Author Topic: i hate the new weapon balance..  (Read 16300 times)

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
Re: i hate the new weapon balance..
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2006, 01:41:00 am »
Easy to dodge one, but when the whole team is using M79, it can get a little messy
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2006, 02:35:58 am »
i can totally understand that^^^^. it can get annoying when it's a whole team, but that is when it is time to sit back more and take advantage of the short range m79....pull out the barrett or the ol' ruger so you can keep them at bay.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

krasnal

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 07:29:05 am »
The delay represents the time it takes to look into the scope and aim the barret. Without aiming you'll have a hard time shooting anything in real life.

Need you ~2 sec to aim? Such thinking destroyed soldat....

Offline Yukwunhang

• Major
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 08:09:21 am »
It's 0.4 second.
To be exact, 0.41666666~

Offline Bgretydews

• Flagrunner
  • y halo thar rabbit
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2006, 10:06:26 am »
i can totally understand that^^^^. it can get annoying when it's a whole team, but that is when it is time to sit back more and take advantage of the short range m79....pull out the barrett or the ol' ruger so you can keep them at bay.

That usually doesen't work VS a whole team of M79's when the yare travelling in packs you might take one out but one of the others will get you before you have time to shoot again
http://yossi.jrgp.org/?action=maps&sa=user_maps&u=10
Image (and link) is broken. Feel free to fix it.

Offline GAMEOVER

• Camper
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2006, 10:41:01 am »
well this isnt the right topic about discussing spas boost but ill add this, ive shot 12-20 awgs shotguns and ive shot many rifles shotguns dont kick anymore then some of the rifles ive shot if anything the rifles actually kick a little more and these werent extremely highpowered rifles.

Offline Will

• Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2006, 11:49:20 am »
in that case its bestto camp in bushes and then smoke them out with a grenade

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006, 11:51:39 am »
Easy to dodge one, but when the whole team is using M79, it can get a little messy

A whole team of any weapon working together can be deadly. I think groups of autos are far worse, since they bink and kill so fast that it's really impossible to take them on before you're dead. Groups of M79ers are far more likely to kill a good bit off the group after the initial fire.  :D I really love the balance; it has a good rock-paper-scissors feel to it without being set by any concrete rules.

Seancapsyourass

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2006, 01:10:46 pm »
In maps like nuubia, ash, and voland it just pisses me off when the whole other team whores that one gun.  It is sorta easy to dodge but I think a .25 or .5 second delay before it shoots would solve all the problems I have against it.

Offline Frigid

• Major(1)
  • Work In Progress
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2006, 01:35:43 pm »
The weapons are good as they are right now.  Its much more balanced than 1.2.1 because Barret was overused.  Now M79 is overused in public servers, but its not much of a problem in other stuff like cws
Frigid`

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2006, 08:43:57 pm »
I can't stand the current weapon balance.  I hate it so much that I quit playing Soldat over it...

I loved 1.2.1 balance.  In fact, I was happy with weapon balance in all versions from 1.1.2 (when I first started playing) to 1.2.1.  I rarely used the Barret myself, but nor did I have any trouble taking out Barret users.  I can maybe understand a firing delay for the LAW, since the real-life LAW has to be armed prior to firing.  But giving the Barret a firing delay is a terrible, stupid solution.  There are already a great deal of tweakable factors affecting weapon balance -- rate of fire, accuracy, reload time, recoil, etc.  Why resort to blatantly unrealistic methods?

Also, my beloved Desert Eagles got nerfed to hell and aren't worth using anymore. :'(
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 08:46:50 pm by F3nyx »

Seancapsyourass

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2006, 07:14:40 am »
I really don't like people using the realistic arguement when balancing guns it just seems out of place in a game that allows people to use jets to fly around and survive multiple shots that would kill any real person.  Soldat isn't a tactical-realistic (unless you're play realistic mode) game like any Tom Clancy game.  The barret can be just as effective as it was before you just have to adapt and get use to it.

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2006, 07:20:23 am »
F3nyx i disagree about the Deagles. Yes they got weakened, but they are still good.  The rare occasions i use them, i have no problem getting kills. They have just become more of a support weapon, so people don't go overpowering everyone.
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline F3nyx

• Soldier
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2006, 01:50:45 pm »
I really don't like people using the realistic arguement when balancing guns it just seems out of place in a game that allows people to use jets to fly around and survive multiple shots that would kill any real person. Soldat isn't a tactical-realistic (unless you're play realistic mode) game like any Tom Clancy game. The barret can be just as effective as it was before you just have to adapt and get use to it.
So why are all of the weapons based on real-world counterparts?  As games go, Soldat is quite realistic, especially with features like bullet drop.  Notice that it's completely lacking in plasma guns and laser beams.

And once again, I ask, why not balance the weapon using the standard tweaks?

I'm suspicious that many Soldat players, for some reason, hate ANY one-hit-kill weapon and won't rest until it's neutered to the point of uselessness.

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2006, 06:17:59 pm »
the steyrs a bit pointless IMO. Its so similar to the AK but you can actually kill more people with the ak74 from one clip.

and why the hell do people have such a big problem with the m79!?!?!?!?!
-I'ts got a slow bullet, easy to dodge with a jump an' jet
-just wait for them to shoot then kill them when they have to reload cos its a real slow reload time.
I'm suspicious that many Soldat players, for some reason, hate ANY one-hit-kill weapon and won't rest until it's neutered to the point of uselessness.
hear hear! Theres nothign wrong with one-hit-kill weps. You just gotta know what to use against them and what advantage you have over them eg\\ the m79 as I said above.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 06:24:27 pm by vulbastick »

Offline Proxy

• Major(1)
  • ChonoNub :C
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2006, 06:34:07 pm »
the steyrs a bit pointless IMO. Its so similar to the AK but you can actually kill more people with the ak74 from one clip.
I believe the Steyr has

-Faster bullet speed
-Faster firing rate
-Faster reload
-Less self-bink
I change my ingame name constantly. Look out for my colour scheme, it's the only way you'll recognize me.

Or I could just keep a list...

Current ingame name: Proxy/Running Man

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2006, 07:21:22 pm »
The steyr is far from pointless. It's a very effective gun. It has the advantage over the AK at medium to close range. You just have to play wisely with it (eg: try to stay at medium range and don't waste your small clip).

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2006, 02:12:30 pm »
ok cool :P my mistake i havent played soldat in nearly a year.
everyone talks about bink but i dont see how much it really affects gameplay.
leave bink alone.

Offline teh_ham

• Major(1)
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2006, 05:00:26 pm »
the weapon balance in 1.2.1 was fie i reckon, both the m79 and barret were overused, yes, but at least there was some variation, what get's me is the fact that the barret has been tweaked, but the m79 has been left alone, surely the beta testers had an inkling that the m79 would be a n00bs first choice of weapon?