Author Topic: Zero Factor  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
Zero Factor
« on: February 10, 2007, 08:07:55 pm »
I'm working on a sort of action movie mod called "Zero Factor". It's going to have all of the action movie must-haves, like unrealistic amounts of blood and huge muzzle flashes.
I actually have enough done to post a demo, but I don't feel like it and I still have some stuff to do, of course.
Suggestions? Comments?
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline The Trooper [GN`R]

• Soldier
  • Chinese Democracy Starts Now
Re: Zero Factor
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 10:30:23 pm »
 :-\
What`s Zero Factor?
Do you make from different movies the guns which were used?
where do you get the sounds, you can`t use the sounds from the movie or do you? ;)
I would like to have weapons from Scarface, Terminator, Gangster films like Good Fellas or Once Upon A Time In America (Thompson, M16....)
Or don`t I understand you ;D
Show me please something you`ve done!!!
Image removed; please read forum rules regarding signature size.

Offline Hootie hoo

• Camper
  • "Noone" isn't a word.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 02:29:14 pm »
Zero Factor is just the name of the mod. I made it up. It sounds cool.

I got kind of lazy and named the guns things like "SMG" and "Minigun". The most original weapon is the SOCOM, which I named the "Neo-Magnum".

I gotthe souns from FPSBanana.

I might have screenshots later today.
Image removed please read the forum rules.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 04:13:28 pm »
Make the WM have no bink or movement accuracy, so the player shoots perfectly accurate even when moving - like in a real action movie!
I'm looking forward to seeing what you have done, this is the most interesting idea for a mod I've heard in a while.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 04:35:25 pm »
Actualy Xtishereb, even when the Bink and Movement Accuracy are at zero there's still a little varriation in the spray.

The preferred outcome of war is peace. Ironic, huh ?
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 06:42:26 pm »
... even on perfectly flat ground?

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2007, 06:48:47 pm »
You know very well that it doesn't apply when perfectaly flat on the ground :). If you move at all, even a Movement Acc of 0 will still bink you a tad. But not enough that the crosshair moves significantly.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Aliquam auctor lectus pulvinar neque. Vestibulum commodo nisl convallis nisi. Aliquam in magna. Quisque orci. Duis sed nunc eu quam egestas feugiat. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Nulla auctor turpis non urna. Sed porttitor. Donec et dui non odio.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2007, 07:40:25 pm »
What do you mean "bink you a tad?" Bink is set at 0. We're talking about the bullets' trajectory...

And I know some weapons act funny like that (like the D'Eagles, where one pair of bullets out of the seven seems to deviate off in a weird direction, or the first few shots of a Steyr), but have you tried all of them?

Offline Raithah

• Camper
  • Life™
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2007, 07:52:59 pm »
Here, it's a demo.

When I stand up the bullets spread, when I'm lying down they don't. That's what I was trying to say :).