Author Topic: Having difficulty getting scripts working  (Read 883 times)

Offline Replica

• Major
Having difficulty getting scripts working
« on: May 21, 2008, 12:51:37 pm »
Hey, I've been trying to get scripts working on the servers I admin (GameArena), and how we have access to servers differs a lot from what other people have access to.  We use this "GameCreate" page to control all the servers, and essentially I've run into a bit of a wall with this. 

So far I've tried a few scripts, and everything I've tried results in the server saying something like the following and then crashing:

• Compiling admin -> invin.pas...
  • Compiling admin -> invis.pas...
  • admin -> [Hint] (9:10): Variable 'Result' never used
  • admin -> [Error] (50:6): Duplicate identifier 'player'

Those 2 scripts are the admin invisibility and invincibility scripts made by Gnintendo (who by the way I earlier sent a pm about to see if he knew what was up, but in light of the fact I've since come into problems with everything else I've tried I'm asking to the board in general). 

So yeah, if anyone knows what we're doing wrong, any help would be really really great as we'd love to get scripts working! :P

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
Re: Having difficulty getting scripts working
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 01:05:21 pm »
You're probably put them both in the same directory and set both script in the same Includes.txt

Give them each a seperate dir and their own Includes.txt

Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline Replica

• Major
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 01:11:46 pm »
I don't know the deal with the directories as I don't have direct access to them but I'm assured that how I put the scripts in is correct; and I have tried just one script with the correct text in the includes.txt and that fails to work also.  The above was just an example of the error I'm getting. 

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 11:33:22 pm »
It should not say "Compiling" twice, it means you've got that invis.pas in the script folder twice somewhere.

Offline JFK

• Camper
    • My TraxInSpace Account
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 03:05:46 am »

• Compiling admin -> invin.pas...
  • Compiling admin -> invis.pas...
  • admin -> [Hint] (9:10): Variable 'Result' never used
  • admin -> [Error] (50:6): Duplicate identifier 'player'
Actually, Enesce, it says invin.pas and invis.pas. :)

But Replica, even though you tell me the scripts are put in a folder correctly, i'm still telling you i think they're not. According to these errors both scripts are located in scripts/admin. This makes it so that they are seen as one script. Both scripts have a variable called 'player' and that collides with each other. Again, make sure that both scripts have a separate folder like: scripts/invis and script/invin. Both folders should contain their own Includes.txt with only one script defined in that file.

If you get an error running only one script, it could be that you are running it in script/admin, since that folder might have some scripts of its own. If that's not the case and you still get an error, i'm pretty sure it is a different error than the one you posted here.
Come join: EliteCTF
Listen to: My Music

Offline Replica

• Major
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 06:44:54 pm »
I could only provide that example from the log because I don't have access to the server logs, and that was what the GA staff guy told me what was happening on that attempt (being an admin, though more accurately I'm called a gameop, for GA is annoying in situations like this :P).  But yeah things seem to have gotten slightly more complicated than I realised - the server is failing to start simply because scripts are enabled.  So you're right, that entry from the log doesn't seem to be the issue. 

Also, I forgot to mention that I have tried a number of ways to get scripts working, using just 1 script, none, different scripts, etc. and all result in the same problem, although I guess all that was really trying to fix something from the wrong angle since the servers aren't starting properly at all now when scripting is enabled - just for the record, the default value on these used to be 1, so I don't know why this is the case now. 

Date Posted: 22-05-2008, 19:15:36
Hate to double-post but alas, sorry to put forward a somewhat frivolous question :P 

I didn't realise when I deleted stuff from the gc panel I didn't actually delete the stuff, so yeah I had multiple scripts going out of the sam edirectory and stuff without realising it, and thus that was the problem.  All sorted now and I have scripts working in GA, but thanks anyway!