Author Topic: New Skin Mods  (Read 8503 times)

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
New Skin Mods
« on: February 28, 2007, 12:44:07 pm »
There's a new skin mod or someother that renders your soldat's legs invisible, just like possible with the skin. At this point, approximately %50 of your soldat is invisible.

I myself think that this is an exploit, and be considered cheating. After all, you are half invisible. It should be a bannable offense, IMHO.

What do you guys think about this?
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline gedazz

• Camper
Re: New Skin Mods
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 01:06:41 pm »
Hmm... Well, what about invisible skin? I think it is some kind of exploit too. But invisible pants give you a great advantage against other players. Imagine ability to make your torso invisible. Now that would be a big problem.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 01:18:33 pm »
I definitely think it's foul play. I mean, seems to me like it's only a matter of time before you'll be perfectly invisible, which is highly unfair for obvious reasons.
I used the 'ghost head' feature once. I don't comsider it cheating, but I suppose it does render you an advantage, however a small one.

I don't think this thing should get you banned. At least I don't think it's for the forumers to decide, since far from everyone visits the forum, and thereby know of our judgement. However, I do plan to whine about i in any server I see it in :P
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline Rook_PL

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 01:29:03 pm »
It should be forbidden. Having transparent sceneries, giant bright weapons and bullets also. I know it would make modders and mappers life harder, but it's the same kind of cheating.
My scream will be laud, when I'll see LegLessGostek. :P

Offline Icarius

• Major(1)
  • I still suck.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 01:46:39 pm »
I think that it's pretty cool that you can make your legs invisible, but I do think its foul play.

Offline Memxio

• Major
  • Rugertard
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 03:24:02 pm »
I was playing in game with one of the supposed 6 people with this mod and apparently it's not just your legs, he was talking with someone and told them to go to DM with him to "witness the mods true power" which I took to mean he has an invisible torso as well. The only visible items are your boots and your gun if you have no accessories or hair.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 07:24:32 pm by Memxio »

Offline Sytrus

• Flagrunner
  • English Teech0r
    • AtlanticProject
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 03:41:13 pm »
It is unfair and i think it deserves a ban. Just because it gives you an unfair advantage, period.

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 05:56:58 pm »
Yeah, it's pretty unfair. I use the invisihead, but I keep my hair on :)

Offline NinjaGimp369

• Veteran
  • Wa-Poww!
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 06:02:01 pm »
No waaay, some people have a hard enough time playing against invisible heads, let alone people with invisible heads and legs. It's just like a whole new predator mode if you have a shirt coloured to fir your surroundings. Definately foul play, should not be allowed.
"You should've used the pythagoras theorum, b*tch."
[/url]

Offline Spec. Ops

• Major
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 06:06:54 pm »
It is unfair and i think it deserves a ban. Just because it gives you an unfair advantage, period.

So ur saying ban SSCC and any other Color changing mod?

I find it as a glitch. Its not cheating because u can do the same with ur skin and no one considered that cheating.
I also find it just as ez to aim for the head visible or not.

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 06:09:17 pm »
Changing your skin doesn't really matter much, because they can still see most of you, but I think having everything but your torso invisible is really starting to cross over the line between fun body design and cheating.

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline The Owls

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 06:27:51 pm »
I hate it and have seen a few people with it.  I haven't banned or kicked them, but nicely asked them to remove the mod.  From all the people I've seen, none have caused any problem. 

I do find it as a major exploit.  Because it'll screw with a lot of people's aim.  I allready didn't like it when people use the inv. skin, so this is just worse.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 07:17:32 pm »
Changing your skin doesn't really matter much, because they can still see most of you, but I think having everything but your torso invisible is really starting to cross over the line between fun body design and cheating.

The skin changing is a bad exploit itself since it can make campers more difficult to detect as there is less chance of the odd color poking through the scenery. Also, while, yes, as most of these users argue, you can still be hit in the invisible spots, it still removes a vital part of what should be a visible target.

As far as I'm concerned, any outside program or non-standard trick used to better one's advantage is a hack just the same. I really need to take a stronger stance on invisible heads and legs. Hopefully the new Soldat version will be able to better detect such exploits. Really, it can't come soon enough for me.

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 08:27:59 pm »
Wait, you can make your torso / legs invisible? That's totally an exploit, and not a mod. (Mods change the graphics, so any changes would only be seen on your screen)
Invisible skin is fine, but anything else is not. Maybe there could be some kind of method of reading the skin color and rejecting any color not fully opaque.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline Blues

• Camper
  • Hum?
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 08:32:22 pm »
I have a screen of a guy I see with it regularly.
Quetzalcoatl or something. This was in U13 CTF.
18:15

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 08:38:09 pm »
i think i've seen this... and there were two guys... one was called "camper"... and it was more than just invisible pants - it was rather hard to see him if it weren't for his shoes and gun...  it seemed his upper body was also hard to see
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 09:16:22 pm »
Well I think the ghost head is find because you have a torso gun and legs to aim for, but yeah I think this isn't a nice thing to do :(
@ii

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 09:17:55 pm »

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 09:20:51 pm »
Fixed in the next server version.

This is done by editing Soldat's memory, and thus is hacking and anyone who does it should be banned. Skin is the only thing that is allowed to be turned invisible.

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 09:47:51 pm »
Fixed in the next server version.

This is done by editing Soldat's memory, and thus is hacking and anyone who does it should be banned. Skin is the only thing that is allowed to be turned invisible.

Why? Why is invisible skin considered "okay" by the powers that be? It's part of the Soldat's coloring, and while it doesn't make too much of an impact with players out in the open, the invisible head and lack of camping "give away" colors are certainly an advantage over what I'd believe to be the original intent. Could this at the very least be a server setting?