Author Topic: Start of a Comeback for the PS3  (Read 5676 times)

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
Re: Start of a Comeback for the PS3
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 07:13:25 pm »
Do you think they'll have a raid on there?

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2007, 12:50:11 am »
no, because you'd have to own a ps3 to do it

home looks like crap... whats the point if you can't blow **** up?

"everyone you see in home is a playstation 3 owner"... YOU MEAN ALL THREE?!
OMG. I don't even think it's out yet so calm down; it's the prototype ya screecher(and I saw more than three different people, and theres likely to be more than one place to start at besides that park-ish place).

if it isn't out yet, then who are all those people? THATS RIGHT

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2007, 01:04:14 am »
Why is Wii even being compared, Wii is for weaboo's

Did I hear weaboo, because I think I heard weaboo.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Unlucky XIII

• Soldier
  • Unit Zero One Three
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2007, 01:19:23 am »
Home doesn't interest me, but LittleBigPlanet looks like it would be a hell'ov'a lot of fun, and seems to be an interesting idea.

Not that I believe it will turn the current standings of the consoles around, but I commonly get these things wrong.

"The old ones are the best"

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2007, 07:20:57 am »

OMG. I don't even think it's out yet so calm down; it's the prototype ya screecher(and I saw more than three different people, and theres likely to be more than one place to start at besides that park-ish place).

Testers? Maybe...?So the people that download it don't have their PS3's blow up from Home's homeliness>?

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2007, 08:48:50 am »
I  guess no one reads the rules anymore!

Offline CodeSixteen

• Major(1)
  • Applesauce Goatee!
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2007, 09:03:58 am »
Has it been lost on you all that the developers of this Home service would have thought of the fact that people wouldn't like others music or actions?

It would be a simple matter of a blocklist, or muting sounds from other players. Its easy and its been done for years, and I have no doubt there will be servers representing communities as well. Dont like a community? Log on to a different server!
Less talking and more shooting!

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2007, 10:34:00 am »

Heh, Death Machine already said it, but seriously, do you think they release the game without testing it?

"The engine is finished."
"Great.  How does it work?"
"We don't actually know...we figured we'd just release it and see what happens."
"How will we advertise the game? We'd need screenshots of the game being played...we'll have to advertise the game AFTER people buy it."
"Oh...that doesn't make sense, does it..."
"No it doesn't.  Now get me coffee."
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Best Admin: jrgp, he's like the forum mom and a pet dog rolled into one.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2007, 03:30:25 pm »
What the fuck happened to Killzone?

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline KingOfPing

• Major
  • You have huge mental retardation!
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2007, 07:04:54 pm »
PS3 is the worst system ever. Sorry to say, its controller doesnt have vibration capabilities.
First realease had many bugs. It costs allot. Its huge. Blue ray is freakin retartded i mean whats wrong with the good ol' dvd player?
I AM cool stop making fun of me!!

Offline vulbastick

• Soldier
  • Lasers From Atlantis
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2007, 07:14:24 pm »
thats cos ps3 isnt out yet......

PS is better than Xbox and Nintendo anyway. Its gonna do fine
PS3 has BEEN out for months... Anyway the ps3 will always be average at best. Xbox 360 and Wii just beat it down to much so that even if it did have some great games it would never achieve greatness(if it had any to begin with)

yeah Im UK pretty sure its not here yet
the Wii isnt extremely popular over here as far as i know
and no one ever talks about the 360

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2007, 07:36:50 pm »
thats cos ps3 isnt out yet......

PS is better than Xbox and Nintendo anyway. Its gonna do fine
PS3 has BEEN out for months... Anyway the ps3 will always be average at best. Xbox 360 and Wii just beat it down to much so that even if it did have some great games it would never achieve greatness(if it had any to begin with)

yeah Im UK pretty sure its not here yet
the Wii isnt extremely popular over here as far as i know
and no one ever talks about the 360
Strange they are waiting so long...
@ii

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2007, 08:57:48 pm »
PS3 is the worst system ever. Sorry to say, its controller doesnt have vibration capabilities.
First realease had many bugs. It costs allot. Its huge. Blue ray is freakin retartded i mean whats wrong with the good ol' dvd player?

Blu ray allows MUCH more information to be written on the DVD, allowing for higher definition and things of that sort.  Remember, PS3 is more of a media machine than an actual game system. (At least that's what it's advertised as now, since it apparently fails for gaming).
Gamer_2k4

Only anime shows I've felt any interest in over the years are Pokemon (original TV series) and various hentai.
so clearly jgrp is a goddamn anime connoisseur. his opinion might as well be law here.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2007, 09:13:00 pm »

Blu ray allows MUCH more information to be written on the DVD, allowing for higher definition and things of that sort.  Remember, PS3 is more of a media machine than an actual game system. (At least that's what it's advertised as now, since it apparently fails for gaming).
Yeah when I worked at walmart they had a blue ray display with like 10 different tvs... and to be honest the picture is NOT worth the money. The picture is a little bit clearer but not clear enough to spend I think its like a grand for blueray player. Also just like every graphics/picture bases item the tv effects the clarity. The picture you get depends on the tv you have go to the nearest place with a handful of flatscreens on display and compare images... they can be vastly different. Also all these people raving about ps3's ability to have stunning graphics... suprize you have to have a very nice tv to see all the little details people rave about. Like I remember someone talking about in a nba game you can see sweat on a players head... of course you can... if you drop a grand or more on a tv. This subjects annoys me because games look fine on a normal tv, you can see everything clear enough... but people freak out if they can't see every minute detail...
@ii

Offline {LAW} Gamer_2k4

• Flagrunner
  • To Wikipedia!
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2007, 10:54:08 pm »
This subjects annoys me because games look fine on a normal tv, you can see everything clear enough... but people freak out if they can't see every minute detail...

I've actually heard that HD images look kind of blurry or low quality on a standard TV.
Gamer_2k4

Offline Not Not Muldritch

• Major
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2007, 12:25:39 am »
LittleBigWorld looks awesome, and it shows off the PS3's graphical power quite well without ruining the style. Might even have the potential to be the PS3's killer app.

Home will blow.

/debate 1 Console
Let's see how many posts it takes for the thread to be totally derailed.

Offline Sticky

• Major
  • Toot toot
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2007, 03:06:33 am »
My favourite console is better than your favourite console  >:(

Offline Captain Ben

• Camper
  • "forum's-rebellious-cool-guy"
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2007, 06:40:30 am »

Offline blackdevil0742

• Veteran
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2007, 05:03:13 pm »
I don't think it'll sell well in Sweden now when it comes because it will come with suckyer/worse components performance wise and will still cost 100$ than in the US. Thus half of the games will not work. Dunno if the normal version will come to.

Proof from Aftonbladet(Swedish news site): http://www.e24.se/dynamiskt/prylar/did_14825155.asp

OBEY!!!

Offline Jæson

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2007, 03:17:07 am »
I want the PS3 for one thing only. Silent Hill 5. After that it'll have no use to me.

I'm not really into this next-gen thing. I don't care about the console wars or whos doing better. I just don't give a damn, really.
Miss your shots, miss your chance.