Author Topic: Accused of Cheating  (Read 2656 times)

Offline christn

• Major(1)
Accused of Cheating
« on: February 25, 2007, 12:40:37 am »
Hi there,

I've been playing Soldat for a few years now and I'm certainly not new to accusations of being a cheater. I even remember getting banned on some servers after being accused of cheating.  ::)

My weapon of choice is a Barret, with the secondary weapon as either a Combat Knife or the USSOCOM.  :D

I've recently re-installed and gotten back into playing Soldat. However, in nearly every single server I've played since then (usually CTFs and INFs), I've been accused of cheating. I'm accused most of the time of having no delay on my Barret, and of shooting twice. No less than 3 players claimed to hear the double shot in a single server, with the same accusation thrown at me in other servers.

By the sheer number of people questioning whether I play legitimately or not, I'm guessing it's not just sour grapes at being killed too often. How then do I find out what is causing this appearance of "double shot".

I have never used bots and I don't have any mods installed. I'm a registered user as well. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
Re: Accused of Cheating
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 01:21:26 am »
I think a lag bug causes two shots to be fired, occasionally. What kind of internet connection do you have? No delay is just whining.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 01:22:23 am »
Stop playing in public servers, problem solved.

Offline Chakra

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 01:28:23 am »
Both of the above I believe are valid. As for a cure or a positive reason to the two-shot bug I often see, I can't say I know. In a layman understanding, i'd say its just the server picking up 'shadows' of information already sent.... could be a problem with the client or the server, but lag is often in relation from my experience.
MM; seriously Chakra, stop the fisting
Yes, I'm still alive.

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 05:22:57 am »
well sad for you. you cant get unbanned on the servers.once banned always banned. or maybe the max ban time is a year? or half a year?

or you can try to ask soembody to enter teh server get in contact with the admin adn then ask for an unban.

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 04:19:08 pm »
Hi there,

I've been playing Soldat for a few years now and I'm certainly not new to accusations of being a cheater. I even remember getting banned on some servers after being accused of cheating.  ::)

My weapon of choice is a Barret, with the secondary weapon as either a Combat Knife or the USSOCOM.  :D

I've recently re-installed and gotten back into playing Soldat. However, in nearly every single server I've played since then (usually CTFs and INFs), I've been accused of cheating. I'm accused most of the time of having no delay on my Barret, and of shooting twice. No less than 3 players claimed to hear the double shot in a single server, with the same accusation thrown at me in other servers.

By the sheer number of people questioning whether I play legitimately or not, I'm guessing it's not just sour grapes at being killed too often. How then do I find out what is causing this appearance of "double shot".

I have never used bots and I don't have any mods installed. I'm a registered user as well. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like lagg to me..
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Icarius

• Major(1)
  • I still suck.
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 05:44:55 pm »
It's definatly lag. I'm not sure if it's the sound of the shot being played twice or there being two bullets, but the sad truth is that some people are definatly going to see it as cheating. Best thing to do is just try and steer clear of the laggy servers or use other weapons, which will take the focus away from you're apparent "cheating". It's a shame if you're strictly a sniper rifle fetish also because then you're going to have to get used to other weapons simply to compensate.

Offline Horang

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 06:48:38 pm »
Doesn't really matter if you fire two shots or not with a Barret. One shot kills, you can't kill the same corpse twice..

Offline Spec. Ops

• Major
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 08:36:27 pm »
Two shots is lag. The no delay is whining from noobs that toke over soldat.
Also, what mode do u play in normal or realistic?

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 08:51:44 pm »
Well it can be that he held 2 snipers and it lagged so they dint see the weapon swap.. Seems fair to me.
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 09:25:32 pm »
Well it can be that he held 2 snipers and it lagged so they dint see the weapon swap.. Seems fair to me.

With the delay and the time it takes to switch weapons, I doubt that's likely.  Could happen, I suppose.
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Protoman

• Soldier
  • ~whistle~
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 11:08:49 pm »
I was accused of cheating today by someone who shot me twice with a barret and I still killed him. Reason was I was wearing a BP vest and he wasnt the best shot. I didnt get banned, but he was pissed at me throughout the whole game.

Offline christn

• Major(1)
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 01:26:38 am »
Guess there's not much I can do on my end except what's been suggestion. I usually play normal servers. I'm a real clutz and realistic servers kill me sooner than a Barret to the head.

I've got a cable connection. A little over 512 I think. I rarely venture past the 100 ping mark on servers.

All of the times I've been accused of hacking I didn't have two Barrets equipped. I only get the opportunity to get two in deathmatch servers and those are usually with friends who know I do not hack.

Offline Blazesign

• Major(1)
  • K4B00mz0r4H! H34DSH0T!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 07:32:02 am »
Nah, these voters are just unskilled players, who cant see what is real. Aimbot really wouldnt make u so pro, because bullets go lower in air, they dont go same way all the time... and, 2 barret shots, doesnt matter 1 shot kills as Horam sayd.
This place is another planets hell. We all have sin, Because we're here.

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 07:37:59 am »
Yeah, it happens all the time.

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 02:05:26 am »
The other day 3 people accused me of cheating with the  [Barret] in a CTF. I've been banned from 3 servers, one of which I stood and shot a guy from the other team with a barret and they accused me of hacking and kicked me off! That might have been the 2-shot error. ???
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 02:59:41 am »
being vote kick isnt really too annoying. but if they say you shot twice with barret then just change weapon. barrett is a lamer weapon in normal mode anyway.

I know how annyoing hack accusing noobs, I got 3 permanent ban for possible aimbot :/.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 01:02:56 pm »
Do not bring up dead topics.
@ii