Author Topic: Question about new versions  (Read 2248 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
Question about new versions
« on: February 27, 2007, 10:16:53 pm »
is there gonna be some control as to custon mods go?  cuz it gets rly annoying when ur hiding somewhere, say in a TW, and their mods let them see me either b.c the players look bigger or their weapons are bigger... i believe some ppl even mod it to see campers easier etc.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
Re: Question about new versions
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 11:04:15 pm »
Lets just say the appropriate steps are being taken.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 11:09:12 pm »
woot - if this topic would be locked... and i somehow died... it would all be OK......

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 11:44:01 pm »
I made my nades white so I dont accidently step on them, but I can see how this would get annoying if you made gostecs like, really bright white or something.
However, what can you do about it? as long as you can mod soldat there will be misuse.

Offline peemonkey

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 12:51:25 am »
If you play aggressivly enough there's no problem at all.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 01:02:23 am »
If you play aggressivly enough there's no problem at all.
Not everyone plays aggressive. What about the campers that can't find out why they keep getting shot when noone can see them?

Offline sakae

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 11:28:46 am »
sigh this is just like the bug abusing (transparant head) it gives you a lot of advantages and ppl dont get it that it is VERY unfair. transparant head gets atleast 50% advantage.

Offline NinjaNali

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 11:32:39 am »
i think if someone tries that trick there sould be a little line of coding in the game wich doesnt allow them to see. After all if they have no head, they have no eyes either right?
BANZAI!!!!!

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 11:51:27 am »
The head is still there, the only advantage is visual.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 01:19:19 pm »
well, i'm not talking about giving yourself an advantage (by invisible head for example) but rather let other people see you as much bigger so to spot you easier thus giving you a disadvantage relative to them...

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 12:44:21 am »
well, i'm not talking about giving yourself an advantage (by invisible head for example) but rather let other people see you as much bigger so to spot you easier thus giving you a disadvantage relative to them...
you mean like modding the gostek to make it bigger or a bright color? Or make the guns bright? Cause I think that is unfair. Invisible heads dont annoy me too much unless there is camping.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 02:17:22 pm »
you mean like modding the gostek to make it bigger or a bright color? Or make the guns bright? Cause I think that is unfair. Invisible heads dont annoy me too much unless there is camping.

YEAH!  now YOU"RE FEELING ME!

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 03:37:34 pm »
Invisible head doesn't provide any noticeable advantage, you can still shoot it (it's there but transparent), plus if you think it gives you an advantage then why don't you do it? it's perfectly legal.  I think EnEsCe is hinting towards something though, perhaps custom gosteks per player? hmm....

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 08:59:03 am »
Ehh, my weapon are pretty bright, but only because I'm using my mod and all the weapons are bluish...I'm fine with the invisible heads, although having stuff like targeting lines is where I draw the line.

no, seriously. No pun intended :P
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline The Geologist

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 10:39:54 am »
sigh this is just like the bug abusing (transparant head) it gives you a lot of advantages and ppl dont get it that it is VERY unfair. transparant head gets atleast 50% advantage.

Invisible head is not a bug, it doesn't give you any advantage.  Your head is still there and it can still get shot.  Stop coming up with meaningless percents.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams it is
still a beautiful world.  Strive to be happy.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 02:04:46 pm »

Invisible head is not a bug, it doesn't give you any advantage. Your head is still there and it can still get shot. Stop coming up with meaningless percents.

Whil I agree that the percentage is rather meaningless, you cannot deny the fact that a person camping has an advantage in that his head doens't have to be covered since it's invisible anyways - that way he is better off than others and it should not be that way!  You may very well call it a hack - but the fact that it's so easy to do makes it simply an easy-to-do hack - a hack nonetheless!

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 02:36:34 pm »
now i have a mod with the law is big but u can hide  and cant see it but only in big things (not in trees)