Author Topic: [SC] Soldat Commander (v0.9 Beta 1) - Please lock  (Read 10467 times)

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
  • :M: Turbo Team!
    • Simplexity Network
[SC] Soldat Commander (v0.9 Beta 1) - Please lock
« on: March 11, 2007, 04:18:41 am »
If all anyone is going to do is argue over this, I'll simply keep it to myself and the few people I would even consider hosting servers for.

To everyone who is reading this for the first time, you can thank nub and mikembm for helping me decide to discontinue the project.

To those of you who think this means you can take Beta 1, possibly modify it, change the name, and re-release it, I would think twice about doing that here. I know it'll probably happen on another website and/or message board, but let it be known that Soldat Commander is officially no longer available. I will continue to visit these forums into the future, and an attempt at stealing any of my code and releasing it as your own will not go unnoticed. Also, I'll leave the header of the file posted here for all to see, as it contains not only the terms of use, but also the copyright notice. Soldat Commander is the intellectual property of Simplexity Network.

To the few who were helping to test SC, I send my thanks. In the unlikely event that I decide to release a new version, you will be the first to know.

I respectfully request that this topic be locked as soon as possible.

Quote from: \scripts\SoldatCommander.pas
// Soldat Commander v0.9 Beta 1
//  for Soldat v1.3.1 Dedicated Server v2.5.2+
// Copyright ©2006-2007 Riax of Simplexity Network.
// All rights reserved.

// By using this script, you agree to the following:
//   - You will not modify any part of the script. This includes, but is not limited to,
//     removing or changing this header or any copyright notice within the script.
//   - You will not directly copy any part of this script for use in other scripts
//     without express permission from its creator.
//   - You will not redistribute the script without express permission from its creator.
//   - The creator of the script may choose to give support for the script over various
//     communication mediums, but he is not obligated in any way to do so.
//   - Use of this script is "at your own risk." The creator acknowledges that there is
//     the possibility of the script causing harm to any system on which it is used.
//     If, by the use of this script, a system is harmed in any way, neither the creator
//     nor his affiliates will be held responsible.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 03:37:42 pm by Riax »
Server Admin, MegaMod CTF

Founder, Simplexity Network // Fan, Machine Supremacy

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
Re: [SC] Soldat Commander (v0.9 Beta 1)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 07:11:57 am »
:O Will this work at current dedicated version ?

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 07:59:01 am »
Hmm... I was testing this in one of my servers and it was lagging like hell. Many messages "Leo is flooding the server" and "Connection problem".

Offline Mikeman

• Soldier
    • Nuke Corruption
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 09:19:53 am »
I tested it on my own server at my computer, worked fine. Nice work  ;)

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 12:08:27 pm »
I'm posting just to add another copy of this to the thread.  If your scripts are too long to paste the code, please attach them to your post so that we don't lose the script if your site disappears.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 03:13:36 pm »
I get many errors and server crashes when I use this:

Code: [Select]
07-03-12 21:03:11  [*] Run-time error (OnPlayerSpeak "function ChopLeft(source: string; chop: byte): string;"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:03:11  [*] Run-time error (OnPlayerSpeak "// By using this script, you agree to the following:"): Out of Global Vars range
07-03-12 21:03:21  [*] Run-time error (OnPlayerSpeak " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:03:21  [*] Run-time error (OnPlayerSpeak ""): Out of Global Vars range
07-03-12 21:04:00  [*] Run-time error (OnPlayerSpeak " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:00  [*] Run-time error (OnPlayerSpeak " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:00  [*] Run-time error (AppOnIdle " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:01  [*] Run-time error (AppOnIdle " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:02  [*] Run-time error (AppOnIdle " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:03  [*] Run-time error (AppOnIdle " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:04  [*] Run-time error (AppOnIdle " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:05  [*] Run-time error (AppOnIdle " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:06  [*] Run-time error (AppOnIdle " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:07  [*] Run-time error (AppOnIdle " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:08  [*] Run-time error (AppOnIdle " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:09  [*] Run-time error (AppOnIdle " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:10  [*] Run-time error (AppOnIdle " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch
07-03-12 21:04:11  [*] Run-time error (AppOnIdle " Command('/setteam' + IntToStr(team) + ' ' + IntToStr(ID))"): Exception: Type Mismatch

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 03:24:51 pm »
Quote from: FliesLikeABrick
I'm posting just to add another copy of this to the thread.  If your scripts are too long to paste the code, please attach them to your post so that we don't lose the script if your site disappears.
I completely missed the "Additional Options" on the post page. Sorry about that. Is it ok if I simply attach the zip file? (I'll attach the script for now and change it if that's the case.)

Quote from: Mikeman
I tested it on my own server at my computer, worked fine. Nice work  ;)
Thanks. I've spent days making SC release-ready. If you have any suggestions for improvement (other than ones that I've listed in the to-do list), please post them. I've got a few good ideas of my own that'll probably make it in v1.0 Final, but telling you what they are would ruin all the fun. :P

Quote from: Leo
Hmm... I was testing this in one of my servers and it was lagging like hell. Many messages "Leo is flooding the server" and "Connection problem".
:-\ That's strange; I've had connection problems on my server, but those turned out to be the result of DOS (which means Denial of Service, for those who don't know) attacks. Could you recreate those errors and post the contents of the server window? It might also help if you posted system specs for the machine you ran it on.

I think I know the culprit of all the errors containing '/setteam'. I'll go check it out.

EDIT: Ok, I believe I've fixed most of the errors. If you'd like, Leo, I can create a login on my server so that you can access the pre-releases directory. PM me with your desired username and password if you'd like to help test SC. This goes for anyone else as well, but it doesn't mean everyone can be testers. I'll decide who to give pre-release access to.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 04:09:56 pm by Riax »

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 12:39:35 am »
Ok, you have PM ;) Btw, you could visit #lrs at quakenet. I am there most of the time.

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 02:43:35 pm »
Quote from: Leo
Ok, you have PM ;) Btw, you could visit #lrs at quakenet. I am there most of the time.
Alright, then. Your account is active and you have access to the /SC/pre-releases/ directory on my server, which contains a pre-release of v0.9 Beta 2. I'll go install an IRC client here in a bit.

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 12:35:02 am »
It seems to work without problems. However, personally, I need an auto-balance feature, without bots, before I shut down my ARSSE :)

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 05:53:53 am »
if you implement such autobalance, please make sure that the person is /killed after /setteaming (at least in survival mode)
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Leo

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 07:15:28 am »
Ok, found a bug I think. If I have an IP at "Members" and "AnnounceMembers=true" then I get this error at console: "07-03-14 13:17:18 
  • Run-time error (OnJoinGame "      ServerMessage(ID,'Command code received. Standing by...')"): Out Of Range" and "(19:06:33) 
  • Run-time error (AppOnIdle "   case ID of"): Exception: Type Mismatch

(19:06:34) 
  • Run-time error (AppOnIdle "   case ID of"): Exception: Type Mismatch"
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 12:08:46 pm by Leo »

Offline rumpel

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 09:15:14 am »
dllink doesnt work
banned.

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 01:30:06 am »
All links to pages hosted on my server were broken for a day or so. I'm sorry to inconvenience all of you, but school, friends, and family will always come before anything I do online, including Soldat scripting and server hosting. That being said, my server pretty much runs itself, and I rarely flip my KVM switch over to it unless there's a problem. In the past 3 days, my server has seen about 20 hours of uninterrupted downtime; this is, in fact, the most downtime it has seen PERIOD in the past year. About 3 days ago at somewhere between 1 and 2 in the morning, our power failed, and the notion that my server was probably down didn't cross my mind until around 10:30 that night.

I will continue to develop this script, but I will do so when and if I have the time. Writing scripts for Soldat is not my job; I have nothing of value in the real world to gain from it. So, updates to Soldat Commander will come, but there may be days, and possibly weeks, when what's happening in my real life will simply be more important than anything else. So, forgive me if there are breaks in development.

Just to illustrate my point, it is currently 2:23 AM where I am (GMT -5:00). I was out with friends until around 1:30 when we decided to call it a night. I have been awake for nearly 21 hours, and I need my sleep. Again, I apologize for the break in updates both developmental and informational, and any breaks I may take in the future. Contrary to popular belief, geeks can indeed have lives.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 01:34:15 am by Riax »

Offline 1221995

• Soldier
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 06:29:40 pm »
iT MAKES IT ALL GLUITCHY... LIKE PARACHUTES FALLING WHENEVER I MOVE AND KILL TRIGGERS MAKE MY HEAD FLY UP AND BOUNCE ON THE CEILING LIKE A BALL...???...!!!...???...!!!...?????????????

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2007, 09:53:21 am »
Quote from: 1221995
iT MAKES IT ALL GLUITCHY... LIKE PARACHUTES FALLING WHENEVER I MOVE AND KILL TRIGGERS MAKE MY HEAD FLY UP AND BOUNCE ON THE CEILING LIKE A BALL...???...!!!...???...!!!...?????????????
If there's one thing I hate more than people who type multiple exclamation points after a statement, it's people who type with caps lock turned on, as if having upper-case letters and lots of exclamation points will make their reply seem better or more valid in some way.

If you're going to complain to me about something in the script, I suggest you resubmit your reply with, at the very least, an attempt at using correct grammar, capitalization, and punctuation. That being said, from now on, I will respond to any and all replies to the topics I start that are typed in the manner as displayed above thusly: they will be either heavily scrutinized, as I've done with this one, or I'll ignore them altogether.

P.S. I have another pre-release version on its way for the testers. It'll be uploaded later today or early tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 09:55:51 am by Riax »

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 10:19:11 am »
Quote from: 1221995
If there's one thing I hate more than people who type multiple exclamation points after a statement, it's people who type with caps lock turned on, as if having upper-case letters and lots of exclamation points will make their reply seem better or more valid in some way.

If you're going to complain to me about something in the script, I suggest you resubmit your reply with, at the very least, an attempt at using correct grammar, capitalization, and punctuation. That being said, from now on, I will respond to any and all replies to the topics I start that are typed in the manner as displayed above thusly: they will be either heavily scrutinized, as I've done with this one, or I'll ignore them altogether.

P.S. I have another pre-release version on its way for the testers. It'll be uploaded later today or early tomorrow.

Dude, you rock!

This looks really interesting. Interesting in a very good way. :)

Offline nub

• Major
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »
//   - You will not modify any part of the script. This includes, but is not limited to,
//     removing or changing this header or any copyright notice within the script.
//   - You will not directly copy any part of this script for use in other scripts
//     without express permission from its creator.

Which means that I'm not allowed to use this script in conjunction with other scripts, since you can't add other scripts to Soldat without altering yours.

//   - You will not redistribute the script without express permission from its creator.

[A] hey, that's a nice script you are running on your server, can you give it to me?
ok, but i have to ask the author first.
Можно зарезать, украсть и всё-таки быть счастливым...