Poll

Do you want it to be possible to use the old survival mode (versions before 1.3) as a server side option?

Yes - I would like that to be poissilbe
10 (90.9%)
No - I do not want it to be possilbe
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: "autocid"  (Read 2401 times)

Offline sakae

• Soldier
"autocid"
« on: February 21, 2007, 11:26:44 am »
I miss the old survival without autocid (auto selfkill at end of round).
the game play was alot better and you could save weapons. and run into a good position. and also it was capture the flag at that time. now it isnt really allowed to score teh flag.

why not just make it impossible to capture the oppoenent flag for 10 sec of a new round? and if everyone in both teams dies the round starts over again.

ok. I just want too see what people thinks about the new and the old Survival mode.

My opinion is Yes. if you want to know why I put yes you can read the text above.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 03:25:30 pm by sakae »

Offline As Always

• Soldier
  • ZAKK WYLDE WOOOO
Re: "autocid"
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 06:35:21 am »
I would LOVE to see this implemented. Er, Re-implemented. At minimum, have it as a server side option. Along with the reasons you stated, it messes with your stats!

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 06:58:25 am »
I highly agree with sakae and really wish that this would be implemented. Full support!

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 07:06:28 am »
bad thing is that I dont think michal looks at these topics :P. but I really really miss this. I remember once I had 160 score and0 deaths :).and a Barrett + AK

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2007, 07:15:55 am »
Send an e-mail to MM. :P

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2007, 10:13:34 am »
Its not gonna get re-implemented.

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2007, 11:12:22 am »
why not? the new game play in R/S sucks  pretty hard.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2007, 01:07:30 pm »
I would LOVE to see this implemented. Er, Re-implemented. At minimum, have it as a server side option. Along with the reasons you stated, it messes with your stats!

Offline Michal Marcinkowski

• Creator of Soldat
  • Flagrunner
  • I ain't got time to bleed.
    • Soldat home page
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 07:29:28 am »
I think it would be easy to make it a server side option. We'll see.

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 08:35:53 am »
Instead of dying, couldn't the soldats last a little bit longer, and just get teleported back to base? Or would that interfere with telehack prevention?

Edit: Oh- wait. Lag could cause the flag to stay with a player on teleport... I'm sure we don't want that.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 09:11:09 am »
i think the auto selfkills are not counted as deaths in the stats

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 01:06:23 pm »
acctaully they do mess with it a little. but when you count K/D ratio you only counts kills and deaths caused by other players (except all the kills that makes one to make a selfkill) and the self kills wont matter. but still all your selfkills will get counted.

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 11:28:36 pm »
I think that Survival CtF matches could get around the "Death after round" factor through objective. Simply get the enemy flag to your flag. However, the conflict through that is that a person doesnt nessesarily have to get the flag to your flag. This can be overcomed by adding a time limit to getting the flag to your base. If you fail, the opposing team gets a point! Its like karmic retribution!

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 02:22:47 am »
Yes, I will lke to see it implemented again. Although I don't play survival as much as I used too, I would like to see the old mode as an option again... ;D
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 08:34:05 am »
Yeah, also I would like the old pick up weapon system without autoreload. it was so much fun just to never reload :).

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2007, 09:04:30 am »
it's a rather ez solution w/o coding!
Firstly, these self kills don't count toward your death in the score board.  They make you gain a death on the scoreboard for like a second and then it goes back...

Anyways, the idea w/o coding:
play r/s ctf not in the actual ctf maps.  In other words, the only option you have is to kill the enemy like a survival teammatch - except it's only TWO TEAMS (woot).  I've played on such a server once and it was rly fun.  On top of that, you also get points based on surviving each round...
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2007, 05:31:46 pm »
ehm.. why not play normal team match then? just make a script that automatecly puts everyone who attempts to join delta/charlie team to either alpha or bravo.

and also check a stats list. I dont think ppl commit suicide taht often.. I eman seruiously who do you think commit like 70 suicides when his death count is like 280?
all sucides gets counted in the stat lists.

and I want the old gun pick up!! :'(

Offline Axel

• Soldier
  • =AC.= Axel// Assasin Corps Lieutenant
    • Assassin Corps
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 07:59:43 am »
However, the conflict through that is that a person doesnt nessesarily have to get the flag to your flag. This can be overcomed by adding a time limit to getting the flag to your base. If you fail, the opposing team gets a point! Its like karmic retribution!

I think that the best improvement to r/s concerning how it used to work, is that there ought to be a timer on the flag. you have to get it back in say, a minute, or you die and the other guy wins. this would eliminate the old stalemate problem to a degree. I too like the old system, before I moved and lost internet connection,(hschool comp now).
later
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 08:02:12 am by Axel »

Without ignorance there is no true happiness.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 03:30:53 pm »
i think the auto selfkills are not counted as deaths in the stats
Who cares about stats anyway? At least I could not care the less about my, or someone elses stats on a public server.
Fight! Win! Prevail!