Author Topic: DON'T CHOOSE CLANPLANET !!!!  (Read 4381 times)

Offline freunky4

• Major(1)
DON'T CHOOSE CLANPLANET !!!!
« on: February 28, 2007, 12:18:02 pm »
This is a WARNING message!

I am a player in network (CSS and Soldier) and I advise you not to rent your server at CLANPLANET.

A clause of their contract specifies that your account can be suspended constantly without any refunding. I lost 80 euros by renting a server for one duration of 1 year, my account was removed without warning at the end of 2 months.  Be careful, they are very dishonest persons, you do not make handle like me.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Re: DON'T CHOOSE CLANPLANET !!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 02:51:35 pm »
And what did you do? Something against their ToS? Did you read their ToS? They got the reason, and I think that law states that you have the right to know why they closed your account.

Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 08:04:06 pm »
Hes right, they do have to give you a reason, however the problem is their reason can be "we don't like you" and they get away with it.

Offline freunky4

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 07:28:56 am »
I specify what caused the supression of my server ===> too many bots were added at the time of a bots party , approximately 20, clanplanet noted that like an increase in the number of slots and asked me direct to pay the difference… I refused… the first warning was the last. I think that it is a good bargain for them since I had paid until December 2007 that allows them to rent this server has someone else, to doubly rent it well in some kinds…. The first warning was the last…

That they have the right to remove an account without warning, it is that most awkward. It is serious. You do not expose at this risk. my wrong is to have paid for one year in advance too.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 07:37:22 am by freunky4 »

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 07:44:22 am »
Thats your fault. Isn't it?

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 08:08:08 am »
What kind of ****ed up host counts bots towards a PLAYER limit?

EDIT: Haha, their website offers 36/42/54/64 slot Soldat servers... very professional

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 09:20:37 am »
What kind of ****ed up host counts bots towards a PLAYER limit?

EDIT: Haha, their website offers 36/42/54/64 slot Soldat servers... very professional
Yeah, noticed the same. But also in Soldat, do bots raise the playercount? This might be the thing, that if there is a 16 slot server, 8 bots, then there can be 8 normal players playing at maximum, instead of letting 16 players to enter, which would mean increasing the maxplayers to 24.

Selfkill defines bots as players aswell. Somoene could give them(clanplanet) a note about the 36/42/54/64 slot Soldat servers, so they could fix it. :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 09:41:58 am by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline CP-Paul

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 10:01:51 am »
I am a representative of Clanplanet and i would like to make a response to these claims.

We actively scan all of our game servers for violations (debranding servers and increasing slot count illegally) and this user's was was detected many times over a 2 week period. An email is sent at least once per day on a detected violation. Since many users change their slot count without realising (uploading template configs etc) we normally manually edit the slot count, reboot the server and get on with business.

In the case of freunky4, (Jerome) this was constantly changed back. Perhaps through bots but mostly by physically editing the config and we have logs of this.
We told Jerome that if this practice continues then we will have to apply charges to his account (surely the fairest way or working without deleting the account) to which he absolutely denied (at this point his server was still online, and we have only just notified him for the very last time that we will introduce charges to his account for further abuse).

Jerome told us his account details had been lost to a hacker (strange, because he was still logged in) and that we were responsible for his rcon password. It's impossible for us to be responsible for jerome's rcon password. Jerome decided to continue without editing his server back to normal and so we cancelled his service.

In over 2 years of hosting and using this system this is the first user we have had to suspend due to abuse. We are not thieves and we do not take pleasure in suspending services for any reason, but we will not be walked over either.

EnEsCe, in many games bots take up more system resources than human players. Most, if not all hosts, will limit the number of bots, disallow or count them towards "slots". We count them towards slots. The whole point is that you can have a maximum number of players in a server at the one time, human or AI.

Clawbug, thank you for your email. We recently changed our prices and the old soldat package had up to 32 slots. I have removed everything above 32.

I hope everyone understands the situation and remembers that there are always two sides to a story.

Kind Regards,
-Paul Sands
Clanplanet Network Servers.

Offline mar77a

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • mad
    • random stuffs
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 10:38:46 am »
In the latest server versions, you can run soldatserver with the paramenter "-lock" to disable that sort of stuff.

Offline freunky4

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 12:13:26 pm »
OMG!!!
I never received only one email of warning of clanplanet… I recall that I paid until December 2007 (80 euros), they could have indulgents has my regard… so much worse for me…made you your idea about clanplanet...To my mind Selfkill is the best choice...

nb. at the beginning I thought that somebody had pirated my account because I did not believe that 1 bot = 1 slot…(sorry for my very bad English but I use google translator.)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 12:53:31 pm by freunky4 »

Offline CP-Paul

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 02:24:16 pm »
This isnt the place to argue. We're both in the EU, theres plenty of action you can take if you feel it's unjust.

Offline freunky4

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 02:52:14 pm »
this is exactly a place to argue dear Paul...we all are concerned. That could have arrived has everyone. I wanted to also know what thinks of other players.

Offline BoB

• Major(1)
    • Soldat2D.fr - French Community
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 02:56:10 pm »
Freunky's server is dead for a reason but he have never receive warning message to clanplanet...
I think its not realy sérious...
Moreover, servers are expensive and he was engaged for 1 years ... Server has beeing on during 2 months !!!    >:( >:(

Dont choice clanplanet... Maybe selfkill is more serious ...

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 03:00:32 pm by BoB »

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 03:09:51 pm »
Their site still says up to 64 slots... http://www.clanplanet.co.uk/prices/servers/soldat

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 03:34:22 pm »
This IS not probably the best place to argue, but here it gets the most attention.

Paul convinced me that they did what they had to do. You ignored them, now you have to suffer the punishment. And I think that CP did just the right action, as you kept ignoring them.

If you do not agree with the rules, break them, ignore everything, suspending your account is just the right thing to do. IMO, further discussion about the continuing of Jerome's contract should be discussed.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline truup

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 03:49:27 pm »
In my opinion, Clan planet is the best server provider after selfkill, for europeans (that's due to pings), but it's still very powerfull rival. Most of the clanwars between EU and NA clans are played in Clanplanet server due to its location. Clanplanet is stable, and offers other stuff than soldat server too, like web hosting, ventrilo & teamspeak etc..

There's nothing wrong in Clanplanet in my opinion.

This IS not probably the best place to argue, but here it gets the most attention.

Paul convinced me that they did what they had to do. You ignored them, now you have to suffer the punishment. And I think that CP did just the right action, as you kept ignoring them.

If you do not agree with the rules, break them, ignore everything, suspending your account is just the right thing to do. IMO, further discussion about the continuing of Jerome's contract should be discussed.
I agree with that if you got your warning for breaking the rules, and ignored it, erasing your account is the best thing to do. Im not sure, but I think there's no law that forces them even to warn you for breaking the rules.

Offline freunky4

• Major(1)
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 04:27:50 pm »
This is not a question of law...just a question of honesty and customer's respect.

They had interest has to suspend my account. Here the explanation:

I paid my server for 1 year = they suspend my account = they can rent it has someone else = double payment for 1 server. Good job Clanplanet.

I can affirm that because I have a friend who rents a server and which made the same error as me. Its account was not suspended because he pays in the month by month…

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 04:37:57 pm »
This is not a question of law...just a question of honesty and customer's respect.

They had interest has to suspend my account. Here the explanation:

I paid my server for 1 year = they suspend my account = they can rent it has someone else = double payment for 1 server. Good job Clanplanet.

I can affirm that because I have a friend who rents a server and which made the same error as me. Its account was not suspended because he pays in the month by month…

But the fault is yours. You can only blame yourself. If you did not know that they can do what they did, then you weren't even allowed to have server rent from CP, I think.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Not Not Muldritch

• Major
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 04:49:40 pm »
All the evidence here is subjective, so I'm going to side with Paul because he has CP in his name. Heeheehee. CP Paul.

I also don't like the name Jerome.

Offline truup

• Soldier
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 05:12:32 pm »
All the evidence here is subjective, so I'm going to side with Paul because he has CP in his name. Heeheehee. CP Paul.

I also don't like the name Jerome.
Agree with that + Someone Smited me for posting that... Betcha it was some of his friends..

Betcha too, it was your dad who payed it.. Did you explain him why they removed your account? Im sure he'd like to know.