Author Topic: QuickDraw.  (Read 1279 times)

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
QuickDraw.
« on: January 28, 2007, 10:47:49 am »
(I have no idea what section to put this in...please move it if its in the wrong forum)
Sorta got the idea from the old western movies.

A new gamemode idea, I call it Quick Draw.

Its simple.
Its a 1v1, flat map. You spawn with hands, and a socom with only 1 bullet, and lots of damage. 3-4 second timer, and then both players have to quickly swap to socom, and shoot the other. Quickest Draw wins.
Old western type maps, and a Magnum, or any other 6 shot revolver type mods would make this a blast.
What makes this even more fun, is that you can shoot at the other person, and if you miss...you can switch to fists...and bash each other to death. A 15 second reload on the socom for this could be used as well.

Discuss....

Just another soul to burn.

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
Re: QuickDraw.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 10:58:53 am »
ye that sounds awesome
here's my idea, the script randomly selects 2 people to duel then when they are done, the winner willstay and continue fighting while the loser goes to spectate

or just make it a team match, thus there will be 4 spawns and 2 levels, and maybe the script changes the teams every now and then

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 11:06:35 am »
It isn't the same with teams. The script selecting the 2 randoms sounds good though.

Offline zase8

• Major
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 03:54:09 pm »
That sounds awesome, although I think you should have a really long reload on the soccom, so that after you miss, you HAVE to use fists. Also, I think the people should somehow be restricted to staying on the ground. Otherwise, it would be pretty hard to kill someone with a single shot and most of the duels would end up being fists fights. Maybe make the maps really narrow rectangles, so that the players don't have much head room.

Something like this:
_________________________________________________ _______________
|                                                                                                                             |
|            0                                                                             0                                |
|           /|\                                                                           /|\                               |
|______/\______________________________________/\________________|   

EDIT: wow, that looks screwed up, but you still get the idea right?

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 04:43:27 pm »
actually thinking about it, if it was just a flat map it would be just boring, how about have some cover, but the map is still one screen size, but if the dude misses he can go for cover and it becomes some kind of cowboy shoot out (you know one guy pops up his head and shoots then the other guy, etc )

kinda like this :

Offline colby

• Major(1)
  • party time!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2007, 05:06:38 pm »
nice idea, add some bink, low/no jets and a western map and youve got a new game mode, the only draw back is that the maps would almost all be the same.
favorite weapons: Styer, and Ruger

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 06:52:42 pm »
Yep. The maps with cover are a good idea.
The thing that worries me is...if someone were to put the time into this, it would die out quickly (like Duckhunt and Dodgeball).
Any ways to keep this alive if it were to be worked on?

are there any scripters that could do a "prototype" for us?

Offline colby

• Major(1)
  • party time!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 07:01:17 pm »
Yep. The maps with cover are a good idea.
The thing that worries me is...if someone were to put the time into this, it would die out quickly (like Duckhunt and Dodgeball).
Any ways to keep this alive if it were to be worked on?

are there any scripters that could do a "prototype" for us?
yeah LAWS maps died even faster than any of those maps
favorite weapons: Styer, and Ruger