Author Topic: Make soldat fair  (Read 2469 times)

Offline boer

• Major
Make soldat fair
« on: June 24, 2006, 06:44:33 pm »
Since shots that dont register = lost packets , and lost packets is related to ping (larger geographical distance means higher probibility of lost packet) , and all this has f-all to do with player skill, it makes sense that a new collumn should be added to show the UNhandicapped scores of player, so if a player has 400 ping, his Unhandicapped score whould be 1.5 times his real score, if a player has 33 ping, his Unhandicapped score whould be 1.01 times his real score?

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: Make soldat fair
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 07:01:03 pm »
why can't people just play in servers they ping well to?

Offline Yukwunhang

• Major
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 08:19:20 pm »
Because people in those servers are retards and provide absolute no challenge to me.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 08:20:41 pm »
I think that basing someone's "handicap" on their ping is a very bad idea.

If that's true that they pose no challenge for you, then you shouldn't need a handicap when you go play on other servers ;)

Offline Bugs Revenge

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 12:52:00 am »
"Since shots that dont register = lost packets "
Well that's wrong. all your packets getting into the server after all, when a packet is lost your computer is just sending a new one. the problem is actualy the ping which makes the shots not registered.
I'm from Israel, my ping in Europe is 100-120. I'm just fine with this ping and got used to it so stop always look at scores, they means nothing! get some skills and get used to your ping.

another thing is that 400 pinged person would ruin all the other players so he should be kicked :P