Author Topic: Doom pit and "Fight Club" style arena  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Eden

• Major(1)
Doom pit and "Fight Club" style arena
« on: June 25, 2006, 03:47:06 pm »
Im currently working on two maps: The Doom pit (which is primarly an INF map), and a "Fight Club" esque arena.

The doom pit is basically a large pit. (..........Duh...),which gets darker and darker as you go down.

The idea is to get the Grey Flag from the top (In the Alpha base), all the way into the deep bowls of hell (In the Bravo base bellow) Or getting it from the Bravo to the alpha, im not sure yet (Id prefer to take it down though.) On the way down the Pit (As the Alpha team fall) There will be secret passages which some members of the Bravo team spaw in, and can take out the Flag carrier, also, i am thinking of putting small ledges for Gun Turetts, so that the bravo team can blast away (Although this may make it to hard). At the bottom of the pit, i was thinking of either "Actual Hell", or maybe a Secret Millitary base (once again i'm undecided)

The "Fight Club" arena is an ambitious idea.

The map would be in a sort of pyramid style. Let me explain, so you can Visualize.

Ground floor:Many small arenas, one spawn point in each. so that there are two people in a single arena. They fight, and the winner moves up a level to face there next opponent.

Floors 1+:There are less and less combat arenas as the floors go up, until there is avery large room at the top for the final showdown.

Now, there are Problems with this idea.

1. theres nothing stopping people from just running off and entering any room they wish.
2.This map would have to be played as a Survival DM or Survival TDM for full effect.

But it would be very fun xD

Also, i have noticed that there is a "Gostek" placement option In Polyworks, Does this place blank gosteks that don't attack? Because it could then be used for a Crowd effect in the Fight club arenas.

Any ideas/Points of View's?
Is that what you ordered?

Offline Mistercharles

• Veteran
  • +
Re: Doom pit and "Fight Club" style arena
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 03:56:13 pm »
Polyworks gosteks are just size comparisons. They don't actually do anything to the map. With the fight club thing, small problem:  Soldat spawnpoints don't work like counterstrike spawnpoints. Sometimes, and often, two or more players spawn in the same place.
shoutout to m'boyz eagles_arrows, echo_trail, wraithlike, sadistatheart, chakapoko maker, jrgp, aznblood, chakra, keron cyst, et al, miss you, let's '#gather some day

Offline Eden

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 03:58:36 pm »
Hmmmmmmm..........................

Well..........

What about if i made ten spawn points and there were ten players, would they all spawn seperatly?
Is that what you ordered?

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 08:46:46 pm »
no. they spawn randomly.