Author Topic: The Invisible Clothes Virus  (Read 13674 times)

Offline Steaker

• Major(1)
The Invisible Clothes Virus
« on: March 08, 2007, 02:43:26 pm »
Okay, so pretty much that program that makes your soldat invisible contains a hijacking trojan virus.

This wonderful creation sends the IPs and passwords for servers you are admin in, to the creators of the program and the virus.

Then they have all they need to go to the server, log in as admins, ban people, set server passwords, and wreck the whole joint.

So spread the word. Do NOT download this program, ESPECIALLY if you are admin anywhere.

Offline SDFilm

• Veteran
Re: The Invisible Clothes Virus
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 02:51:26 pm »
How do you know all this? Is this just somekind of deterent for people not to use it?

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Toumaz

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 02:58:18 pm »
I first read this at the LRS forums (topic).

Quote from: Chakra
There is a new hack i've seen going around...anyone thats already used it, you're in trouble and you'll be banned from Leo's servers. For those that haven't, do not use it.

The hack/skinchanger can change the skin of your pants and your shirt so they're invisible (but not your hair or hands, so its mostly useless). However, it also contains a custom made trojan that most anti-virus scanners won't be able to pick up that'll leech from the user their admin and server passwords to any servers they go to, as well as their registration key. It may also do other things or provide permenent access to the user's hard drive.

Non-valid (aka 'stolen') regs can be made redundent and the user banned from the lobby in the near future after the next release of Soldat. If you have paid for one and have used this trojan, you may want to inform Michal that you need a new registration.

And I do believe these words are true.

Offline Noldi

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 03:17:19 pm »
I first read this here.

http://ds.u13.net/index.php?topic=552.msg8926#new

I also believe this is true.

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 03:20:20 pm »
No pity for any idiot who fucked up his computer being a cheating little cunt.

Don't ever download hacks, nothing good comes from hacking.
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline edak

• Flagrunner
  • AussiEdak
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 04:00:54 pm »
No pity for any idiot who ****ed up his computer being a cheating little ****.

Don't ever download hacks, nothing good comes from hacking.
Spot-on mate, I hope every person who downloads hacks ends up having to reinstall windoze.

UPDATED 12-Aug-2010 FIXED LINKS!!!!! - 18 Apr 2007 - NOW WITH FULLLY MODDABLE MAP TEXTURES! Modders, further customise your soldat!

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 04:42:47 pm »
Why would MM want to give a new reg. key to a hacking person?

I'd rather ban his IP from lobby.
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Krillious

• Camper
  • If you were a hindu I could aim for the dot
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 04:49:22 pm »
lol i dont get it, why invent bullshit about a program instead of just saying dont use it -_- lol "a custom made trojan that most anti-virus scanners won't be able to pick up" lol wutf some supervirus lol
gosh

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
  • :M: Turbo Team!
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 06:33:38 pm »
Quote from: Krillious
lol i dont get it, why invent bull**** about a program instead of just saying dont use it -_- lol "a custom made trojan that most anti-virus scanners won't be able to pick up" lol wutf some supervirus lol
gosh

You seem to misunderstand the definition of "trojan." Not all trojans are destructive to your computer. This appears to be a "data sending trojan," as Webopedia defines it. You also forget that anti-malware applications use databases of filename patterns and code snippets to identify threats. It is indeed possible to create a malicious program that might not be detected by most anti-malware products.

Definition(s) of "trojan" at Webopedia.com
Definition of "data sending trojan" at Webopedia.com
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 06:37:06 pm by Riax »
Server Admin, MegaMod CTF

Founder, Simplexity Network // Fan, Machine Supremacy

Offline silverwolf

• Major(1)
  • Gotrix
    • New Zealand Soldat Community
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 09:38:03 pm »
so u guys are saying this soo called trojan/virus is somewhat similar to Netbus/sub7 which steals your passwords and takes full controll over your computer?!
I hack! I got banned!

Offline The Philanthropist

• Camper
  • .:|TGIF|:. Philly
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 01:47:14 am »
so u guys are saying this soo called trojan/virus is somewhat similar to Netbus/sub7 which steals your passwords and takes full controll over your computer?!

No, just a simple keylogger to track your information, such as passwords, bank records, e-mails etc. Anything that you type actually.

Offline Lance Corporal

• Major
  • EAT PLASMA
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 01:53:28 am »
so if i were to use it and type (virus makers are garage dwelling EMO faggots) they'd see it, but not be able to retaliate...... i'm liking this virus, well, cept they'd know all the blackmail they'd ever want on me....
Fate is one's way of being a pansy and not being able to take the blame for their own actions, or making excuses not to make the effort to better themselves.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 01:55:51 am »
How do you know all this? Is this just somekind of deterent for people not to use it?

I have confirmed this information with a bunch of people who would know for sure.  The trojan steals server passwords, admin passwords, and registration keys

lol i dont get it, why invent bull**** about a program instead of just saying dont use it -_- lol "a custom made trojan that most anti-virus scanners won't be able to pick up" lol wutf some supervirus lol
gosh

It isn't a full-blown virus, it is just a little thing attached to the "hack" that does these things and sends the data somewhere.  Anyone who knows how to program can make it in a few minutes of work
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 01:57:22 am by FliesLikeABrick »

Offline ThunderPantz

• Camper
  • My avatar rules you.
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 11:21:26 am »
I first read this at the LRS forums (topic).

Quote from: Chakra
There is a new hack i've seen going around...anyone thats already used it, you're in trouble and you'll be banned from Leo's servers. For those that haven't, do not use it.

The hack/skinchanger can change the skin of your pants and your shirt so they're invisible (but not your hair or hands, so its mostly useless). However, it also contains a custom made trojan that most anti-virus scanners won't be able to pick up that'll leech from the user their admin and server passwords to any servers they go to, as well as their registration key. It may also do other things or provide permenent access to the user's hard drive.

Non-valid (aka 'stolen') regs can be made redundent and the user banned from the lobby in the near future after the next release of Soldat. If you have paid for one and have used this trojan, you may want to inform Michal that you need a new registration.

And I do believe these words are true.

I pity those hacking B*stards who got that.

LET THE BASH PIT LIVE ON.
Smoking doesn't kill people, cancer and tobacco does.

Offline JohnCena

• Soldier
  • Down since day one!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 01:46:12 pm »
Happend to me me and my clan havin a training we all killling eachother the guy cames and and starts to admin killin us i was the only one knowing the adminlog pass we all WTF whats happenin i tryed to kick him ban him everything and it didnt worked then i just shutdowned the server and that was it pretty nasty and anoyin!
You want some come get some!

Offline xsucux

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 03:23:58 pm »
Whats happening, I just started up soldat, everyone including me is invisible, and I have NOT downloaded one single soldat related program. Trojan?...ugh :-\

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 03:57:52 pm »
Whats happening, I just started up soldat, everyone including me is invisible, and I have NOT downloaded one single soldat related program. Trojan?...ugh :-\

That sounds like another problem.  If you don't figure out what it is, create another thread in our Need Help? Report Bugs! forum and we will help you out there.

Offline xsucux

• Major(1)
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2007, 04:01:36 pm »

That sounds like another problem. If you don't figure out what it is, create another thread in our Need Help? Report Bugs! forum and we will help you out there.
\I just deleted soldat and reinstalled it, works fine now, but thanks for replying

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 04:14:34 pm »
gosh. never download anything like hacks or cracks, you might get high and your computer might get fried.

OBEY!!!

Offline Laser Guy

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 04:21:55 pm »
Yep, I have to admit that once i downloaded a hacking program. Luckly for me, my Northon Antivirus 2007 saved the day by detecting it before i even used it. It was, of course, a Trojan Horse with a high risk level.
Text goes here...

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 04:35:05 pm »
Interestingly enough, most hacks are bundled with some kind of virus or trojan.  I guess hacking a 2d game isn't enough for them, they need to break stuff too.

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 08:03:40 pm »
Its prolly not a virus ill admitt i had some hacks in my time and they were all scaned by the forum and were a-ok. yeah dont get your hopes up on saying its a virus
Holy Poop!

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 09:00:54 pm »
Its prolly not a virus ill admitt i had some hacks in my time and they were all scaned by the forum and were a-ok. yeah dont get your hopes up on saying its a virus

this one definitely is, I talked to the person who made it...

Offline a-4-year-old

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 04:04:51 pm »
[ban] :O

Use hacks and you are just another retarded little kid who likes ruining other people's work/server/day
If we hit the bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. -Zapp Brannigan

Offline Blazesign

• Major(1)
  • K4B00mz0r4H! H34DSH0T!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2007, 07:27:03 am »
Hah, this no use. Hax is only a good way to get banned from lobby serv. MM spent lots of times creating this wonderful 1337ubermega game, and now some noob haxorers want to ruin it.
This place is another planets hell. We all have sin, Because we're here.

Offline pero

• Major
  • [SaD] #fragbait
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 10:28:28 am »
Lots of people used it cause it wasnt considered as a hack on the beginning :)

Offline Jæson

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 09:06:00 pm »
Lots of people used it cause it wasnt considered as a hack on the beginning :)

That makes no sense. This exploit from the beginning was a violation of Soldat's ToS, it tricked soldat with some bunk data and therefore it is considered a hack. It always was and will be. To be honest I haven't seen it in at all for the past few weeks. I guess it lost popularity because of the virus that came with it.
Miss your shots, miss your chance.

Offline EnEsCe

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Flamebow Warrior
  • http://enesce.com/
    • [eC] Official Website
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2007, 02:42:37 am »
It lost popularity because it cant be used anymore since I fixed it in the server, lol.

Offline echo_trail

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • ménage-à-trois
    • my last.fm
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2007, 03:07:23 am »
Also, a hacker gone good is better than a hacker gone banned. Or so I think at least..
I fucking miss all you cunts!

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2007, 06:02:58 am »
Also, a hacker gone good is better than a hacker gone banned. Or so I think at least..
That is my point of view.
Not all hackers are pure evil. There are those call "White-hat hackers that take what they know about exploits, and how hackers think to make the game better.
I guess EnEsCe could be called a White-hat. Almost everyone here should know that he started his carrer as a talented hacker.
I don't know all of the story, but eventually he ended up working on improving the game so it couldn't be hacked.

EnEsCe, tellme is I got any of that wrong.

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking

Offline Zamorak

• Camper
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 07:47:27 am »
Not all hackers are pure evil. There are those call "White-hat hackers that take what they know about exploits, and how hackers think to make the game better.
I guess EnEsCe could be called a White-hat. Almost everyone here should know that he started his carrer as a talented hacker.
I don't know all of the story, but eventually he ended up working on improving the game so it couldn't be hacked.

White-hat??? Do you mean white-collar?

ZamoraK |2Wai|

Offline pero

• Major
  • [SaD] #fragbait
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2007, 09:20:47 am »
i dont know, i saw a few people with invisible pants on gathers and wars, and no one really complained about it, so i think that atleast in my community it wasnt viewed as a hack from the start

Offline Jæson

• Soldier
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2007, 11:29:49 am »
i saw a few people with invisible pants on gathers and wars

Impossible because ;

it cant be used anymore since I fixed it in the server
Miss your shots, miss your chance.

Offline pero

• Major
  • [SaD] #fragbait
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007, 01:08:35 pm »
geez, i was saying that it wasnt considered a hack on the BEGINNING in my community, when the hack first came out. i dont think enesce fixed it in 1 day.

Offline X-Rayz

• Camper
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2007, 08:13:29 pm »
The title of the topic would be exciting for geeks.

I'm never downloading anything like this. I once downloaded some... stuff..., and, yay, I've got pop ups everywhere.
 Annoying. Like having indians calling you every single minute.

(no offense to indians. except for the phone ones.

Offline mxyzptlk

• Veteran
  • The Panda Ninja
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2007, 08:20:20 pm »

White-hat??? Do you mean white-collar?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_hat

"While preceding your entrance with a grenade is a good tactic in
Quake, it can lead to problems if attempted at work." -- C Hacking