Author Topic: Destructable terrain  (Read 899 times)

Offline Onyx

• Soldier
  • everybody gets one
Destructable terrain
« on: March 05, 2007, 04:25:55 pm »
Don't know if this has been suggested before, but destructable terrain to me would be a need concept.

even destructable scenery and colliders so you could "in turn" destroy cover evventually

now Im not talking about worms type destruable terrain, Im talking about slow widling down of land mass, say a peice of a hill could be chipped off, and slowly you could make small craters in the ground

thoughts?

Offline spkka

• Camper
Re: Destructable terrain
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 04:32:54 pm »
agreed! impossible to fix tho i think ...

Offline iDante

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 04:57:56 pm »
Read the fucking sticky. NO DESTRUCTABLE TERRAIN!

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 07:28:07 pm »
Yeah, sorry man... there are way too many complications with it, and the general consensus is that destructible terrain is pretty much frowned upon. Where's the fun for players who join a match halfway through a map's playtime and when everything's already been destroyed?; have it regenerate? Objects can't even be destroyed in Soldat due to its coding in the first place, and MM has already stated that the map format change will not be changed. It doesn't seem that many people would like it even if all the raw glitches were solved, so there's not much point in trying to achieve this; I'll be locking this, then.

Don't let this discourage you, though; just make sure you check out the sticky at the top of this section before suggesting. Thanks.