Author Topic: MegaMod CTF (It's back!)  (Read 4091 times)

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
  • :M: Turbo Team!
    • Simplexity Network
MegaMod CTF (It's back!)
« on: March 11, 2007, 06:07:06 am »
This server is now ONLINE.

MegaMod CTF is back! Prepare for lots of damage, big explosions, and more mega than you can shake a stick at.

Server name: MegaMod CTF
Address/Port: server5.enesce.com:23097
Game type: CTF, in case you didn't read the server name.
Weapon mod: MegaMod for CTF maps v1.6
Public player slots: 14
Reserved player slots: 2
Map time limit: 15 minutes
Capture limit: 8
Disabled weapons: Flamer, Bow, Flame bow

Map rotation:
ctf_Ash
ctf_B2b
ctf_Cobra
ctf_Conquest
ctf_Death2
ctf_Division
ctf_Dropdown2
ctf_Equinox
ctf_Kampf
ctf_Lanubya
ctf_Laos
ctf_Maya
ctf_Maya2
ctf_Nuubia
ctf_Ruins
ctf_Run
ctf_Snakebite
ctf_Steel
ctf_Viet
ctf_Voland

Script(s):
Soldat Commander v1.0 by Riax (Unreleased)

Banned/reserved name patterns: (* is a wildcard; not case-sensitive)
*turbo team*
*awesome squad*
*admin*
*major*
*soldier*
your*
yo *
player

Additional Notes:
Names equal to or containing default bot names are also not allowed.
Flag caps are worth 10 points instead of 20.
For every ten seconds your flag is kept at base, everyone on your team is awarded one point.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 05:11:40 pm by Riax »
Server Admin, MegaMod CTF

Founder, Simplexity Network // Fan, Machine Supremacy

Offline truup

• Soldier
Re: SN # MegaMod CTF
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 07:04:14 am »
Why do you have (SN) banned?

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 04:27:21 pm »
(SN) and [SN] are banned because they are very easily confused with {SN}, which is the tag I and the other admins use. SN stands for Simplexity Network.

Offline Avarax

• Veteran
    • Official Hexer & MMod site
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:49:37 am »
did you think about the fact that there are various other clans that have SN as their tag, Soldier's Nightmare for example? Apart from that, the link to the weaponsmod doesnt work
I like to have one Martini
Two at the very most
Three I'm under the table
Four I'm under the host

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 01:56:52 am »
Quote from: Avarax
the link to the weaponsmod doesnt work
That isn't a link to the weapon mod. It's a link to the website of the group that made the mod.

Due to complications that have arisen from server scripting and conflicts with other services I am hosting on the server machine, my server will be offline until further notice.

I respectfully request that this topic be locked (and that [Please Lock] be removed from the title) by an administrator or moderator. Thank you.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 02:00:30 am by Riax »

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
Re: SN # MegaMod CTF [Please Lock]
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 10:35:56 pm »
locked by request

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
    • Simplexity Network
Re: MegaMod CTF (It's back!)
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 01:04:50 am »
Alright, topic's unlocked (thanks, n00bface :)) and the OP is updated.

MegaMod CTF will be back online within a week or two. 8) I just have to figure out where it's going to be hosted and wait for Ruxias (known in-game as "Awesome Squad!") to finish MegaMod v2.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 02:10:01 pm by Riax »

Offline nuclearrambo

• Major
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 12:52:44 am »
wow this is back?! :) I used to play this back in 1.3.1 then it suddenly colsed down.

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 03:37:31 am »
Yep. As soon as I get everything sorted out with my PayPal account, I'll be renting a server from EnEsCe. :)

Also, we're calling this MegaMod v1.1 instead of 2.0, since we took the original and tweaked it rather than recreating it from scratch. The server will be up by no later than Wednesday, June 4. ;D

Offline Ruxias

• Major(1)
  • :M: Awesome Squad!
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 03:43:46 am »
I can't wait to get the old server back up. Lots of fun times there. We'll start the server with the mod Riax mentioned and then tweak it as time goes on. Once we have it all tuned, I'll release the mod on the forums here for everyone. Also, now that we're getting a paid host, we shouldn't have those lag problems like last time.

I wonder: how many people out there actually remember our server?

"You'll never know anything until you're willing to risk everything."

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 05:40:54 pm »
Okay, scratch the part about renting the server (Sorry, EnEsCe). A friend has agreed to host the server on his fiber optic connection. ;D It's now online, so get in there and start fraggin'!

EDIT: Well, as I'm now being reminded, a fast connection doesn't make up for a lack of adequate processing power, so I will be renting the server from EnEsCe by Wednesday.

Date Posted: May 31, 2008, 05:35:51 pm
Alright! The server is now hosted by [eC] and is online. ;D OP updated.

On a side note, I've turned down the power on the XM214 Minigun a bit and made it available to all players. The FN Minimi is still admin-only, since it's always a one-shot-kill. (Don't worry, we won't use it on you unless you're a total dick.)

Offline Ruxias

• Major(1)
  • :M: Awesome Squad!
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 09:32:12 pm »
Dear users,

I'd like to inform everyone that for an undetermined time the MegaMod CTF server will be undergoing intermittent downtime. This is solely because of the effort of the server staff to adjust settings in order to better serve it's users. On behalf of myself (:M: Awesome Squad!) and Riax (:M: Turbo Team!), I apologize for this downtime in advance, and assure you it will only ultimately result in a better quality experience for everyone.

If you would like to make any suggestions, you may make them here in the forums and if we like it we'll try to implement it. Although, keep in mind, not all suggestions may be possible, and only suggestions on the forums will be considered.

Best regards,
    :M: Awesome Squad!
    :M: Turbo Team!

"You'll never know anything until you're willing to risk everything."

Offline nuclearrambo

• Major
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 12:46:34 am »
wtf i got in the server and there were bots who were invincible. I could not even kill them neither i could kill me self..... remove the bots and remove the invincbility.

Offline Riax

• Major(1)
    • Simplexity Network
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2008, 09:00:34 pm »
wtf i got in the server and there were bots who were invincible. I could not even kill them neither i could kill me self..... remove the bots and remove the invincbility.
First, like Ruxias said, there were some bugs in the script that have now been addressed. The invincibility issue has been resolved. I have set the automatic bots feature to 'false' in the Soldat Commander config. This decision came not from the issue you described, but from the fact that using certain weapon mods enables the bots to fire the weapons without reloading, resulting in a very annoying, continuous spray of ammunition. I believe this to be a problem with Soldat Server itself rather than with our server specifically, as I've seen the same thing occurr on other servers with drastically different weapon mod settings.

Second, I've made a few changes to the script to enhance gameplay a bit. They have been noted in the OP, but I thought I'd take the time now to point them out.
  • The restricted weapons feature of Soldat Commander has been removed. It was simply causing more problems than it was worth. We've now modified those weapons for use by everyone. (Note that any disabled weapons are still disabled. Only the weapons that were restricted to admins are now available.)
  • As I've configured it, for every ten seconds your team's flag is kept at your base (not shot up into the spawn area to make it harder to capture), everyone on your team will receive one point. This was Ruxias' idea as an incentive to keeping the flag where it is supposed to be.
  • The script now allows us to award a different point value for flag caps. I've configured this setting for 10 points, rather than the default 20. I've done this so that when there are only a few people on the server, one person can't make his or her score as unreachable by the other player(s) by using the Spas to fly across the map and cap.

Third, Ruxias' and I have been fine-tuning the weapons a bit to make them more balanced. This is a continued effort on our part to make playing on the server more enjoyable for everyone, with whichever weapons they may choose to use. Also, as Ruxias has mentioned, once we think we've balanced the weapons well enough to call it MegaMod v2, we'll consider releasing it here on the forums.

And last, if you play on the server often enough, we may decide to invite you to be a partial admin. For starters, you will gain access to a few console commands, such as /gmute, /map, and possibly even /kick, if I'm feeling generous. However, as Ruxias and I have said in the past on various other game servers, if you ask for it, you won't get it. So, stick around, follow the rules, have some fun, and maybe we'll decide you're what we're looking for...if you're mega enough.