Author Topic: Crowning Map Leaders  (Read 1590 times)

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
Crowning Map Leaders
« on: June 26, 2006, 08:11:59 pm »
Okay, small improvement I'm thinking of, but it would let new-comers on the map to know who to look out for and respect.

The person who had the most kills last map will have a golden crown next to their name in the scores screen when you press F1. At the end of the map, when it shows your scores automatically, it will show the "King" of that map, and if the King was different this map, a new person would be crowned king and the previous king would have a red crown next to their name, showing they left the dominant position. and when the next map starts, the red crown disappears and the last map leader has the crown again. tada. like this idea?

Offline Jester

• Major(1)
Re: Crowning Map Leaders
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 09:14:37 pm »
I dont know.  I see no real purpose for it but to show off. lol. I say no
Ill Kill You Until You Die From It ;-P

"I once pwn3d n00bs for three days straight. And in those days we didn't get no easy pwns, we had to work for everyone. Now you rascals think that just anybody can pwn. Well it just ain't so son, it just ain't so."

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 09:17:55 pm »
yah I agree with jester, theres no real need to add this.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 09:19:35 pm »
why not?  this is one of those simple, non-complex suggestions that adds more detail to soldat (not graphicwise lol) - it shouldn't be hard at all for MM to code!
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Nightcrawler

• Soldier
  • www.aussoldat.com
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 02:49:03 am »
Would it be just kills, or points? Because if it was points that would include captures in CTF, and sometimes the leaders don't actually have that many kills.
But, for the purpose of showing off, i vote yes!
I rule.
IGN: vK:\\ Deadpool

Offline Alamo

• Major(1)
  • Soldat since 105b
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 07:55:06 am »
I like it, nice. Maybe together with an option that gives people who kill the crowned fellow more points ^^

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 09:26:04 am »
hmm... i didnt think about it if it should just count kills... i think it should just count how many points+kills, make it simpler. Even if you didnt get alot of kills, at least you capped alot for your team... yeah. but no extra points for killin king lol , that would be unfair. i just want the crown so people know whos good and whos not lol.