaponry of the new version.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 05:05:11 pm »
4 year old, are you just looking at the stats, or are you playing this ak? It shreds poles faster than it did before, and this is the way it's going to be able to rival with the sped up weaponry of the new version.
I played it, its just a hybrid of the Aug and minimi. It used to be way more importaint to have accuracy and deaths would be just as fast.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

5th_account

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 05:54:27 pm »
What does the Ak's stats from 1.2.1 have to do with anything? The deagles lost 35 or so units in damage. And it shoots two bullets. So that's 70 units. <-- same shittarse logic

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 06:59:48 pm »
What does the Ak's stats from 1.2.1 have to do with anything? The deagles lost 35 or so units in damage. And it shoots two bullets. So that's 70 units. <-- same ****tarse logic
Wel, he probably meant that Ak has been nerfed alot over the time, and that the nerfing still continues. But so is Ruger nerfer aswell, just like Barrett, AUG, Deagles MP5 and every other weapon in the game. And not to mention, the balance as not perfect in 1.2.1, it was perfect for Deagle and Mp5 users. :P
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Atticus

• Major
  • Always outnumbered, but never outgunned.
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 08:43:23 pm »
I think that we can agree that any weapon can seem overpowered when used by the right person, but I must agree with the others. The Barret needs some sort of change. You can trust me when I say that the majority of players posting in this thread are experienced clan players. I believe that the clan scene has been ignored for the most part in previous tests and I hope you guys will take us into consideration this time. The barret shouldn't be completely destroyed, but it needs to be weakened. It just doesn't make any sense to leave an easy/strong weapon the same and weaken the majority of the rest. I can also agree with the grenade issue. Clanwars always turn into a nade-fest and I think this is a good opportunity for a change, whatever it may be.
.phx .bot+ {B}{H} NS - nv` .dfa s/0][ /HS/- </ sk:// `SL - c'n's R7. |LP| Slams&Jams-

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2007, 08:49:11 pm »
Hey, everyone that posted so far are people active in the clan warring community, and yes, barret DEFINITELY needs some more tweakin' to weaken...
Kekeke...just had to fix it.

The only weapons I have gripes about, are the M79 and Barret (oh no...another noob whine >_>). Look at every server stat website around, and you will see these two weapons at the top of the list. In other words...EASIEST WEAPONS IN THE GAME. one hit kill weapons are always good to have, but with Soldat being so fast-paced, theres no need for these unfair advantages....
Fix these weapons with longer reload, less damage....or lotsa bink ;)
Just another soul to burn.