Author Topic: Recruiting Warhammer 40k Map-Makers  (Read 4229 times)

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
Recruiting Warhammer 40k Map-Makers
« on: June 26, 2006, 05:29:35 am »
Ello lads!

Some of you might have recently noticed that we have released the complete series of our Warhammer 40k weapon mods.

Now we have recieved feedback and done some research, we have begun work on an improved mod as described further in the mod making section!

With this update nearly complete we are looking for experianced map-makers to help us create a few warhammer 40k themed maps to be released alongside this series.

At the moment we are interreseted in CTF mapsas they are the more 'popular' in soldat communities. We would like a few good maps that show various worlds from the genre.

For example, from war torn industiral cities, dark and heavly covered forests, imperial bunkers, all the war to tau outposts and necron crypts!

All we ask is that you post screenshots either here or by a personal message. We are asking for 'Experianced' map makers so dont be let down if we decline your offer!

Unfortunatley we are not able to provide props for the maps but we are able to provide you with very large amounts of warhammer 40k images and artwork that can get map-makers 'into the mood' as it were!

My thanks to everybody participating!

WARHAMMER 40K CREW

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
Re: Recruiting Warhammer 40k Map-Makers
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 08:06:56 pm »
I dunno if I qualify as experienced (check the maps on my sig) but Id be happy to give you a hand if you'd be able to give me liek a sketch or outline of what you want (I have no idea what Warhammer 40k is, sry!).

btw. I googled it and I found this:

but I dunno if that's what you had in mind...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 10:32:47 pm by -WildBill- »
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Onyx

• Soldier
  • everybody gets one
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 11:28:58 am »
I am also not as experienced, but i love warhammer 40k, and i know every thing about it, so I could help very much with what you are doing
also, are you finished the mod, I would also like to see it, I myself have been making some space marine models in place of the soldat ones

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 04:39:36 pm »
Well, i am pleased with the support and offers! I would very much like to see your work onyx. If i may, can u post a screen-shot for me to view.

Anybody else interresed in the map-making or Gostek aspect of the game, feel free to post in your Warhammer 40k themed maps, Gosteks or whatever! failing that just PM me!

I must warn people however, as we are nearing the end of production i must ask those who are interrested to hurry up! There is already a Space Marine Gostek under construction, but i would still like to see onyx creation!

My thanks to all our supporters!
Warhammer 40k Crew

Offline Onyx

• Soldier
  • everybody gets one
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 08:14:45 pm »
unfortuantely at the moment i am not at my computer, but when i am, i will post the screens
most warn you though, it would use a bit of texture work to it (not going to great into detail just yet, but i am getting there)
also i have been having conflict with keeping those files in a separate soldat file, does anyone know how to have one soldat file that launches regular soldat, then another that launches any thing that you have been working on?

Offline Onyx

• Soldier
  • everybody gets one
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 08:47:46 pm »
actually by the looks of it, i might have to be digging into some of those floppies and stuff to find em, I never kept them on the computer because they conflicted with playing original soldat, and like i said above i need to know how to be able to open these things separately, if someone could tell me how it would be greatly aprreciated

deadeye rob, it may be a little longer then i planed to show you, but i will get them to you ASAP. and.. how close is this mod to finishing, might I be able to see the models you have finished?( are you doing the models or are you just doing weapons and maps)

is there another website for this, because i would gladly join and maybe add my models to your mod

Offline viggoloniggolo

• Camper
  • maplord
    • Soldat Mappers League
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 01:13:34 am »
hey HAMMERER's, you turned me on. (lol dont laugh)

I can make maps for you as soon as you dont force me use yer mode, aight?

If you have never heard of me/never seen my maps (then youre officially a ****)
go check the mapping section will ya.

to contact me and give me further information check my profile and check where and how to find me.

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 02:30:06 pm »
Yes i have heard of you and your maps Vig, ive even played and...dare is say...Enjoyed them. (So that doesnt make me much of a ******!)

Anyways, to answer onxys question, this mod is being developed by Me, Stalky and Anubis.

It will affect,
sounds
weapon appearance
Weapon-Interface Appearance
Gosteks
and possibly the Interface as a whole.

It will be installed and managed using a similar program that runs Lord Ivahns 'Mecha Soldat' mod. In answer to Vigs post, i would be delighted if you would design a few maps for us! If you have the time just post a few designs!

Unofrtunatley i remind everybody interrested in participating....
Practically none of us have any knowledge or skill in designing maps so dont bother asking! all we can do is provide 'inspirational' images that reflect the Warhammer 40k world!

Offline Onyx

• Soldier
  • everybody gets one
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 12:01:57 pm »
well dead eye. I'm sorry to say that those files are lost somewhere in the mass of old floppies that i never use
but if you still need my skills in ceating some gosteks I will be happy to, by the looks of it though you look like you already have some work on it anyways
the only problem I have in using  the blood effects, ( when the guy starts to take damage, he reverts back to the soldat model, and i dont know how to get rid of that)

but i could do a couple maps if you provide me with some textures

Offline -WildBill-

• Camper
  • Extra-Medium
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 10:35:00 pm »
hey I found a friend of mine who plays war hammer. he said the maps are just like deserted towns, fileds, dead forrests, etc. is that what you had in mind?
lol siggeh deleted for the 7th time! that's like a new record or something, ain't it?

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 08:51:17 am »
kinda! Bombed out industrial cities with a gothic feel to them.

overly forested, dark jungles

things like that! really!

Offline Schweppes

• Major(1)
  • [pzy]Schweppes
    • Schweppes and Justin
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 03:19:05 pm »
would it be possible to see a link to this project, or the previous mod download.

I love WH40k

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 07:15:44 am »
Unfortunatley you are going to have to wait until we release the completed new version of Warhammer 40k.

However, the older series are underneath every thread i post. look under the Warhammer 40k User bar for the thread link!

Offline VirtualTT

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2006, 06:16:39 pm »
i remember that i've already started making a W40k map about half of the year ago, but it's still unfinished
it's gonna be something like this:

Offline Stalky

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2006, 03:07:10 am »
Crap, nice Dawn of War rip :)

Offline Deadeye Rob

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 04:23:06 am »
At least hes got the idea.

U got the right feel to it, its an interresting idea that u got the art work from dawn of war, but it needs an awful lot of work!

Try looking into a more industrial look, try bombed out factories, rusty pipes, but with a gothic feel, so try church spires.

Pack the map with as much debris and rubble as possible. We are after a very complex but compelling map! You got the idea just elaborate more on it! More buildings! more objects! more collisions! MORE!!!