Author Topic: Differing bullet-spreading  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Differing bullet-spreading
« on: March 01, 2007, 06:35:26 am »
I thoght that maybe it would be good if the bullets would spread more when jumping or moving(if they are already then I haven't noticed that...) and the size of the cursor-sprite would change its size when moving or jumping(so it would show how much are the bullets spreading)...

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
Re: Differing bullet-spreading
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 08:27:15 am »
Well, that's what the movement acc. setting is for in weapons .ini .

(Although that can be bypassed by letting the directional buttons go at once when you're firing, it's annoying to do and almost unnoticeable unless you've got a barret or ruger.)

The cursor sprite changing would be useful, though...
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 08:41:49 am »
You gun already moves and bounces due to movement accuracy, and I'm sure the cursor size change would get on some people's nervers.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 09:29:11 am »
You gun already moves and bounces due to movement accuracy, and I'm sure the cursor size change would get on some people's nervers.
So it should be optional.

I do not like the fact that you can bypass the movementacc. Is this a feature or a bug?
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Avis

• Camper
  • Aufmachen, Gestapo
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 10:00:02 am »
So it should be optional.

I do not like the fact that you can bypass the movementacc. Is this a feature or a bug?
Just a not-so-smart way it was programmed, I think.
No insult to MM, of course :X
BANG! 5:45 o' clock. It's the police raiding your home, blackmailing you.

Offline Lord Frunkamunch

• Veteran
  • DRR...DRR...DRR...
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 10:59:16 am »
Yeah, you have to actually be holding down the button for it to take place. I'm guessing bug, although I THINK the is a minimal amount of bink for any movement, although not pressing any buttons is a much more drastic decrease.

The cursor size change wouldn't really be annoying; it already changes for bink. He's just suggesting it does the same for movement acc., which I think is good, bacause when you're binked at least you know you are. With movement acc. you can have a small cursor and still go wildly off target just from moving. At least knowing you'll most likely miss woud be nice...
I attend grammar school, last grade, and ignorance is all around me. Well, good for them. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline M.rSnow

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 11:58:39 am »
I thoght that maybe it would be good if the bullets would spread more when jumping or moving(if they are already then I haven't noticed that...) and the size of the cursor-sprite would change its size when moving or jumping(so it would show how much are the bullets spreading)...
Man!! Why are every one thinking one day after me i thougth aboute this yesterday and needed to shape the tread some, and now you steal it! Sh*t.. Well i think this is a good idea.. (cuz its mine!)
Lapis: You need a vacation or a bullet though the head both works just fine by me.

Offline Xdada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 07:10:52 am »
As the current default sprite would look weird when sized bigger then it probably would be more comfortable if it would be just four white lines which would change their range from the aimed spot according to the movement, so the white lines would be tighter together when you are standing still or crouching
sample:curs1.jpg is when standing still and curs2.jpg is when running

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 11:28:45 am »
That already happens for bink.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 07:04:14 pm »
Contrary to popular belief, movement accuracy affects you at all times except when absolutely stationary on the ground. It just affects one much more while oneself is moving in a direction.
ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline popsofctown

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 08:10:39 pm »
crouching and proning sets movement acc back to zero right?  don't tell me i need to stop kneel-walking with the steyr..
Without originality society is doomed.
If you are tired of seeing the same lines in every signature, don't put this in your signature

\\\**I love DM**///

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 10:48:26 pm »
It doesn't stop it; your soldat just moves forward slower, so the effect is less in corresponding relation to the lesser speed.