Author Topic: Question(s)  (Read 2135 times)

Offline K@O$

• Major(1)
Question(s)
« on: June 24, 2006, 07:45:27 pm »
Im a windows user and whenever i try to play on a linux server my computer freezes about 2 mins. in. Is it possible to play on a linux server without my comp freezing or am i stuck playing on windows based servers.

P.S. are most of the ppl on this site running linux

P.S.S. is dodgeball a mod i have to download in order to see the games on the server lists or do i load the dodgeball mod when i play on the server running a dodgeball game.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: Question(s)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 07:55:28 pm »
btw its PPS not PSS ;)

first off, I don't see why your computer would only freeze on a linux server.  What makes you think this is the case?

second, only a handful of people on this site run linux (look at the forum stats thread to see the visitor info)

lastly, dodgeball is just a specific set of server settings and map types that allow dodgeball to work, so all you have to do is join a server running dodgeball settings and that has map downloading enabled

edit: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=662.0
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 07:58:19 pm by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline K@O$

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 02:03:58 pm »
the reason i say my comp only freezes on linux servers is because whenever i go on a linux server my comp freezes in about a minute but then i try to go on a windows server and evrything is fine.

and the reason i thought dodgeball was a mod was because i kept seeing people talk about dodgeball on the forums but whenever i looked for dodgeball on the server lists i could never find any servers that ran it.

Offline K@O$

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 12:48:39 pm »
so does anybody know why my comp freezes on linux server

p.s. it doesnt just freeze occasionally it freezes every single time i go on a linux server

Offline K@O$

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 04:03:02 pm »
nvm my comp doesnt freeze on linux servers anymore

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 04:09:24 pm »
Triple post, please don't.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 04:15:12 pm »
Even for a new user, its not THAT hard to see the "modify" button.  :-\

« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 04:18:16 pm by SDFilm »

Burning scarfs since 1988