Author Topic: Some ideas for a game ???  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
Re: Some ideas for a game ???
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 01:34:24 pm »
Just woke up now. Krillious, what your doing right now is flaming. So for the love of god, stop.

Will, there are plenty of tutorials for RPG Toolkit : in fact the manual that comes with the program is a basic tutorial that covers scripting, sprites and all that jazz. Just look under 'Library:Tutorials' on their website and your half way there ;)

And to answer your question on why everyone hates game makers : many people who are programmers here (maybe Krillious, definately EnEsCe) spent years trying to learn their art. They put effort, time, and money into their ideas and generaly end up with something that looks like crap but builds character. Now a bunch of retarded script kiddies with fifteen minutes free time can top what they've done while also skewing the whole 'artistic' idea of programming. So that's my theory :).

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 01:46:54 pm »
And to answer your question on why everyone hates game makers

Eh, I program a bit of VB and Ruby, and Gamemaker is actually an outstanding program. It has a simple event driven drag and drop programming style, and allows you to script if needed. Excellent for people like Will here who just want to focus on making the game. Gamemaker has put out some truly awesome games, like Hovendall Tactics. I was involved in a Decorate your Own Christmas tree applet a few years back.

Try gamemaker at www.gamemaker.nl

They also have an excellent community.

Is the game itself going to be like an adventure, or more of a deathmatch type thing like Soldat?

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 02:03:31 pm »
The game will be an singleplayer RPG. I'll try to make it non-linear.
I'll try to make it with RPG maker and when I'm done with it in a couple of months(read years :D)

In time to time I'll try learning some c++(when I get bored of game making) since I know some people who can help me with it and I actually know how to programm in QBasic and I would learn it to create something more serious than just a game. But if I want to make a game and if it turns out to be good it won't matter with what did I made it with, won't it?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 02:06:05 pm by Will »

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2007, 02:33:31 pm »
nah i dont know anything about programming, but i wanted to make a game once too and decided to try and use rpgmaker, and it ended up being a waste of time so i'm just telling will to not even try so he doesn't waste his time too
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 02:37:04 pm by Krillious »

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 04:05:52 pm »
Well I finally opened this topic and find krillious flames... awsome. Krillious has now joined the warned club. Give him a hand everyone he has his first warning! Let me take this time to tell you guys to use the report to moderator button. Helps me out since I don't want to read every single post in the lounge. =/
@ii

Offline VijchtiDoodah

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
    • Stan Yeti Rave?
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 02:00:57 pm »
Spam by Krillious and Will deleted.  Krillious, if you have a problem with a mod's judgment of your posts, please contact them via PM instead of inside another thread.

Will, thanks, but try not to feed the trolls. ;)

"“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”"