Author Topic: Gamemode  (Read 1970 times)

Offline -{Phoenix}-

• Major
  • /<**
Gamemode
« on: June 25, 2006, 08:57:58 am »
I'd like to see a new gamemode, one thats 100% fun.

I thought of a game like Hide and Seek.

One team are on the run with no guns, trying to get into the other teams base to destroy an objective. The other team have to hunt them down, with guns, killing them before tehy do destroy the objective.

something like that :) if you get me.
FEAR - fear is not to be feared - fear is edge - fear keeps you on your toes - fear keeps one eye open when you sleep - fear adds caution to courage - conquer fear and fear is not your foe, its your friend.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
Re: Gamemode
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 09:01:08 am »
It does not sound fun, IMO.  Because the "hunted" has an objective to capture, and since they have no guns, hunters will just camp near the objective, waiting for their prey.

And thus, everyone will move to hunters.

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline jbigz

• Camper
  • Tasty
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 01:56:44 pm »
no, i think he means that like the hunters start on the far right of the map. the hunted start a little bit in front of them to the left. the hunted do a crazy dash left until they reach their objective or get killed. this idea sounds good on paper, but the way it would be fair for both teams would be hard. its not guns im worried about. its where the teams spawn. it you spawn the hunted too far away, theyll always make it away. it you spawn them to close to the hunters, you can guess what happens, unless its a tiny map. id like to see a mod of this just to see how it works.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 02:04:53 pm »
don sound fun - but soldat definitely needs a new unique and different game mode
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Eden

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 03:26:51 pm »
Hmmmmmmmm................

How about a "Quick draw" mode?

The players could be pitted against each other in Fairly small arenas, and at the start of the game they are frozen for a few seconds (Maybe with a church bell going of in the background). After the seconds are up, the players are released, and the last Player standing wins.......
Is that what you ordered?

Offline Zegovia

• Flagrunner
  • Blow like a storm, burst like steam.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 03:32:26 pm »
I have an idea, how about that the prey players will have to reach one of several flags on the map, and when they reach those, they respawn as a hunter, and one of the hunters will then be randomly selected and respawned as a prey.... and they will then have to reach the hunter flags...

And to make it more funny, that the flags will only work when they glow, then the flags will the be glowing in a random order for x number of seconds.... will probably prevent flagcamping also...

The hunters will then gain X points for killing a prey player and just the normal one point for killing other hunters...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 03:53:46 pm by Zegovia »

Offline Eden

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 03:51:16 pm »
That would be something new.........
Is that what you ordered?

Offline -{Phoenix}-

• Major
  • /<**
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2006, 02:16:02 pm »
yea, zegovia got a pretty fun idea. :D after all this gamemode will be for fun.
FEAR - fear is not to be feared - fear is edge - fear keeps you on your toes - fear keeps one eye open when you sleep - fear adds caution to courage - conquer fear and fear is not your foe, its your friend.

Offline Jester

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 10:04:12 pm »
I say no because even though it sounds kinda fun i think the people wit no guns would get crushed because the other team could just open fire even though they couldnt see them.
Ill Kill You Until You Die From It ;-P

"I once pwn3d n00bs for three days straight. And in those days we didn't get no easy pwns, we had to work for everyone. Now you rascals think that just anybody can pwn. Well it just ain't so son, it just ain't so."

Offline DeMo

• Soldier
  • Stay Metal! \m/
    • Encoder 2002
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 11:44:35 am »
Damn... yet another "hunter vs hunted" topic...

<@Evil-Ville> Expect a picture of Chakra` holding his fleshlight soon!